Taking the weapon to the next level

So I just sold an item for 40 million and have been upgrading my gear quite a bit for that money. But I still got around 16 million left, which am planning to use on a new weapon.

But I find it really hard to find out if the potential weapon upgrade is better than my current (as there is no real way to compare them properly).

My criterias when browsing for a new weapon is DPS-Has socket and-700+ LOH. (Adding Attack speed into the equation makes the weapon too expensive). Planning to use the crit damage for the socket.

Am I browsing for the right stuff? Or should I maybe just stick to my current weapon..?

Since you'd be basically looking to move into the 800+ DPS range for weapons now, you will be paying alot no matter what.

I am kinda in the same boat as you with my melee wizard.

I got my wand for a steal at 300k (650 DPS, 111 Int, 175 Vit, +546 LoH, +9 Arc Power, and a socket), but to find anything of an upgrade, I am looking at multi-millions, for maybe a 50-60 DPS upgrade on the weapon. I just can't justify that kind of expense at this point.
    How much money did you spend on that gear?

I haven't spent more then 4 million on my monk and it's stats are so much higher. It seems you need to go back and reinvest in proper jewellery and armor. I'd do that way before I went and bought a pricy weapon.

For me I aimed for 1500 dex, 800 resists, 6000 amor, 25% crit, 500 LoH, 30k+ hp and 20k+ DPS. If I had under those stats I wouldn't bother with an expensive weapon. Right now all I use a 1k Axe that dropped to me and it doesn't even have LoH and I do great. I have Act3 on farm (even though it's not worth farming at the moment) and can plow through Acts 1 and 2 without even popping a healing spell or potion.
    Quote from combi
    My criterias when browsing for a new weapon is DPS-Has socket and-700+ LOH. (Adding Attack speed into the equation makes the weapon too expensive). Planning to use the crit damage for the socket.

While crit damage is fine why bother with it in that region? And do you really need that much loh? Why not get it on another slot (eg: amulet) and look for a 1.000+ dps weapon with some nice stats on it instead?
    Quote from ballon

Quote from combi

While crit damage is fine why bother with it in that region? And do you really need that much loh? Why not get it on another slot (eg: amulet) and look for a 1.000+ dps weapon with some nice stats on it instead?

Thanks for the input. Well am not entirely sure how much LOH i need. I tought I`d just go with the amount i got now ( total of 1000~), but if am fine with less then its of course a good thing (price wise).
    Quote from hemlockrogue

I haven't spent more then 4 million on my monk and it's stats are so much higher. It seems you need to go back and reinvest in proper jewellery and armor. I'd do that way before I went and bought a pricy weapon.

For me I aimed for 1500 dex, 800 resists, 6000 amor, 25% crit, 500 LoH, 30k+ hp and 20k+ DPS.

^
    this.

I think you're not using the passive one with everything, witch is THE monk passive.
    At one point I had about 700resist all for max 500k per piece, invested a bit more now up to 2milj per piece and sitting at 800+ resist with 30k hp and 20k damage depending if I use my 2 x 1h or 1 h + shield the numbers go higher. But if I where you I would first focus on getting better resistance at least 700 - 800 for A3!
    Quote from archonshope

Quote from hemlockrogue

For me I aimed for 1500 dex, 800 resists, 6000 amor, 25% crit, 500 LoH, 30k+ hp and 20k+ DPS.

^
    this.

I think you're not using the passive one with everything, witch is THE monk passive.
    At one point I had about 700resist all for max 500k per piece, invested a bit more now up to 2milj per piece and sitting at 800+ resist with 30k hp and 20k damage depending if I use my 2 x 1h or 1 h + shield the numbers go higher. But if I where you I would first focus on getting better resistance at least 700 - 800 for A3!

I do have the one for everything passive, and I had over 800 in res to all. But I felt 800 wasent needed, and I still think it doesnt. I dont play that much but in terms of act 3 I just killed Ghom and I feel I do fine in act 3 because of my high crit chance/crith damage and LOH.

I think 800+ res to all is a bit of a overkill, but thats just me.

And wouldnt an upgraded weapon bump me to much over 20k dps anyway?
    I think you miss some dexterity... how can you have spent 24M, and be on 1.1k dexterity with all those green gems?
    Quote from Facer0ller

I think you miss some dexterity... how can you have spent 24M, and be on 1.1k dexterity with all those green gems?

I havent spendt 24 mill on the gear. Gave away 10 mill to some real life friends. I do agree my dex is somewhat low. Working on it. Reason is because i`ve focused on crit hit/chance on the items that can have it. Perfect rolled items with dex/crit/crit dmg is a very expensive. But my question is really about the weapon. Try not look at my gear - but on the weapon. Thats what I want to upgrade.
    I'd look for a fist or sword with 850 dps or more, a socket, and atleast 350 life on hit, then if you socket the gem with a Star Amethyst. That gives you more dps and a LoH total near your current weapon.
    With the amount of crit you have dex will scale rly nice on ur stats atm esp considering you only got 1.1k dex. I'd recommend that if your looking for a wep, search for wep with high dex (80+), socket(for crit dmg or even some LoH if you think you lose to much with the wep swap), and either some vit or AS
    Quote from combi

But I find it really hard to find out if the potential weapon upgrade is better than my current (as there is no real way to compare them properly).

Thats actually not true. Using THIS you'll know exactly what each weapon will provide whether it be positive or negative.

If you're really looking to go the next level, search the ah for these things:

crit damage - 50
    dexterity - 150
    has socket

then you want to be looking for weapons with as high as possible crit damage pre socket and ideally 250-300 dexterity, and you want to put as good of an emerald into it as you can afford

with two of these stat type weapons in the 8-900 range your unbuffed dps should move to around 30-40k if not more depending on your crit chance and dexterity total
    get another weapon and duel wield , real monks dont use shields.
    Get another weapon and dual wield, as the guy above me mentioned. Any kind of weapon will suffice since you have a fist weapon already. Get one with socket and gem it with the green one. By dual wielding, you will get 15% (Still 15%, right?) attack speed increase which is very helpful with LoH, that which you have a nice amount of.

However, the gear is a bit weak with very low dex and resi. You crit hit damage bonus is a bit low compared to the crit hit chance you got.
    I'm aware that you don't want us to talk about your gear but you might aswell want to change gear pieces. ( Overall doesn't look like 14m worth of gear aswell. Real good guides on the forum.)
    Quote from paroxysm2010

get another weapon and duel wield , real monks dont use shields.

Ironically a shield gives you a potential 10 % crit chance. Isnt that better than dual wielding?
    Quote from peekaydee

Quote from combi

Thats actually not true. Using THIS you'll know exactly what each weapon will provide whether it be positive or negative.

If you're really looking to go the next level, search the ah for these things:

crit damage - 50
    dexterity - 150
    has socket

then you want to be looking for weapons with as high as possible crit damage pre socket and ideally 250-300 dexterity, and you want to put as good of an emerald into it as you can afford

with two of these stat type weapons in the 8-900 range your unbuffed dps should move to around 30-40k if not more depending on your crit chance and dexterity total

Nice! Didnt know about that spreadsheet. Thanks for the heads up and tips.
    Quote from combi

Ironically a shield gives you a potential 10 % crit chance. Isnt that better than dual wielding?

No. Not by a longshot. Dual wielding is far superior dps wise.

Quote from combi

Nice! Didnt know about that spreadsheet. Thanks for the heads up and tips.

Np man, gl with your upgrades!
    You have a great Crit Chance at 34% but then only 100% crit damage. I'd get a relatively inexpensive pair of low 800 DPS weapons and use their slots for the 60-80% crit damage gems. Even if you had a pair of your current fist weapons with dexterity rather than strength, and a slot each for the gems, you'd be sailing!
    I agree. Dual wield 2 weapons. In the offhand weapon get high dex, high crit chance and a socket for more crit chance. It can double your dps. And you hit faster for better use of LoH.

I also agree your stats are low. You should aim for 1700 dex, 800 resist all and 5000 armor. That and 2 decent 750 dps critty weapons will put you into the 30k range.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes