Monk Buld for all of Inferno mode, open for suggestions!

I've been farming act 4 since before the nerf and this is the build I'm currently using. The servers are currently down so I cannot give you an exact # on each stat but after playing for hundreds of hours on the game, I can definitely ballpark it. My monks stats are currently sitting around 17k-18k DPS without Breath of Heaven and the IAS rune on.

Stats- Non Buffed
    16-17k DPS
    35.5% dodge
    31% Block
    Approx 7000 Defense
    Approx 1100 *Resist all with Mantra of Healing and 20% resist rune*
    1000 life on hit
    an additional 18% dmg reduction to melee from string of ears

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#bRgXjQ!YUX!ZaYbcc

Those are the skills I'm currently using. I change the skills around frequently. I typically don't use to many of them in general because I do not take enough damage to need to. The only time I really need to pay attention while playing the game anymore is in Infernal Whimsy. Pre-nerf I liked the blind over inner sanc, but regardless now the inner sanct helps me gets out of tight spots while searching for elite packs.

Sorry I didn't put more effort into this, hopefully it'll help at least one person out haha.
    Not trying to hate or anything, Im currently stuck at a3 inferno myself, but exactly how many days does it take for you to kill anything in a4?
    Im curious as well about your kill speed, how much does Earth Ally do for damage? I have meant to give him a shot since ignoring the poor guy once going to Inferno, but I cannot imagine life without Sweeping Wind of some flavor. But I like seeing builds that I don't see often, so Inner Sanctuary + Mystic Ally instead of Sweeping Wind + Blind is nice, glad its working for you!
    With those stats u can farm in w/e fail build u want.
    Quote from Konoka

With those stats u can farm in w/e fail build u want.

Wow, what a douchey reply
    How is it fail if he finds it a comfortable build to use and can clear content with it?
    I'm tired of people thinking you have to play the game one or two certain ways or else you're trash. It's the same on all class forums "lolz you haf no LoH, how can joo be Barb?!!?11?1"

The guy was trying to help others in any way with his build or potentially open a discussion re builds etc and you just flame/troll away. God you people annoy me. And yes I am a fucking white knight, care bear, internet police, liberal twat, but I'm not you, so there's a plus
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain...
    If I were you I'd swap Inner Sanctuary for Sweeping Wind+Blade Storm, Mistic Ally for Blinding Flash+Faith in the light and get MoE with Backlash.
    yeah I know of other builds and do switch from time to time, such as sweeping wind, retribution etc.. I like this build because I don't have to worry about dying, ever. I kill mobs just fine in act4, time depends on the mob and whether or not I have to chase it around. I can also be fighting a group of regular enemies (10 or so) in act 4 and leave the room to get a drink of water and come back and i'm still alive. correction on defense though, I'm right around 11.2k defense with keen eye's buff on, and my resists were a little higher then i thought at 1200 and 1600 with my barb buddy with me.
    My earth ally hits around 6k, I actually like him because he is a distraction and when you are killing any major boss, such as seigebreaker, azmodan etc... the earth ally draws his attention and the boss won't even attack me.
    I sometimes prefer to use Mystic Ally instead of Bladestorm

For a few cmap pack/elite encounters (usually Molten, Fire Chains etc) I find I'm either kiting too much and become a bit Spirit starved meaning that 75 spirit for sweeping wind is actually a lot, especially when you'll need to use your mantra, blinding flash, serenity nearly every time the CD is up. You can cast the ally as you retreat, it can tank a few hits while you wait for your CDs or run to a health globe etc.

This is mainly for progression, which is my case [Act 3 atm], and I'm sure when content becomes more managable for you then SW is a far stronger option.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain...
    Awesome, your build seems interesting :) I'm stuck at Ghom atm with 20k dps, 30k life and 800resist but only 300LoH (overpriced stats imo :P) I'll try this out tonight to see if this could help me, tnx!
    Thats an incredibly defensive build. I'd suggest something like THIS if you're trying to make a build that will work from start to finish in inferno as it covers both offense and defense better. It also accounts for different levels of gear, as blade storm will be better overall since you won't always have the 20-30% chc+ (not at first obviously) that you'd want for cyclone.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes