GODLY Monk Shield!

I am sorry if this is not the best place to discuss this and I apologize in advance, but I just found this shield and it looks very good and I don't really know for how much I should sell. Please share your opinion in both gold / euro.

-Only 6% less block than a maximum Stormshield, but with WAY more ammount blocked (Block can be increased by Helm of Command, but ammount of block nay) so IMO I think it's better.
    -The reisistances are also more than a maximum Stormshield (70 all)
    -Stormshield also offers a lot of strength (according to blizz website)
    -You don't need to have VIT on all of your items, just have a lot of resist here, and vit on weapon, and so you balance it.

Yeah that's a good shield, but it's sure as hell not better than a Stormshield. Stormshields have reduced damage from melee and elite packs, which is huge. You can probably get a good 10 million for that though.
    Any more opinions?
    Diablofans has so small community
    it sure is a nice shield but far from the best. it only has 4 properties. worth a few mill thou
    no crit on it either
    What act dropped it?
    Quote from Chrii

What act dropped it?

Why does it matter? Every acts can drop it. I got it on act2 thou.
    A godly monk shield would have 60+ all resist and 60+ of a single resistence and 9-10% crit chance, in addition to the block chance. Also dex or vit. This shield is good; as mentioned, it will probably sell for some millions, but it is far from godly.
    Purely based on AH prices, I'd say at least 10 million. Try it. You might be surprised.
    Its nice, but not godly. Add +10% chance to hit and a resistance of my choice...then it would be godly :)
    Quote from DeepsideDJ

Quote from Chrii

What act dropped it?

Reason why i ask is because ive been farming act 1 with 209 mf gear plus NV ontop of that, and all ilvl 63 items ive got has been pure crap. Not a single sellable item, so this was just curiosity.

Why the tone?
    Quote from Chrii

Quote from DeepsideDJ

Quote from Chrii

What act dropped it?

Reason why i ask is because ive been farming act 1 with 209 mf gear plus NV ontop of that, and all ilvl 63 items ive got has been pure crap. Not a single sellable item, so this was just curiosity.

Why the tone?

Do you realize that MF has no effect whatsoever on the stats rolled?
    block is good, but other stats are bad... if you search a shield with "70@" filter, of course you will find shields that are worth several million, but if you search for example 35@/35 arcane resist + your other stats, i can buy a shield for 200k and it will do exactly the same job (maybe bit lower block or armor)

"one with everything" is all i can say, the single resist is really missing here for monk
    It's clear that no one here can read. The shield is worth 1504 gold...
    block is over rated big time! Block is OK for barbs, but monks rely alot more on dodge so blocking isnt that important. This shield would be better if that +% block was 60 res in any element and also if it had +crit or at least +vit or life%.

However Stormshield prices will help you. That shield is OVERPRICED big time! I mean theres probably 200+ stormshields on Gold AH, 200+ on EU and 200+ on GB RMAH. No one even buys them. And this shield is pretty good substitute. 4-5 mil / 30 eur and it will sell in one day. Would probably do 60 eur/10mil but you have to advertise and be patient.
    Quote from Drez

Quote from Chrii

Quote from DeepsideDJ

Quote from Chrii

What act dropped it?

Why the tone?

Do you realize that MF has no effect whatsoever on the stats rolled?

-MF Only incrase the chances for items to be higher quality (Rare, Legendary, Set).
    -The stats are pure random
    -Item level is set like this
    I think you may not understand the correct use of the term "Godly". But yes, it's a good shield.
    "I'm just getting started. I'm gonna pull the whole thing down. I gonna bring the whole fuckin' diseased, corrupt temple down on your heads. It's gonna be Biblical."

- Clay Shelton
    Quote from Zeal

I think you may not understand the correct use of the term "Godly". But yes, it's a good shield.

Noone does, way overused term in Diablo community. And yes blocked amounts are the main reasno to wear a shield.
    Quote from DeepsideDJ

Diablofans has so small community

Maybe your shield isn't as good as you think it is and people aren't going to get excited over average rolls on a 4 prop shield? The only good roll on that shield is the 19% base block (20% is perfect). 74 resist all actually works against the shield from a buyers perspective because you will try and demand a premium for it when in reality a smart monk will look for a worse resist all roll + random resist and end up with the same, or better, resistances (via One with Everything) and save a ton of gold.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes