[MONK Guide] - Mind Over Matter

I have been using this build for a while and love it.

I just want to know how much resistance you should go for?

At the moment I got:
    869 in all resistance (with mantra of healing active)
    704 dexterity
    808 vitality (~32k hp)
    2.16 attacks per second
    and 799 life per hit

Is there any point in getting more resistance? I got 2 rings I can swap to get over 1k resistance, but I lose alot of HP and attack speed in exchange.
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#WiXgfQ!ZXU!ZYZaYc

yes?
    Yeah, using those skills.
    Have completed act 2 inferno and done a small part of act 3.

Just thought if you think there is a break point where it's better to go for some more dex/vit or other stat rather than resistance?
    Quote from gumze

I have been using this build for a while and love it.

I just want to know how much resistance you should go for?

At the moment I got:
    869 in all resistance (with mantra of healing active)
    704 dexterity
    808 vitality (~32k hp)
    2.16 attacks per second
    and 799 life per hit

Is there any point in getting more resistance? I got 2 rings I can swap to get over 1k resistance, but I lose alot of HP and attack speed in exchange.

attack speed is fluffy goodness, but if you can make sure you're cleaving alot, and you're dual wielding, then its okay to lose it.

vita is tough to give up, and in most cases not worth it. giving it up that is.
    Are you linking to an old calculator?

Cause if im right your not able to use both Serenity and Breath of Life at the same time.

Or am I missing something?
    Don't remember exactly the path, but something like Options>Gameplay>Enable Elective Mode.
    Will do wonders for you.

To the OP: when exactly did you start using this build? NM with a heavy dodge build (no life on hit equipped) is starting to toughen up through Act III and I'm heavily inclined to keep this kind of gameplay. Mainly, Guardian's Path and MoE as opposed to MoH and another defensive passive. But if things get a little too rough I may try your build also.
    Quote from Baxalvart

Are you linking to an old calculator?

Cause if im right your not able to use both Serenity and Breath of Life at the same time.

Or am I missing something?

read luizdeh's post

I didn;t begin to use this build untill i got to inferno mode, I was able to manage with high dex/dps though most of hell, also did everything in a group of 4
    Enable Elective Mode :facepalm:

Thanks for that tip, I had the idea I was stuck with the rigid skill rules.

Great guide.
    Hi, I'm having some trouble dealing with some pack of elites, what do u suggest that me to stack more?
    In the moment I'm dual wielding and have the following stats:
    -1494 dexterity
    -34.9% dodge
    -5235 armor (63.57% dmg reduction)
    -591 all resist - with mantra I reach 710 all resist
    -1.65 attacks per second
    -703 life per hit
    -743 vitality (29700 life)

I think I should stack for attack speed, but my life is low =/
    attack speed can be dropped if you are DW. Don't let it sweat you too bad, if you need more def then go for it over atk speed
    What is your opinion on LpSp?
    Quote from luizdeh

Don't remember exactly the path, but something like Options>Gameplay>Enable Elective Mode.
    Will do wonders for you.

To the OP: when exactly did you start using this build? NM with a heavy dodge build (no life on hit equipped) is starting to toughen up through Act III and I'm heavily inclined to keep this kind of gameplay. Mainly, Guardian's Path and MoE as opposed to MoH and another defensive passive. But if things get a little too rough I may try your build also.

Thank you so much for the elective mode. I have been double clicking those bars and trying to move them around since I started.
    Quote from beute

45% dmg reduction sounds a lot nicer than the dodge abilities if it actually works like that.

(1-0.25)*(1-0.2) = 0.6 aka you get 60% dmg. So you have 40%DR with Resolve and CW-Rune. Don't calc wrong please.

Same calc on dodge... (1-X)*(1-Y)*(1-Z).... etc
    Secondary ability:

Sweeping Strikes with Inner Storm means you never lack spirit, also Sweeping Strikes has been shown to work with LPH. This means more swings more hp regen.

Hello every1, fist post on this great Forum, always lurking the topics, but never entered a discussion...till this time..

I need a confirmation, i've tried sweeping wind, but it doesn't see to trigger the LPH when it deals damage.

Shouldn't it work as the OP stated?

Thanks
    Hey Faithfull,

I'd like to thank you immensly for your guide post. It's really pushed me in the right direction and Im looking forward to how the rest of the guide developes over time. I'm currently progress much more smoothly through act 2 inferno and, although I was already working in the right direction (LHP, Res all, dex, asp etc) the topic contained alot of usefull info which really broadened my knowledge on the class in general. Being as I am, a sucker for knowing all I can and mastering stuff hardcore, its really appreciated :)

if your game (And on a eur server...) it'd really enjoy more conversations and maybe some game time together. see how you run yo epic shizznats ;) Gamer tags Gabriell 2175 :)

Keep up the awesome work!
    Quote from edguy80

Secondary ability:

Sweeping Strikes with Inner Storm means you never lack spirit, also Sweeping Strikes has been shown to work with LPH. This means more swings more hp regen.

Hello every1, fist post on this great Forum, always lurking the topics, but never entered a discussion...till this time..

I need a confirmation, i've tried sweeping wind, but it doesn't see to trigger the LPH when it deals damage.

Shouldn't it work as the OP stated?

Thanks

ill be updating this thread today, but alas i have to catch the train to work in about 3 min.

go check the battle.net thread for the most up to date info. this thread is my red headed step child compaired to the bnet thread, simply because i loath how slow curse sites load in every browser ive tried....
    Many thanks mate, will check the other topic asap.
    This sir, was very helpful, thanks for the share! now, let me understand it and apply it :)
    Quote from VeNoMmx

This sir, was very helpful, thanks for the share! now, let me understand it and apply it :)

ask for clarification or check the bnet forum post that will have alot of questions already answered
    do you really kill of elites/mobs SOLO act2 and further?
    i'd like to see a youtube-clip of that please
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes