Where to farm for act 3?

Oh haj,

I cleared act 2 some days ago on my monk and im trying to progress in act 3. Act 3 totally rapes me from left to right and I'm currently clueless where to farm. I'm sure more monks are in this phase, could you guys give the community some tips on where to farm on your monk?

I'll update the farm places/spots that you guys and girls suggest:
    • Butcher runs (Get as quickly 5 stacks of NV)
    • Maghda runs (Get as quickly 5 stacks of NV)
    • Zultan Kulle runs (5 stacks of NV) and optional followed up by Bellial.
    • Bellial runs(Get as quickly 5 stacks of NV)
    • Vase runs act 4, tier 1
    Thank you :pirate:
    I am having the same problem with act 3. Me and some friends have been doing runs of Zultan Kulle but not sure how effective it is. We start on the very last quest where you can go straight to the boss but we go into the dungeons (boss portal in the middle, dungeon on left, straight ahead and on the right) just to get our 5 stacks (we usually do the left and right dungeons but sometimes we can get all 5 in a single one) and then do Kulle, then we run through the next part and save the refugees (some nice gold for that part) and there is a champion pack just before belial to refresh our stacks and then kill Belial.
    im doing 5 stacks > kulle > belial currently. is pretty straight fast and it feels like the loot quality is relatively high.
    personally i didn't have any luck with butcher runs didn't even find stuff to sell on the ah besides 1 legandary in a barrel.
    Sorry for the noob question, but what are 5 stacks?
    Quote from fgh24

5 stacks of Nephalem Valor buff (lvl 60 only) grants you 75% Magic Find and 75% Gold Find. If you kill a boss with the buff on, it'll guarantee you at least 2 rare drops.
    Quote from Sikk

Quote from fgh24

5 stacks of Nephalem Valor buff (lvl 60 only) grants you 75% Magic Find and 75% Gold Find. If you kill a boss with the buff on, it'll guarantee you at least 2 rare drops.

oh ok, thank you
    how exactly does this work anyway. if equip 180% mf without 5x nv i sometimes dont get any rares if i have 5x nv and dont equip mf gear i always get 2 guaranteed?!
    Quote from Kerbaroth

how exactly does this work anyway. if equip 180% mf without 5x nv i sometimes dont get any rares if i have 5x nv and dont equip mf gear i always get 2 guaranteed?!

Nephalem Valor has a Bonus Effect on boss kills which guarantees rares if you have five stacks
    Quote from Kerbaroth

im doing 5 stacks > kulle > belial currently. is pretty straight fast and it feels like the loot quality is relatively high.
    personally i didn't have any luck with butcher runs didn't even find stuff to sell on the ah besides 1 legandary in a barrel.

This seems to be the best imo, thanks.

Thank you guys for all the suggestions, keep m coming and i'll make the list bigger.
    Quote from Kerbaroth

Which quest do you start from for this?
    Quote from FrozenSun

Quote from Kerbaroth

Ehmm I'm not sure let's see what Kerbaroth says =)
    Quote from Anayake

Quote from FrozenSun

Quote from Kerbaroth

Ehmm I'm not sure let's see what Kerbaroth says =)

I start from Act 2-8, Soulstone Chamber. That way you don't need to do any of the quest, just get your stacks and go Kulle.
    Starting from Kulle, building 5 stacks kill Kulle/Belial.
    Butcher runs were kind to me, got 3 greens i sold on AH for nice cash.- act 2 runs not so much yet.
    I either farm Hell with 300% gold find, or log on my demon hunter I leveled from 1 to 60 in 3 hours and then farm the Siegebreaker Inferno run (kiting in the open fields means there is literally not a single champ pack combo in the game that can kill you, out-distancing vortex and everything else is p. cool design) using blues that cost me together less than any item my monk has equipped.

What, me, bitter? No way!
    Quote from Zeriel

I either farm Hell with 300% gold find, or log on my demon hunter I leveled from 1 to 60 in 3 hours and then farm the Siegebreaker Inferno run (kiting in the open fields means there is literally not a single champ pack combo in the game that can kill you, out-distancing vortex and everything else is p. cool design) using blues that cost me together less than any item my monk has equipped.

What, me, bitter? No way!

This. 1 day leveling demon hunter. 3 days farming siegebreaker. Spend 25 million on gear for my monk. Still can't farm as efficient as the DH with no gear. <3

On topic: Kulle/Belial is definitely the best you can do before act 3. As soon as you are able to clear the cellars in act 3, start doing siege breaker runs.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes