Hell too difficult, maybe wrong stats?

Ive cleared nm so far, was hard but at the end all went okay

But when going in hell, i was just a nuppit, 1 shot by any champ pack...

So I wanna ask maybe im focussing on wrong stats

what should my hp/ armor be?
    and what stats should I be focussing in any of my items?
    You should start by naming the class you play.
    Generally when you get stuck you should try to get a better weapon and adjust your build. Probably not the case with inferno, as i'm at the end of hell myself
    I'm a monk, who soloed whole of NM without followers with no problems.

I got _butt_raped_ by the first champions at lvl 51.
    well im a monk, cuz its its in the monk section

but my weapon aint the problem....the damage isnt the problem

the problem is a champion is dead within 30-60 seconds, though it has killed me within 10 sec...what? within 3 sec...so cool that i have dmg...but i cant use it :D
    As a monk you really need to setup a defensive build. I had the exact same issue starting hell and looked over all my available abilities and runes and ended up with two heals, the healing mantra, and 3 dps abilities all runed defensively. That with defensive passive abilities made it considerably easier.

Keep in mind without decent gear you can't simply tank the rare mobs at this point. You'll have to run in and stun and do as much damage as you can without dying then start kiting. That's all you can do against some rare packs, especially the ones who counter you.

A huge benefit in terms of gear is to start acquiring physical resistance gear (primarily via the AH). The reason is two fold, one it helps to tank physical mobs, but you can also use it for bosses and magic mobs because of the passive ability that stacks all of your magic resistance to your current highest resistance. So physical resistance gear can make a huge difference in your survival.

Overall though, Hell is quite a step up from NM compared to NM from normal. Once you get the hang of it and get your skills setup the way you like you'll feel a lot better about it.
    All through norm+NM I used a Sweeping Wind cleave build that wrecked face, and it was fine, until about where you get to the Khazra blockade in hell. Then I started getting stunlocked and killed every time I'd face some champs.

So I changed up the build, I'm almost all survival now. Blind + Sanctuary, with Cyclone Strike spam (30 spirit cost rune for more disruption spam) with resolve, armour and spirit to heal passives. Concussion crip strike on left mouse and -25% damage tempest rush on right button for mobility, with circular breathing for healing/spirit regen. With this, as long as I don't stand in monster poo on the floor (plague, molten, desecration, fire chains, various monster effects) I can tank full packs in our 4-player game, alternating between blind, sanctuary, and heal between 3-hit concussives and cyclone strikes to keep the mobs tightly packed and doing little damage.

I'd recommend doing Hell in a duo. More then 2, mobs and effects really can insta-gib you if you're not careful, but solo you lack options (like splitting up Fire Chains groups to remove the effect) and the damage of a dedicated DPSer.
    Then you are playing incoreectly. Get better.
    A lot of Champions and Rare in Hell have Skills that are not survivable.
    You need to stand at the right spot and use defensive Spells a lot. Kite, Stun and don't forget the monk has spells that make him immune to damage for some time. Its hard but doable.
    Some attribate combinations can be insane.
    I'm a 58 monk currently on the Zoltan Kull part in Act 2 and I die A LOT. Act 1 was fine, but once I hit the later part of Act 2 it was like hitting a brick wall. I have about 50/50 Dex/Vita with 4.4k dps and this build http://eu.battle.net...gdiQ!dXV!YZacbc. I really don't consider myself a bad player, but even the normal mobs in later Act 2 have 60-70k HP and do insane amounts of damage for being normal mobs. Get a bad combination of affixes and you drop dead in seconds. Right now I'm not even trying to progress, I just try to hit 60 so I can get some gear because this is freaking rediculous.
    Its hell so its pretty much expectable even though I'm playing a Barbarian and this is not really the place for me to talk but hell difficulty is really gruesome the moment you enter it from NM, especially if your gear is from normal mode act 4 or nm act 1.

Though I should say another problem is the rng of how packs are set up, for example I came across an elite that had "Horde Molten Jailor" and I had to use Earthquake three times while having to die 3 times as well to down it.

...and if this is how will it scale for Hell-to-Inferno it will easily take me a month at the least to only clear Inferno with my Barbarian.

As others have suggested lean towards more defensive builds and use your resistance passive to your advantage.
    Quote from Kaoskadosk

I'm a 58 monk currently on the Zoltan Kull part in Act 2 and I die A LOT. Act 1 was fine, but once I hit the later part of Act 2 it was like hitting a brick wall. I have about 50/50 Dex/Vita with 4.4k dps and this build http://eu.battle.net...gdiQ!dXV!YZacbc. I really don't consider myself a bad player, but even the normal mobs in later Act 2 have 60-70k HP and do insane amounts of damage for being normal mobs. Get a bad combination of affixes and you drop dead in seconds. Right now I'm not even trying to progress, I just try to hit 60 so I can get some gear because this is freaking rediculous.

You can defeat them even with bad gear. 3 seconds of Serenity + 2 seconds of Seven Sidede Strike, while Sweeping Wind adds damage and run after that until the cooldowns of your spells are ready again. I defeated every harder Rare and Champion mob in Hell more or less with this strategy, even bosses can be defeated with it. I don't think it is possible to outgear them so hard that their damage is survivable. You need trick with Stun, Serenity, SS ec. If not in Hell then in Inferno for sure.
    Get better gear. Farm more. If you're in hell already you're steam rolling and need to farm more to get better gear.
    Quote from Senchean

I think what Senchean means is, that you should try to farm gear before advancing and maybe try out other skill combinations that focus a bit more on survivability.

Just in fewer words.
    Quote from Wingless

Quote from Senchean

I think what Senchean means is, that you should try to farm gear before advancing and maybe try out other skill combinations that focus a bit more on survivability.

Just in fewer words.

I beg to differ, he meant that the player is bad and that should aim to become more skilled ^_^
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes