Balanced Inferno Build.

I made this build while proving a point in another thread (a melee wizard will never be exactly as good as a monk or barbarian due to 30% DR). Anyway, the build turned out to be way better than I would have thought when I mixed it all together. I basicly had no experience of monk skill calculator before this.

Here's what I came up with:
    http://us.battle.net...bZXh!ZdU!cbcYbc

I'll keep it clean:

Offensive stats:
    - Way of a hundred fists as main damage output with extreme damage rune
    - 33% total increased damage (from breath and deadly)
    - Lashing Tail kick for stun and damage output
    - Dashing Strike runed down to 10 spirit to always be on the move
    - Backlash Rune - hard to tell how the damage will be due to "have a chance", but most likely strong.

Defensive stats:
    - Resolve will be the bread and butter of this build: This rune will in combination with Backlash basicly affect all enemies everytime we are in a pinch - more mobs = more dodge = more aoe = more resolve. If there are few mobs, there will be few enough targets to hit them all with woahf/kick/dash. Hence, all monsters will always have -25% damage output.
    - 33% dodge (mantra and guardian's path)
    - 30% DR for being monk
    - Breath of Light for heal
    - One with Everthing for easily obtaining maximum resistances.
    The total defensive stats will therefore be from skill build alone:
    Physical damage: 1-(0,67 (dodge) *0,75 (resolve)*0,70 (monk DR bonus)) = 65% damage reduction
    Elemental damage: With decent gear it should be close to, if not even, maxed out in every way due to One with Everything.

One could technically gather more dodge rate from runes, but I find it highely unlikely it will be worth getting more than 33% for build as there will probably be some sort of diminish or cap.

Conclusion:

As I see it, this is a harmonic balance between offensive stats, defensive stats and mobility.

Thoughts?
    Looks decent, only thing I don't really like about it is how you'll be switching between your third hit on spirit generators in order to keep your increased damage buff up. Mainly just a play style difference between you and I, as you seem to enjoy keeping buffs up. You're one of the first people I've seen post a build with "One with Everything", which I've never understood why people skipped. Since you've picked breath of heaven I assume you'll be doing mostly group play with this setup..one thing I've noticed playing beta is 12 yards is extremely short.

Here's the build I've been thinking about... I'm a little worred about my lack of single target damage and the reliability/runechoice of EP so feel free to make suggestions. Pacifism seems really good if monsters will CC often in later difficulties.. otherwise I'll either pick up trancendence or guardians path.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aWgVTk!ZeU!ZZaacc
    Quote from Mouchi

Looks decent, only thing I don't really like about it is how you'll be switching between your third hit on spirit generators in order to keep your increased damage buff up. Mainly just a play style difference between you and I, as you seem to enjoy keeping buffs up. You're one of the first people I've seen post a build with "One with Everything", which I've never understood why people skipped. Since you've picked breath of heaven I assume you'll be doing mostly group play with this setup..one thing I've noticed playing beta is 12 yards is extremely short.

Here's the build I've been thinking about... I'm a little worred about my lack of single target damage and the reliability/runechoice of EP so feel free to make suggestions. Pacifism seems really good if monsters will CC often in later difficulties.. otherwise I'll either pick up trancendence or guardians path.

http://us.battle.net...gVTk!ZeU!ZZaacc

Keeping more buffs up means using more potential. It might be "hard", but since diablo is such an easy game otherwise, it's perfect to spend you concentration on a strong rotation keeping all buffs up all the time. Raising the skill cap slighty ;)
    Quote from Sumsarr

Keeping more buffs up means using more potential. It might be "hard", but since diablo is such an easy game otherwise, it's perfect to spend you concentration on a strong rotation keeping all buffs up all the time. Raising the skill cap slighty ;)

Hehe .. inb4 "Diablo ez? w8 til u c inferno lol omg noob"

Personally love the idea of pushing yourself thou :)
    Quote from Wav1_d

Hehe .. inb4 "Diablo ez? w8 til u c inferno lol omg noob"

Personally love the idea of pushing yourself thou :)

Hahaha.

I think one should be careful about distiguishing a hard game from a time consuming one. Diablo takes a lot of time, but it's never hard. Either you got the build and gear strong enough to kill a boss or you don't. In that way, it's simple when playing PvE. It's not like Starcraft or Counter Strike, both games which requires an actual skill and not in-game items.

Anyway, let's stick to topic (I can see this thread going out of track in a close future otherwise)!
    Quote from Sumsarr

Quote from Mouchi

Here's the build I've been thinking about... I'm a little worred about my lack of single target damage and the reliability/runechoice of EP so feel free to make suggestions. Pacifism seems really good if monsters will CC often in later difficulties.. otherwise I'll either pick up trancendence or guardians path.I

http://us.battle.net...gVTk!ZeU!ZZaacc

It's not so much that keeping buffs up is "hard", it's just not very fun for me. Generally when I'm playing diablo I'm usually anything but concentrated, especially when mfing; I like to just listen to music and kill. While your build has a lot more potential damage, I just see myself zoning out and not refreshing buffs as quickly as I should, creating a damage loss rather than gain.
    Quote from Mouchi

It's not so much that keeping buffs up is "hard", it's just not very fun for me. Generally when I'm playing diablo I'm usually anything but concentrated, especially when mfing; I like to just listen to music and kill. While your build has a lot more potential damage, I just see myself zoning out and not refreshing buffs as quickly as I should, creating a damage loss rather than gain.

It might not be hard per se, but it makes things more difficult. You said it yourself: you tend to "zone" out and forget about buffs. In my book, that means it's harder than playing normally. If it wasn't you wouldn't have any problem doing it. More multitasking is generally harder.

I for one like juggling more than one ball at a time. Multitasking is gold. If I can push myself to not lose myself in monotone work/playstyle I'll be more than satisfied.
    Quote from Sumsarr

It might not be hard per se, but it makes things more difficult. You said it yourself: you tend to "zone" out and forget about buffs. In my book, that means it's harder than playing normally. If it wasn't you wouldn't have any problem doing it. More multitasking is generally harder.

I for one like juggling more than one ball at a time. Multitasking is gold. If I can push myself to not lose myself in monotone work/playstyle I'll be more than satisfied.

While you and I may have differences in opinion on what you consider difficulty, or I tedious, I must admit I've made a huge mistake in my first assumption of your build. I'm quite embarassed actually to have looked at the talent calculator so many times and not notice my mistake. I've always assumed Blazing Wrath (rune for breath of heaven) only lasted 15 seconds, basically requiring the skill to be spammed on cooldown to ensure maximum uptime. Because of this, which I should have made more clear in my original comment, I figured you'd be using BoH almost exclusively as a damage buff with the chance to heal; making the skill itself seem less "fun" and more of a chore. However, because it actually lasts 45 seconds I'm much more indifferent about your build and buff "juggling" since you can still use BoH for it's primary purpose.

I'm actually considering swapping serenity for BoH now because of this major oversight on my part. Somehow through disagreement you've managed to shed light on something I probably never would have considered. :)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes