AoE / Single Target DPS Monkadin
Softcore, Normal - Hell (i think not enough defense for Inferno, too risky for HC)
I like it because it isn't very complicated, gives a lot of damage for both AoE and Single targets.
You are also making life easier for you, and your party members, with your mantra that increases damage.
It doesnt involve long cooldown skills which i dont like, and has some self heal.
-Has good AoE, and some Single Target DPS
-3 Types of damage, (Holy, Fire, Physical - usefull with Immune monsters)
-increased IAS for you (bigger spirit gain, more dps, more healing due Transcendence)
-passive Self Heal (Gaining life per spirit spend)
-can pull victims close with Cyclone Strike (34 yard range)
-occasional teleport around battlefield combined with single target nuke, to pick those long range shooters
-decreases mobs damage (% damage decrease is more reliable than evasion)
-you dont have to stack all types of resistances
Explanation and usage of skills and rotations:
1. Find group of enemies
2. Use Cyclone strike to get them all close
3. Use Exploding palm and Way of Hundred Fists comb (W,W,E Combo) to increase attack speed and inflict DoT's
4. Activate Mantra to get 50% damage buff
5. Spam Lashing Tail Kick into group of mobs, till they die, and explode dealing additional damage to nearby mobs...
6. Get some spirit and return to point #1
Single Target Situation:
1. Find alone enemy (boss, rare monster which survived AoE Combo)
2. Activate Mantra to get 50% damage buff, (also use before every SSS, or when full spirit for additional DPS)
3. Use 7Sided Strike (SSS), to deal some nice DPS on start
4. use WWE Combo to increase attack speed and place DoT on target, while dealing damage
5. use SSS while cooldown is off.
You have to be somewhat carefull, this build is about giving damage, not taking a lot of it.
Your best stat in itemization will be surely Increased Attack Speed. Your attacks already hit for a lot
when you use 2Handers, but you will need more spirit generation.