Anyone else think Monk bell skill is lame?

Anyone think that this spell is kind of dumb looking?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_Z7mTfLV5g

At 1:35
    Yes, but a lot of the skills are silly, we are just going to have to get over it XD, or hope they change them ?
    I think it's awesome, it looks really unique and fits perfectly with the monk even though it's a pretty standard sort of ability.
    Couldn't really see it because of the bad quality, but from what i sense it seems pretty immense / huge... Takes up a lot of screen space. Think they'll have to reduce the size in order for it to work properly in multiplayer, where a lot of pixels are on the screen.
    I dont like the fact they have alot of silly skills, although I wont be using them.
    www.myspace.com/mpotatoes for all your Trans Siberian Orchestra listening pleasure
    If you want to arrange it
    This world you can change it
    If we could somehow make this
    Christmas thing last

By helping a neighbor
    Or even a stranger
    And to know who needs help
    You need only just ask

The bell isn't really that large, and it's gone fairly quickly, I doubt it will be scaled down. It's hard to see the skill clearly in the small video resolution, but I imagine you guys won't be whining about it after the game comes out ;)

Or maybe you will.
    I personally thought the spell was awesome and fit in well with the Monk and the Diablo 3 universe
    I like it.
    I thought it seemed a bit silly.

Make it a cowbell.
    I love this skill. Imagine the devastation it's gonna bring if you use it on multitude of enemies and we still haven't seen the rune effects for it which without a doubt are gonna be awesome. It also looks like a damn nice skill to use against bosses. So, yeah, this skill gets +1 from me.
    Hurling a bell at demons? I don't get it.
    :monk: /facepalm
    Monk > Wizard > Barbarian > Demon Hunter > Witch Doctor
    Quote from Scottehs

Exactly, its odd, along with about a dozen other skills.
    but is it balanced?, is it fun? is it effective? thats what is really important ^_^
    Quote from paroxysm2010

Quote from Scottehs

Exactly, its odd, along with about a dozen other skills.
    but is it balanced?, is it fun? is it effective? thats what is really important ^_^

Unless it says "needs moar cowbell" when you cast it, it won't be fun.
    :monk: /facepalm
    Monk > Wizard > Barbarian > Demon Hunter > Witch Doctor
    http://www.diablowiki.net/Wave_of_Light

The skill is not the bell as its normal version. That is a rune affect according to the wiki.

This skill is best known for one of its rune effects, in which the Monk summons a large mystical bell, which he then strikes with his fist. The bell, charged with holy energy, smashes into and through enemies in a straight line. This was demonstrated in a Blizzcon panel, while the actual skill has not yet been properly seen.

Otherwise this is what it does.

The Monk emits a rolling wave of Holy fire that scorches enemies in its path.
    Quote from peign

http://www.diablowiki.net/Wave_of_Light

The skill is not the bell as its normal version. That is a rune affect according to the wiki.

This skill is best known for one of its rune effects, in which the Monk summons a large mystical bell, which he then strikes with his fist. The bell, charged with holy energy, smashes into and through enemies in a straight line. This was demonstrated in a Blizzcon panel, while the actual skill has not yet been properly seen.

Otherwise this is what it does.

The Monk emits a rolling wave of Holy fire that scorches enemies in its path.

I've watched that panel a few times, there's no implication that the bell is one of the rune effects. All he says is "this is Wave of Light, it summons a large mystical bell that is then launched at the enemy" or something like that.

They were demonstrating some new skills for each class, and none of the other skills were runed either. That wiki is speculating that it's a rune effect, and there's no evidence it's speculation is correct.

The skill descriptions we have are only based on what people read from skill descriptions at demos, and are by no means guaranteed to be up-to-date, especially when most of the skills they describe weren't usable at the time.
    Fingers crossed the wiki is right. I'm not against the bell at all I like it but not everyone feels that way. From what we were shown of other rune effect it seems very feasible.
    Quote from peign

Fingers crossed the wiki is right. I'm not against the bell at all I like it but not everyone feels that way. From what we were shown of other rune effect it seems very feasible.

I wouldn't worry. I'm 99% sure that the bell is the normal ability, but I would not be surprised at all if one or more of the runes changed it to something else. So everyone will get what they want, most likely.
    It looks ok. Could be better... could be worse...
    Quote from Wingless

I thought it seemed a bit silly.

Make it a cowbell.

I'd be down for a holy cowbell.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes