Demon Hunter DPS Calculator

Quote from Dretar

Quote from Survey_Says

First, great spreadsheet, I am using it all the time. One question I have is how do you enter items that show for example "+13-26 Damage"?

The numbers were matching up with my in game damage exactly until I upgraded my neck from one with "+15 Minimum Dmg" to "+13-26 Damage".

The closest I can get to syncing the game and spreadsheet is to put 48 as the min or max damage on the neck item (but obviously I would not have known that before I bought it).

Simply put up + 13 minimum damage and +26 maximum damage and it should work precisely.

Models me down to 100% accuracy, with a 20-42 dmg necck this way :).
    Version 1.1 uploaded

Changelog:
    - Added a second sheet allowing to calculate DPS while Dual-Wielding.
    Note: Please mind that it is not 100% accurate (more like 99,9% from my tests), unfortunately after some investigation I am not aware of the source of the issue. However the range of error is so small it should not impact the decision process.

See main post for details.
    Demon Hunter DPS calculator - http://www.diablofan...dps-calculator/
    Quote from Pilmou

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. I'd give you a medal if I could!

Agreed. I started working on my own and quit about an hour in with frustration. Thank you for your help.
    Quote from Dretar

Quote from Survey_Says

First, great spreadsheet, I am using it all the time. One question I have is how do you enter items that show for example "+13-26 Damage"?

The numbers were matching up with my in game damage exactly until I upgraded my neck from one with "+15 Minimum Dmg" to "+13-26 Damage".

The closest I can get to syncing the game and spreadsheet is to put 48 as the min or max damage on the neck item (but obviously I would not have known that before I bought it).

Simply put up + 13 minimum damage and +26 maximum damage and it should work precisely.

Thank you but I did try that first and it does not work. DPS is off by about 668.

Neck 1 - 45% Crit Dmg, +15 min dmg, 113 Dex
    Neck 2 - 47% Crit Dmg, +13-26 Dmg, 123 Dex

I'll send you a private message with a screenshot.
    Ok, Survey_Says, lets discuss that in PMs or in game.
    Quote from Dretar

Ok, Survey_Says, lets discuss that in PMs or in game.

Thanks Dretar for taking the time to help with this issue. The neck in question simply appears to be bugged and reports +22-26 dmg even though the display shows +13-26 dmg.

Dretar and I tested with other +dmg necks and the spreadsheet calculated the damage correctly with all of them.
    Not editable on my office PC ): My office doesn't use MS Office, using Kingsoft Office instead xD. Can't get it to work on Google Docs too. Does this work on OpenOffice?

Not editable on my office PC ): My office doesn't use MS Office, using Kingsoft Office instead xD. Can't get it to work on Google Docs too. Does this work on OpenOffice?

I believe it should work on OpenOffice but well it also works on Google Docs when i upload it there. I've uploaded it as a file instead since Google Docs does not allow some of the function that Ms Office does, like locking cells from accidental change or forcing a specific entry into a cell.

But anyway, I've sent you a PM with a link to a Google Docs version. Try that out or go with OpenOffice.
    Thanks for the awesome work, Dretar!

One thing, however. It's not a big deal, since the table does it's job at helping with upgrade decisions - just wanted to let you know.

I'm having a slight difference between the spreadsheet and in-game numbers (file shows 78828.17dps, in-game 79212.32 ~400 dps difference). I'm trying to figure out if I made some mistake while filling out the table and got another bug (?). Spreadsheet shows me having 0 dps naked while the game shows me having 12.91 dps. Though having just a 2h crossbow shows 8065.45 dps (file) and 8065.14 (in-game).

Like I said - it's not a big deal but you might have some minor bugs. :)
    I'd assume that's an error on your part, as so far the only other person who has had an "error" in their DPS turns out to have had a bugged item. 400 dps sounds like you put in 1% atk speed or 1% crit too little, depending on where your gear is at :P.
    Quote from Rhogog

Thanks for the awesome work, Dretar!

One thing, however. It's not a big deal, since the table does it's job at helping with upgrade decisions - just wanted to let you know.

I'm having a slight difference between the spreadsheet and in-game numbers (file shows 78828.17dps, in-game 79212.32 ~400 dps difference). I'm trying to figure out if I made some mistake while filling out the table and got another bug (?). Spreadsheet shows me having 0 dps naked while the game shows me having 12.91 dps. Though having just a 2h crossbow shows 8065.45 dps (file) and 8065.14 (in-game).

Like I said - it's not a big deal but you might have some minor bugs. :)

About the dps difference, I would need a screenshot of the filled spreadsheet and of your gear to check out what's the issue,
    About being naked.. Well the game has some kind of damage when hitting with fists. I skipped that because that's not the purpose to calculate damage while being naked.

Another thing that is worth mentioning is that the spreadsheet assumes you are level 60 (the base dexterity level) so when using it for any other level the results will be overstated in the spreadsheet.
    Quote from Draco_Draco

I'd assume that's an error on your part, as so far the only other person who has had an "error" in their DPS turns out to have had a bugged item. 400 dps sounds like you put in 1% atk speed or 1% crit too little, depending on where your gear is at :P.

double-checked that while typing my original post. Either I have a bugged gear (1% extra in something) or there's an error in the file.
    Quote from Dretar

About the dps difference, I would need a screenshot of the filled spreadsheet and of your gear to check out what's the issue,
    About being naked.. Well the game has some kind of damage when hitting with fists. I skipped that because that's not the purpose to calculate damage while being naked.

Another thing that is worth mentioning is that the spreadsheet assumes you are level 60 (the base dexterity level) so when using it for any other level the results will be overstated in the spreadsheet.

I'm level 60. Can't send you details right now because I'm at work for the next 10+ hours. Note, that a really tiny difference starts occurring when I'm comparing dps with just my crossbow on. That might be the start of the difference growing with all the dex, ias%, cc% and cd% Forgot to mention that my crossbow has something like +37% (don't remember the exact number) damage stat but I assume that's already included in the initial min-max damage. Oh, and I was using your v.1.02.

[Edit] On second thought, the part about crossbow-only tiny difference is bullshit, as the table shows a higher number than the game in contrast to the final difference where the table ends up showing lower value than the game. Nevermind.
    Quote from Rhogog

Quote from Draco_Draco

double-checked that while typing my original post. Either I have a bugged gear (1% extra in something) or there's an error in the file.
    Quote from Dretar

I'm level 60. Can't send you details right now because I'm at work for the next 10+ hours. Note, that a really tiny difference starts occurring when I'm comparing dps with just my crossbow on. That might be the start of the difference growing with all the dex, ias%, cc% and cd% Forgot to mention that my crossbow has something like +37% (don't remember the exact number) damage stat but I assume that's already included in the initial min-max damage. Oh, and I was using your v.1.02.

Let's get back to it when you're home. Ill send you over a friend-invite. I'm playing the European realm as I suppose You do judging by Your working hours.
    Rapidshare link does not work for me. I either get an error when I go to Rapidshare or when downloading the link directly it only save verys small blank excel file.
    I think there is a problem with variant 1 and 2. I put exactly the same data in both tables and it churned out the same DPS (Perfect), but then I put value of 15% IAS in both variant 1 and variant 2 right hand weapon and now the dps for the variants different? Seems like the forumula is bugged for IAS Right weapon for variant 1 and 2.

Another thing was base crit. I am not sure if this is made for 2h-Xbows, because when I was logging the information for crit damage it was always falling short by 50% in then end. For example my bow has 145% which gives me a total of 245% (in game) but when looking to the right to compare my stats to ingame and the table it was showing 195%. I guess 2H give an extra 50%?

I did not see an option for Crit Chance for Quivers, but that's really not a big deal.

I also see that weapons are tied in at 1.6APS, but my 2h only does 1.2APS.

I'm not sure if its me, but for some reason after entering all my data(The gear stats are correct from in game and the table) My final dps is way off for both when sharp shooter is on and off. For example it keeps showing with SS 74k, but in game mines at 114k and without SS 30k and in game its 60k.

Besides that its really great! Really appreciate all the work you have done. :Thumbs Up:
    Quote from Cynestro

I think there is a problem with variant 1 and 2. I put exactly the same data in both tables and it churned out the same DPS (Perfect), but then I put value of 15% IAS in both variant 1 and variant 2 right hand weapon and now the dps for the variants different? Seems like the forumula is bugged for IAS Right weapon for variant 1 and 2.

Another thing was base crit. I am not sure if this is made for 2h-Xbows, because when I was logging the information for crit damage it was always falling short by 50% in then end. For example my bow has 145% which gives me a total of 245% (in game) but when looking to the right to compare my stats to ingame and the table it was showing 195%. I guess 2H give an extra 50%?

I did not see an option for Crit Chance for Quivers, but that's really not a big deal.

I also see that weapons are tied in at 1.6APS, but my 2h only does 1.2APS.

Besides that its really great! :Thumbs Up:

Indeed variant 2 had a little mistake with weapon IAS in the dual-wielding setup. fixed in 1.11.

If you are using a single-wield calculation use the single-wield spreadsheet. Because the dual wield automatically assumes that you do 1.6 each because you can only dual wield hand crossbows that are 1.6 each (OK I ommited the starting one that has 1.2).

If you use the single-wield spreadsheet there is an option for Offhand to put crit chance.

The 50% crit bonus you speak of is the Archery bonus for wielding a crossbow. You must input the correct Weapon Type in order for Attack speed and archery work correctly. and since you cannot dual wield crossbows, please refer to the single-wield spreadsheet and Choose Crossbow from the weapon type scroll-down list.
    Not sure why it downloaded 1.1 :facepalm: , but I just downloaded 1.11 and it looks great!

For some reason in Variant 1 Final DPS SS is #####, is the value too high?, but on variant 2 it works perfect and is showing the correct value.
    See
    Quote from Cynestro

Not sure why it downloaded 1.1 :facepalm: , but I just downloaded 1.11 and it looks great!

For some reason in Variant 1 Final DPS SS is #####, is the value too high?, but on variant 2 it works perfect and is showing the correct value.

See post #4

"### means in Excel that the column is too narrow to present the figure. "

Widen it and it'll be fine.
    thanks for making this spreadsheet!!

possible to upload to mediafire?

cant download from rapidshare.
    Quote from qwaszx

thanks for making this spreadsheet!!

possible to upload to mediafire?

cant download from rapidshare.

I've sent you a pm with an alternate link.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes