Demon Hunter DPS Calculator

Quote from Dretar

Quote from Fye

DPS value is still off by ~2000 with the current calculation of Elemental Damage

A question first. Have you read the instruction i posted in the main post?

Because:
    1) You did not input the Min elemental dmg from your weapon.
    2) (Also you mistyped the max dmg from your weapon - 1222 instead of 1221 (but since the weapon has +X% dmg it might be showing different values in profile screen and char screen sometimes).

After proper data entry the error is of 23 DPS, which results from +30% dmg bonus on your weapon (rounding).

So PLEASE do not say that the spreadsheet is bugged when, simply You make a mistake.

I am starting to get tired of that. :( :QQ:

Cool, thanks for the help. Really appreciate it. I didn't know that I was supposed to type in my Weapon's Min Elemental Dmg in that box. Thought it was just some random mubo jumbo that my gear didn't have and left it blank, sorry.
    so i did this and my diablo sheet shows about 3,000 lower than the one showed in the excel. Dex, crits, and crit chance add up. Do you have any suggestions?
    Quote from jng5621

so i did this and my diablo sheet shows about 3,000 lower than the one showed in the excel. Dex, crits, and crit chance add up. Do you have any suggestions?

Please send me the screenshots of your gear and your stats in game with and without sharpshooter maxed and the filled in spreadsheet (protected version). I'll check that out.

[email protected]

EDIT: Still waiting.

EDIT2: Obviously You do not care enough to spend 1 minute to send me the files so I can find Your error. Won't waste any of my time finding user made errors or typos.
    Demon Hunter DPS calculator - http://www.diablofan...dps-calculator/

Its working perfect. Thanks dude.
    ATTACHMENTS
    • dpscalc
    I am sick of those posts and emails that the spreadsheet is wrong.

It is simply sad, that when one tries to do something for the community he gets insulted with "Your calculations are wrong" or "As others said, the spreadsheet is wrong", while it is a user made error, resulting from not reading the FAQ and instructions provided in the opening post.

Either You provide a thorough bug report stating where is a mistake or It is Your mistake that there is an error, because formulas do not change, so if they work for 10 people, it will work for You unless YOU make a mistake.
    Quote from Dretar

It is simply sad, that when one tries to do something for the community he gets insulted with "Your calculations are wrong" or "As others said, the spreadsheet is wrong", while it is a user made error, resulting from not reading the FAQ and instructions provided in the opening post.

Either You provide a thorough bug report stating where is a mistake or It is Your mistake that there is an error, because formulas do not change, so if they work for 10 people, it will work for You unless YOU make a mistake.

+1 People please read the FAQ, it will cause a LOT less grief from people spamming the OP.
    Quote from Dretar

Don't sweat it... there are a lot of us that appreciate the work that you put in and all your help. This is a forum, you don't expect people to actually READ instructions, do you?
    sorry zealot was out of town for couple days ill send you the screen shot of my gear can you send you post ur email address thanks man
    actually i am only off by 500, i can live with that, but is the error suppose to be that much?
    Hey Dretar,

Thanks for all the hard work and dedication to creating the spreadsheet you did a fantastic job! Cheers!

I just had a question..What is you're opinion on the best hunter gear for Inferno Act 3/4. I've heard its Pure Glass Cannon (No Regards for AR) and I've also heard that it can't be done effectively without using AR Gear. I would greatly appreciate you're opinion on the matter.
    Quote from jng5621

actually i am only off by 500, i can live with that, but is the error suppose to be that much?

So first 3000 now 500? Guess you corrected the mistake you've made. Go on, read the instruction.

500 does not tell me anything really, is that 50% or 5% or 0,05% of your dps?

Anyway i see that u've sent that mail, but lacking a char screen so how can i know what are ur stats, dps with ss, dps without ss, passives, etc etc ?

Just a reminder. Things are there, just gotta read.

Quote from Dretar

Please send me the screenshots of your gear and your stats in game with and without sharpshooter maxed and the filled in spreadsheet (protected version). I'll check that out.

[email protected]

EDIT: Added Q10 in the FAQ with an instruction how to find user made mistakes in the spreadsheet. (Now.. only if anyone reads the FAQ)...

Quote from BlackMamba24

Hey Dretar,

Thanks for all the hard work and dedication to creating the spreadsheet you did a fantastic job! Cheers!

I just had a question..What is you're opinion on the best hunter gear for Inferno Act 3/4. I've heard its Pure Glass Cannon (No Regards for AR) and I've also heard that it can't be done effectively without using AR Gear. I would greatly appreciate you're opinion on the matter.

I've always gone for a balanced gear, some AR, some DPS (and after i killed diablo on inferno) some MF. It might not be the most effective option, but at least i play comfortably with a "not bad" killing speed across all acts with lots of MF on me.

Pure Glass cannon was "the way" (fashionable, recommended by most) untill patch 1.03, afterwards many switch to gloom tanks, but well things change very fast so Its up to You to decide how You want to play the game, because u have many possibilities, so no need to read and read.. just figure Your own way and have fun doing it.
    Hi, i have put in everything correctly. However, my weapon has a 34% damage.

The weapon DPS has a difference of 0.25, and my critical hit damage % after gear has a difference of 50%.

My final DPS with sharpshooter has a difference of 13.42.

Is that too small a difference?

I have no idea what went wrong, cos I remember very clearly that I have keyed in this weapon before and the figures came out perfect to the two decimal places.

I am using a crossbow, min dmg is 767, max dmg is 1016. crit hit damage is 70% and there is an additional 34% damage (which I know I am not supposed to key in anywhere).

But if the 13.42 DPS difference is negligible, then it is ok. I am just fustrated at the difference.
    Quote from Imbiah

Hi, i have put in everything correctly. However, my weapon has a 34% damage.

The weapon DPS has a difference of 0.25, and my critical hit damage % after gear has a difference of 50%.

My final DPS with sharpshooter has a difference of 13.42.

Is that too small a difference?

I have no idea what went wrong, cos I remember very clearly that I have keyed in this weapon before and the figures came out perfect to the two decimal places.

I am using a crossbow, min dmg is 767, max dmg is 1016. crit hit damage is 70% and there is an additional 34% damage (which I know I am not supposed to key in anywhere).

But if the 13.42 DPS difference is negligible, then it is ok. I am just fustrated at the difference.

Most likely it's the rounding error, but if you're so much frustrated with it, then check the instruction to check for errors in the main post and go ahead check if you made any errors.

EDIT: That error of 50% crit dmg... Is an error because you look at the wrong cell.. Look at the "Crit dmg after passives", which is increased by 50% due to archery passive and using a crossbow...
    Update 1.63 is up.

Some minor fixes not changing the calculations.
    There seems to be a problem with the IAS "change of 1" cell; in both the protected and unprotected versions of the spreadsheet, it keeps showing a negative number -- even before any changes are made.
    Quote from Jatku

There seems to be a problem with the IAS "change of 1" cell; in both the protected and unprotected versions of the spreadsheet, it keeps showing a negative number -- even before any changes are made.

That should be fixed in 1.63
    I just logged on to the Americas realm, and noticed i am totally spammed with friend requests concerning the DPS sheet.

I'm sorry to all that i did not respond to You, but as you can see in my Location info just under my avatar it says Poland :) Which is in Europe :).

If you still have questions, please pop in to the EU realm when you're online and we can talk :)
    Thanks for your awesome job! Really appreciated man!
    Update 1.64 is up.

- A new 4-th sheet has been added which allows to calculate the min/max weapon dmg more accurately (in case of weapons with +X% dmg bonus) - works only for SW atm.

EDIT - must have been sleeping while writing the update notes. Funny language.
    Quote from Dretar

Update 1.64 is up.

- A new 4-th sheet has been added which allows to calculate the min/max weapon dmg more accurately (in case of weapons with +X% dmg bonus), which allows to calculate weapon dps and character dps more accurately - works only for SW atm.

Great job... as always. Thanks for all the work that you've put into this.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes