Inna's favor vs The witching hour

As the title says,
    I'm curious why every top DH is going for the witching hour instead of inna's favor.
    I did a test myself, and I'm a bit surprised.
    With my inna's favor I have 296k dps buffed. I payed for it around 60m.
    I asked a friend of mine to borrow me his witching hour with 190 dex and 48 crit dmg, which he payed for 1.7 bill, and I got 300.2k dps.
    I really don't get it, the 4k dps increase is a good reason to spent 25 times more gold on a belt?
    Am I missing something?
    A lot of people think innas belt only works well with black damage weapons and don't think about the dex bonus since it isn't shown when comparing in chat. Another reason would be that it's easier to get your Manticore sped up with a WH. And of course when you play with innas armor you get the dex bonus without having to use the belt.
    if you don't have a black weapon, chances are you're missing out on a significant portion of the 7-8% holy damage. Most "non black" weapons are 50%+ elemental damage so your 7-8% holy damage is actually 3-4% damage or less. The real kicker is the difference between straight damage and attack speed/crit and that's a question you'll have to answer for your self.

If you're attacking monsters with high HP, the crit damage and attack speed with average out over time and result in a clearer dps bonus.

If you're just clearing trash, a most consistent damage number from Inna's may be a bigger difference for you.

And to answer the OP question, yes, sometimes 4k DPS upgrade can cost millions if not more. You'll get to that point if you're not there already. Don't forget too that the IAS and crit damage will scale more with your CC and abilities that proc from hits than the straight holy damage, so while that witching hour may only be a 4k increase now, if you increase your CC down the road you could benefit from more than a 4k increase.
    JKlimek is right about everything he said. However, he forgets to mention an important point - inna's belt is much easier to build your EHP with since you can easily find one with decent vit or all res. That coupled with the extra dps and dodge from the dex set bonus (if you're not using 2 piece inna's already) makes inna a viable survivability increase at a small dps decrease from a witching hour. At a much more affordable price.
    When you reach the higher DPS (~250+ unbuffed) you'll be glad you went with the Witching Hour. It scales much better than Inna's does (mentioned above). Regarding using Inna's Chest to get the bonus-you get the same bonus with Nat's 3pc bonus and you can get a skill % increase, which also scales (Spike Traps, Grenades, etc.). I'm aware of the higher Vitality potential of Inna's chest and the melee % reduction- I'm presenting a higher DPS potential. We aren't invited to groups to tank; we're invited to blow stuff up. If you can't live then you have to address either your play style or your gear (or both).
    Conform or be cast out.

My Demon Hunter: http://tinyurl.com/anufqzj

Demon Hunter spreadsheet by Dretar http://www.diablofans.com/topic/46517-demon-hunter-dps-calculator/
    tnx for all the replies
    http://us.battle.net...2/hero/29787694

for under 50m I'll definitely go for Inna Favor
    Enjoying my Monk DH Barb and Wizzard
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/I82-6462/
    Quote from Analogkid

When you reach the higher DPS (~250+ unbuffed) you'll be glad you went with the Witching Hour. It scales much better than Inna's does (mentioned above). Regarding using Inna's Chest to get the bonus-you get the same bonus with Nat's 3pc bonus and you can get a skill % increase, which also scales (Spike Traps, Grenades, etc.). I'm aware of the higher Vitality potential of Inna's chest and the melee % reduction- I'm presenting a higher DPS potential. We aren't invited to groups to tank; we're invited to blow stuff up. If you can't live then you have to address either your play style or your gear (or both).

I meant you can get both dex set bonuses. Wich makes the dps gain from witching hour smaller.

Also, if you're playing a strafe build, inna's will be the superior choice since AS contributes to wasting hatred faster.

As for playing a tanky build.. That wasn't exactly what I meant when I said inna's was a superior ehp choice (thought it def can be understood like that because it is true :P). It was more in line with what you said, that if you need EHP, it's a gearing choice.
    Quote from Analogkid

I reached 267k dps unbuffed, and I did the test again. It's now 5100 dps increase.
    I still don't find that spending 1.7 bill to get 2% more dps is justified.
    I would rather spend that kind of money on a better manticore, that would give me a much bigger dps boost
    Your DH is awesome now :P
    yeah, but I invested a lot of gold in it, and spent about 1000 demonic essences crafting the effin amulets and bracers :-)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes