Paragon leveling DH. 135m exp/hour!!!

Since 1.0.7 hits. I could say DH could be one of the slowest class to farm high MP efficiently due to lack of crowd control skill base & as long as efficient AOE dps. So farming high MPs are a pain in the ass.

To utilise the exp bonus MP10 provides on 1.0.7.
    Here's a simple run that nets whooping exp. similar to a barb run.

Skills are as follow :
    -Shadow power(Gloom)
    -Marked for death(Valley of death)
    -Spike traps(Echoing blast)
    -Grenades(Cluster grenades)
    -Vault(Tumble)
    -Preparation(Backup plan)

Passives:
    -Nightstalker
    -Perfectionist
    -Tactical Advantage

MP10 :
    1.Portal to Tower of the Cursed level 1.
    2.Head up to Arreat Crater Level 2.
    3.Skip all elites and thrash mobs.
    4.Kill all white scorpions through the map.
    5.Rinse and repeat.

Tips :
    -you nid at least some minimum gear to do so.
    -Calamity + Shield works great on this
    -if u ever die or stuck due to large amount of mobs tailing u , you could 1.Reset the run or 2. Enter through the other portal/checkpoint and come from the other side of the map to clear the remaining mobs.

I net around 5~12m of exp per run(2~4mins)
    hope this helps fellow DH level their paragon at higher levels!

My profile: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/seVz-1409/

Is there a reason you choose Crater lvl 2, or can lvl 1 do the same job?
    Seems nice I will try this out soon, I was experimenting with Leoric Manor's staircase crowd in the past days, but that only netted me around 60-70 mil xp/hour.
    Thanks for the sharing :)
    Quote from Muloner

Is there a reason you choose Crater lvl 2, or can lvl 1 do the same job?

AC2 has the highest density of those Scorpions (Stygian Crawlers? Or whatever is their name), which have the lowest HP and thus are the easiest to kill among all Act 3 mobs - not to mention that they always come in packs which makes them so absurdly easy to nuke down with some AoE. It's quite possible to do something similiar in AC1, but there're just fewer Crawlers and nothing that'd make up for the loss, which ultimately results in worse exp and loot. If you are capable of running through MP10 and aren't dying every second run, then Crate 2 is the place to go if you're after some nice exp.
    Is 4s nat bonus required ?

this is my current setup, not wearing gloves at the moment, they're on my wizz atm, going to try this out when i get home from work
    Regards DreamWalker

Donnie: Why are you wearing that stupid bunny suit?
    Frank: Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    I tried this out but I wouldn't recommend it without an extremely high dps while still being able to survive. With around 350-400 all resistance and 200k dps it was a pain in the butt to try and get past the elite packs etc. without getting shot down and if I upped my resistances to 600ish, the dps loss of almost 100k caused the scorpions to die way too slow. At best I was able to hit around 50mil xp/hour (by tweaking around with MP8-10) and even then the eventual deaths slowed it down even further.

I'd say the bare minimum requirements for running this on MP10 would be around 550AR, 5000 armor, 50k+ hp and 200k dps. Any less than that and you'll probably be dieing too much or killing too slow.

This isn't really criticism as I think the setup is excellent for xp, just a heads up for others to not spend gold on gear if they won't reach the needed stats, like I did :facepalm:
    x'ing my fingers, hope i'm able to do it :)
    Regards DreamWalker

Moved to the DH forums.
    U guys could view the gear needed for this sort of farm , at the bottom of the post i posted by profile

the 4 set nat bonus aint necessary :)
    kewl, should be doable then, cmon time ! Speed up plz!

Never speeds up when i'm at work, only in the weekends and my sparetime when i'm having fun! :(
    Regards DreamWalker

Tried this out a bit, died too much on mp10, bought a cheap mempo (750k ) and did it again, easy as cake, and the xp is awesome, actually, im able to do several things on high mp now, thanks to the build <3

I changed a rune in preparation, to be able to nuke harder/more. Changed it from backup plan to punishment. Imo works better.
    Regards DreamWalker

Good job on the build, its great to see that wer almost as good as the other classes as dh, only like 30%less xp with only 10times more expensive gear(which is expensive since monks are good but we actually need more defensvie stats then the melee class):)
    but we are the fastest on MP0 , hurray !!

+ you have to have really really really nice gear to go with calamity + shield (DML incl.), to do this runs under 4mins (as stated in the first post)
    U mean we are the fastest on mp0 with legacy nat for 6b do u? :D

I dont see a dh outrunning a tr monk with 10%movement passive onehitting everything including elites on mp0, up to mp5:)
    The fact alone that our traps need those 1second to trigger makes the monk faster.

I wont mention the strain on the fingers since we have to change our attack all the time and release it to move...its no competition, even if i put 1b into gear i calculated that it wouldnt beat my tr monk with 100m worth of stuff.

Of course dh is more fun then tr on low mp but im hesitating to put money into dh only items except the calamity i have (and enjoy:D) and some cheap to me nat cloak.
    On high mp dh and monk as well as wizzard feels the same :(

Fact is, that the stuff u show and the numbers are no realistic to most of the players, on the other hand the 150m/175m monk and barb and i bet wizzy too videos can be done with below 500m on gear.
    I really enjoy playing dh but its getting me frustrated to die to god damn fireballs (with mempo, the fire dmg on andys doesnt change it though) on mp3, having 400ar and 48k life.

Its getting worse on AC2, those spear guys really hurt unless ofc we use gloom but we cant use gloom all the time since we wont kill every shitty group but the scorpions if we want good exp and in the end wer missing dicipline.
    Quote from halfzware

Fact is, that the stuff u show and the numbers are no realistic to most of the players, on the other hand the 150m/175m monk and barb and i bet wizzy too videos can be done with below 500m on gear.
    I really enjoy playing dh but its getting me frustrated to die to god damn fireballs (with mempo, the fire dmg on andys doesnt change it though) on mp3, having 400ar and 48k life.

Its getting worse on AC2, those spear guys really hurt unless ofc we use gloom but we cant use gloom all the time since we wont kill every shitty group but the scorpions if we want good exp and in the end wer missing dicipline.

First of all, i don't cosider myself as a top player, or a player with +500m gear for that matter.I might have used 200-300m max(and that's a quite high max), otherwise it's self found. So it's definitely possible to do this (and if it't not possible on mp10, then try 8 for starters)

Second, I had a few problems with the spear men at the beginning, but knowing the spears will come, it's pretty easy to time and vault around it, just takes practice. And if you have problems getting disc, just throw a few extra grenades and your disc should be near max again (if this isn't possible, then your spec/gear isn't suited for this run). As SeVs writes: -you nid at least some minimum gear to do so.

What he's forgetting to tell you, if you feel a bit too squish with a ruby in the helm on mp10, then maybe change the gem to ametyst, if the alternative is going down to mp8 to do it properly, since every mp lvl only provides 28% extra xp (as far as i remember), then you might as well use the ametyst instead of a ruby.

Last, i don't think this is a mp0-1 farming killer, it's just something else to do, as an alternative - Personally i love having several runs i can do, that way i won't get tired of doing the same thing over and over. That's just my 2 cents.
    Regards DreamWalker

+ disc items will make this run a breeze, allowing you to pop gloom while vaulting past packs that have any kind of danger of killing you. I hardly even use prep, but keep it anyway for emergencies, just like the OP said.
    Quote from StoneTheRock

+ disc items will make this run a breeze, allowing you to pop gloom while vaulting past packs that have any kind of danger of killing you. I hardly even use prep, but keep it anyway for emergencies, just like the OP said.

The unfortunate thing is that +Disc items tend to lose more valuable DPS-related stats/modifiers.
    Conform or be cast out.

My Demon Hunter: http://tinyurl.com/anufqzj

Demon Hunter spreadsheet by Dretar http://www.diablofans.com/topic/46517-demon-hunter-dps-calculator/
    Quote from Analogkid

Quote from StoneTheRock

The unfortunate thing is that +Disc items tend to lose more valuable DPS-related stats/modifiers.

Yeah true, but if you're gonna vault awat from elites you really dont need THAT much DPS, they are white mobs after all. Could work, i'll give it a try :)

Thanks for the post
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes