Is there a point in the DH class anymore?

Quote from Kamisei2400

I'd just like to say that in a game on mp10 unlike other classes my dh doesn't die 90% of the time their other classes with 200 more AR than i do. With DH being effective or not is all about positioning and movement.
    And i seem to switch around 5 or so builds all serving a role, all fun to play

I actually don't like to move a lot with my DH, mainly because I still feel that the Manticore is slow, even with 50% more attack speed. I like to tank.

So, on MP7~10 I (usually) stay where I am, pop all my damage reduction stuff ([Shadow Power: Gloom] + [Sentry: Guardian Turret]) granting me 50% more damage reduction and start spamming Bola Shot with Stun.

Obviously I do have to move sometimes, if an elite has some nasty affixes, like arcane (all arcanes end up below me, so I have to run).

Molten / Dessecrators are bad, but if I'm hitting and damaging the monsters than I'm getting my life back.

The real problems are arcane (and their freaking lasers) and poison. They seem to stack somehow and I can't stand on the poison spots more than 2 or 3 seconds.

Anyway, on the topic: I do have more fun with the DH than the CMWW or Archon Wiz. The resource management, the tanking and moving habilities and the looks (she is beautiful to see) are great.

If i'm tired, and just want to faceroll all the monsters, I low the MP to 0 or 1, and it's a no-brainer. Even when I only had 100K DPS.
    I found this on reddit. MP10 farming.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/1al4vq/demon_hunter_mp10_guide_with_well_under_200k_dps/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SdcknFAuDY
    Great facetanking video with some useful info. I'd never used grenades instead of bola and it seems like a clear winner to me. However, this does not make high Mps worth running. You will still get more experience and items out of running low MPs as a DH. Not to mention that a stutterstepping DH can perform just as well in high MPs... And look at the gear you require to do this - it's not amazing or anything but it's still quite expensive for someone who hasn't been farming for a few months. But look at what a 110k dps wiz can do: https://www.youtube....e&v=7fMGznHdYhA. Skip to 56 min. Now imagine a 200k dps wiz, wich is the dps the DH had in that video.
    For PvP the DH is hands down the easiest to win with. For PvE it's not as fast as other classes but in uber groups we do the most damage (sentries/spike traps). With a Scoundrel with Windforce you can farm anything- just not as fast.
    Conform or be cast out.

My Demon Hunter: http://tinyurl.com/anufqzj

Demon Hunter spreadsheet by Dretar http://www.diablofans.com/topic/46517-demon-hunter-dps-calculator/
    ^^ Off-topic> Oh my. 500kDPS unbuffed. It's official, Analogkid, I don't like you. :facepalmsmile:
    apparently i have to post sth. to be able to post links and prove im not an evil spam bot, so let's talk about the DH^^

Playing one is definitely a matter of choice. You don't play DH because it's efficient but because you like the class. At least I keep playing DH because it's the most fun and i have actually to do sth in combat not just press a few buttons. And fun should be the most important thing in a game.
    what I'm tired of is to see every new "farm 150 mil exp" thread and when you click it its always monk or barbarian.

why always those to classes? because they can get away whit 10mil item build and get 150k dps, and still survive because of skills/skill builds and combos.

for example wizards doesent need to much AR because of the int bonus to AR.
    i just think its to ungrateful to play DH right now.

Argue on.
    The thing about DH is the low dmg versus other classes.
    To give you an example, my DH has 300k dps in full dps gear (I'm using a shit hellfire that drops my dps by 30k -.-) snd I'm able to farm 33m XP / hour doing Roaha's run.
    My wizard has 200k dps, and is able to farm 65m XP / hour doing exactly the same run.
    We lack a lot survivability versus other classes (CM wiz, ww barb, monks).
    If I do MP10 on my cm wiz or ww barbis like a walk in the park, I can fall asleep doing it, but the DH is much more challanging, and keeps me on my toes.
    I do agree that the DH could use some love, and get some buffs
    And By the way, strafe buils sucks bad.
    If I wanna do that plsy style, I'm playing my WW barb
    Demon Hunter needs some serious buff. We've been nerfed, nerfed and nerfed since release...
    But I still like playing with my DH. Tried to roll a TR Monk, got bored at paragon 13.
    Problem with DH is they have no 1 shot ability.

Barbs can Rend spam which is why they can do MP 10 Keeps 2 or Crater 2
    Monks have Exploding Palm and Wave of Light which again lets them easily do MP 10 Keeps 2 or Crater 2
    CM/WW will never take damage unless the player is full retard
    WDs have so much Crowd Control and utility its silly.

DHs are squishy and have no hard hitting ability that lets them farm insane EXP like Barbs and Monks. 1.08 better fix that. I mean the class cant possibly get worse can it? Are they trying to make DHs worse than Witch Doctors were at launch?
    What attacks do DHs get that they can spam for million damage plus crits like HoTA and Wave of Light?
    Quote from lilia27

What attacks do DHs get that they can spam for million damage plus crits like HoTA and Wave of Light?

We have...

Damn...
    Quote from lilia27

Well, we have the style! Barbs are too ugly and too dumb. We have, what should we call, finesse.
    Quote from Bribous

Quote from lilia27

Well, we have the style!

Where can I spend my "Style" so I can do MP 10 like its MP 0?
    So much noobs here, so much crying.

I have 300k+ unbuffed dh, having 450allres/3600armor/55k life, I tank mp10 with ease using only sp. In my opinion, demon hunters are the best tanks because of high life steal and huge damage they deal.

Gloom + echoing blast mines + thunder bola = invincible demon hunter.
    Quote from Tiffy27

Where can I spend my "Style" so I can do MP 10 like its MP 0?

You can... uh... look good while the barbs do the job ? :D

(disclaimer: This post and my previous one were mere joking)

<serious_mode>
    Well, all the classes have pros and cons, and while I agree the DH's can use some love from Blizzard, we have on our side the fact that any of the other classes have skills like Shadow Power with 15% life recover for that matter.

I play with a DH, a Wizard and a Monk, and all of three have completely different playstyles, and while one is strong on one spec, the other is stronger in another.

Monks with TR are almost as brainless as Barbs with WW. But they are utterly boring (for me). DH's are hard to master, they are fun and there's some build diversity. Not item diversity, but this is another matter.

Although we do not hit very hard, we can set traps and span sentinels, making our effective DPS double or triple steadily over time.

So, while we cannot burst a huge amount of damage, we can do a pretty decent amount of damage over time.

I could use someone good at math to help me with this argument, though.
    </serious_mode>
    Quote from JuhnuTheGod

I have 300k+ unbuffed dh, having 450allres/3600armor/55k life, I tank mp10 with ease using only sp. In my opinion, demon hunters are the best tanks because of high life steal and huge damage they deal.

You sure are representative.
    Quote from JuhnuTheGod

Yes, we're all "crying" and complaining because we're too bad to be able to clear things on MP10. We are so noobish we expect blizzard to nerf MP 10 so that our super geared imba 100k buffed DHs can clear MP 10. Thank god you're around to prevent that.

It's not like we're making points or comparisons to other classes. Or any sense at all.

The allmighty prophet has spoken, tanking high MP is the way to go. Who cares if your farming efficiency is terrible, who cares if ranged DHs are very similar to tanking DHs in clearing and that a DH that expects to run high MPs (or any Mps at all for that matter) gets better results out of his gear by giving it to a monk alt! Because you can tank MP 10 and not die!

Considering your amazing skills at interpreting and connecting to what other people say, just gonna give you a heads up... I was being sarcastic this whole post and you deserved it.
    Quote from JuhnuTheGod

And how much gold does it take to do that? All a Barb needs is a Decent Skorn and a IK belt. Crit chance is dirt cheap to buy. Also how the hell is dex gear so damn expensive? With everyone rerolling Barbs it should be the other way around but I found gearing my Barb a lot cheaper than my Monk or Wiz.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes