Need advice for uber bosses

So, I can farm act1 mp6 and act3 mp5 quite easily. After obtaining all parts needed for the infernal machine, I decided to give it a try on mp4. Unfortunately, the first uber boss I got was Ghom+Rakhanoth, which I already knew was going to suck. I did a couple of attempts but ended up getting oneshotted by teleport or just running out of discipline with both bosses at around 75% life remaining.

Looking through other threads, it seems like everyone does uber bosses on the same mp as they farm acts, but the way P performed, it didn't seem like I could even manage Ghom+Rakhanoth on mp3.

Here is my profile: (can't post URLs yet, sorry)
    eu battle net/d3/en/profile/Cfyhx-2310/hero/6502163

I really don't know what to do with uber bosses. I was trying to just give it another try on a lower mp level but after killing the act3 keywarden five times and still not getting the key on mp5 I'd rather ask for advice before wasting another Infernal Machine.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    The best advide would be do it in a group. There is no reason to try soloing when there are hundreds of people ready to run with you, and it's not like they reduce your odds for the items ;)
    Hi, i usually farm for keys at MP6. maybe an occasional mp7 now and then - but infernal machines - on my own - only MP4. An still siegebraker and zoltan are impossible for me.

so
    skele+magda - you must concentrate on skele and after he dies - magda... the problem will be magda with her flies clouds.
    ghom+rakanoth - you must concentrate on ghom in order to get rid of the poison clouds.
    siege+zoltan - you must first kill siege but the problems are the time bubbles from zoltan...

First - if you cannot do even skele+magda on mp4 then do not try at a lower mp.. you will waste your hard worked keys...
    the solution is to gather 3 sets of keys and then enter general chat and ask for help from other players... they will be more then happy to help in order to get a free try at the infernal machine and the organs without working for keys.

then you choose at least a tank. i preferr 3 players... and all above 100k dps :) there are lost outthere...
    The thing is to concentrate on a sigle uber - see above - except siege+zoltan - where the biggest/meanest tank takes on the siegebraker and the other one or two players keep zoltan busy...

you can do this in mp4-5 (depending on who can join you). thus everybody - including you - wins....
    Quote from Bille

The best advide would be do it in a group. There is no reason to try soloing when there are hundreds of people ready to run with you, and it's not like they reduce your odds for the items ;)

That's right. You need some one to take aggro. Anyway i can tank up to mp5, so add me if you want. Allways willing to tank and provide infernal machines if required.
    Quote from Bille

THIS all the way! Solo is waaaaay harder than in a group, even if it's just a group of two. I'm not quite as far along as you (I can farm act I, MP3 easily), but even turning the uber fights down to MP1 and going with a friend they're tough.
    i would choose my own religion and worship my own spirit, but if he ever preached to me i wouldn't want to hear it. i'd drop him, a forgotten god, languishing in shame; and then if i hit stormy seas, i'd have myself to blame. Zhaph#1849
    can help u if interested.. 230k dmg dh w/o ss, got some friends too

edit:dps update 360k :)
    This is why I am looking for group.. 3 machines for 12 bosses, anybody is happy and a hell lot easier.
    Thank you all, I appreciate the input very much. I'll try to find a group in the next few days, then.
    Do the bosses health reset?
    Quote from Zhaph

Quote from Bille

THIS all the way! Solo is waaaaay harder than in a group, even if it's just a group of two. I'm not quite as far along as you (I can farm act I, MP3 easily), but even turning the uber fights down to MP1 and going with a friend they're tough.

If you are looking to get a hellfire ring then definitely find a good group and have at it. i'm really enjoying the challenge of seeing how high i can cramp up the MP and still solo ubers though. it's a nice change of pace.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes