Dueling theorycrafting - wich skills/gear will be good!

Ok!
    So, no PvP as for now, but apparently, dueling will be something to expect in the next patch...
    So, for us DH's, who generally have lower survivability, but higher dps output...what will be the "way" to go in dueling?

Shoot!
    tbh i cannot wait duel vs warriors :P
    ill pop 3 spike traps under my ass and laugh hopefully while in smokescreen / gloom :P
    I´m not a DH, but I think more defensive oriented builds than farming builds will be good.

In farming, if you had just enough gear, farming efficiency came to a point were it couldnt be much more efficient. And that bar wasnt that hard to achieve, since defense dont matter that much at all. I Hope dueling categorises people better so that better gear actually feels better and gets you more wins in battles.

For example I have TR monk and I can farm pretty efficiently. Sure I could buy some stuff to make it even more efficient, but I dont want. The efficiency gain is too little, I can see little to no differency if I bought 100mil worth the gear. MP10 ubers are different story, but there are no real carrots for me to do that.

Quote from cyberhrc

tbh i cannot wait duel vs warriors :P
    ill pop 3 spike traps under my ass and laugh hopefully while in smokescreen / gloom :P

LOL :P
    Dueling a CM mage would really suck.

I suppose keeping opponents off screen while spaming hungering arrow with a Windforce would be cheating.
    Quote from tychoblu

I suppose keeping opponents off screen while spaming hungering arrow with a Windforce would be cheating.

On the opposite, they need groups to be able to effectively utilize their skills...no hits = loooow cooldown speed ^^;
    WD > everything!
    Currently played toon:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rage-2973/hero/28310

Profit:
    Flipping/Sniping: 6577€
    I'm probably gonna go with hungering - devouring, Cluster - maelstrom (faster impact) or impale, spike traps and im also thinking about a turret as a bonus dmg dealer aside from myself...and ofc...legacy nats ;)
    Quote from Huminator

WD > everything!

nuff said
    Its kinda hard to say.

Without info on.

Penalties
    Deminishing returns
    Effects of Armor and Resists on player as opposed to versus monsters.

Question should rather be.
    How will they make dueling a non, 1st hit wins kinda deal.

PvP effects? such as larger healthpool in PvP? or massive boosts to all of the above?

Without this info, noone can say what will work and what will not.
    Found a Butcher's Sickle the other day, it would suck to be dragged in to melee distance and then stun locked.
    Quote from tychoblu

Found a Butcher's Sickle the other day, it would suck to be dragged in to melee distance and then stun locked.

SS breaks the pull so no worries ;)
    I'm going to go for legacy nats with focused mind to preparation...that's 6 disc/sec regen for 15 seconds ^^; and an additional 4 Smokescreens in a row after that..
    Quote from tychoblu

Do you know how the Critical Mass build works? They need constant critical hits in order to perma freeze their opponents.
    If they can't see you how are they going to crit? (Smoke Screen).
    I'm going to stick to my legacy Natalya's.
    For people with high DPS, I think that the best will be Spike Traps with Echoing Blast + Sharp Shooter, Archery and Steady Aim. The idea of this is to one shoot your opponents.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes