TryHard: Demon Hunter Legendary Guide

Hello again guys!! This guide covers the mainstream legendary items for the Demon Hunter class, I go into detail on why exactly you want to use certain Legendary items, how expensive it's going to be to add certain stats and viable options on some of the item slots!

Feel free to ask any questions here on this post :)

Video Link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgbDdEFqHDQ
    Thank you for this!!!
    Thanks. Just revisited my DH that sat at lvl 35 forever. Got him up to 60 in a few days (by act 2 hell), and swapped in some of my monk gear now that he meets the requirements. This gives me a little more insight on some specific pieces for DH. Still trying to work out the skills side though.
    Thanks man!
    Question: Do you recommend getting an "entry level" item such as Dead Man's Legacy to make things better, or just to wait and save up to buy the one you'll keep for a long time?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Lucretia-1417/hero/21250651
    Great video!
    Im sorry but you so wrong about so many things in your video. It might be because I am playing hc and you are playing sc but still. One example would be you saying that Natalya's embrace has low vitality which is so not true. On my demon hunter I am using Nat chest with 226 vitality. Also saying that mempo with no crit is not worth is another non-sense. What if you are overfed on crit chance? Like I have around 55.5% crit chance or so then why would I not go for 240dex+ without crit and go for a pair that has 100dex and 3% crit or so?
    You can also get all resist on strongarm.
    Deadman's legacy's are pretty cheap, even for a decent one.. bola, 9.5% crit 1-2mil.. which with the gear you already have, should be no prob to farm up.. Sell a few gems, you can probably get a disc dml for good price.

Im sorry but you so wrong about so many things in your video. It might be because I am playing hc and you are playing sc but still. One example would be you saying that Natalya's embrace has low vitality which is so not true. On my demon hunter I am using Nat chest with 226 vitality. Also saying that mempo with no crit is not worth is another non-sense. What if you are overfed on crit chance? Like I have around 55.5% crit chance or so then why would I not go for 240dex+ without crit and go for a pair that has 100dex and 3% crit or so?
    You can also get all resist on strongarm.

Sadly it's not about how much crit chance you have, it's how much crit damage you have :( If you're using a Manti with 2 sockets and have any amount of crit damage on your gear you should be getting crit chance on every slot you can.You can get Vit on a Nat's chest, it costs a lot more to get 150 dex / 150 + vit though, you're looking around 30 mil on EU servers. Strongarn can have All Resist, just not Vit at the same time :(
    This video is somewhat ok, covering all that info about what a DH should use but it's like all the others...a budget guide video.
    The internet is filled with these guides.. I think someone should start by doing some more advanced stuff, explaining in depth techniques because, let's face it, everyone knows by now how to buy cheap stuff and pretend he's farming like a boss.
    Diablo3 has some complex mechanics people never heard about, let's talk about that!
    Talking about where to put your vitality is quite boring.. if it's more on the chest armor and less on the pants it doesn't matter at all... or how awesome are the vile wards.

A budget guide is a little help for a somewhat better start. You'll have maybe 5k-10K more dps and 10k more hp following someone's guide which is good but it ain't like that guide made you a boss.
    People need to understand the mechanics better, this way their invested effort will bring better results.
    There are a lot of people stuck with mediocre dps/ehp that keep on changing their gear, spending a lot of gold and they're still not making any progress. Reason being that they don't understand exactly how to balance their stats and believe me, efficiency is all about balance.
    “Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter”
    No love to the Calamity DH's :(

1H'ers are far inferior to DualSocket Manticore + DML, sorry.

1H'ers are far inferior to DualSocket Manticore + DML, sorry.

That's not even remotly true.... It's more a matter of play style. Also have to know how to gear your character. A 1h'er can be better with Night Stalker and non Legacy Nats DH's.
    Great guide!
    Thanks for the advices man !
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes