Ball Lightning.

Hi, been away from DH for quite awhile now. Am curious to know if any past patches nerfed Ball lightning?

Does ball lightning still proc more than twice if hitting a fat model and if inside a slow aura?
    + is the hit-range still huge and able to hit mobs behind you?

TY.
    yep, it's exacly the same as before
    ty for fast reply,
    if so, why are more people not using ball lightning? it is OP
    Quote from ikigai

ty for fast reply,

You are probably trolling but just in case you are not...

Ball Lightning is probably the most used rune for Elemental Arrow skill. It is definitely to-go rune for all standard builds that utilize hatred generator and 1 or 2 hatred spenders. The higher DPS you have, the more likely you are to drop 2nd spender and use just Ball Lightning because it is so effective in AOE situaitons (HA + BL is very common skill setup).
    Quote from baron01

Quote from ikigai

ty for fast reply,

You are probably trolling but just in case you are not...

Ball Lightning is probably the most used rune for Elemental Arrow skill. It is definitely to-go rune for all standard builds that utilize hatred generator and 1 or 2 hatred spenders. The higher DPS you have, the more likely you are to drop 2nd spender and use just Ball Lightning because it is so effective in AOE situaitons (HA + BL is very common skill setup).

my bad havent checked dprog top skills in months...
    but in game, when i suggest ball lightning in general chat or trade chat, every single person disagree that ball lightning is any good lol
    ty for verifying
    EA BL is far from OP in my opinion

there are a lot of better hatred spenders for every given scenario
    for ubers, cluster arrow.. spiketraps are getting quite popular too
    for normal runs, i use the same as for ubers
    for mp0-1 runs, i find multishot to be better.

EA BL travels slow, hits twice but hits weak..
    Quote from Robb_Stark

i'll have to diagree cause ball lightning works best in every situation imaginable.
    its hit range is huge + even hits mobs standing directly behind you
    pretty much as good as auto aim hack lol
    Quote from Robb_Stark

There is not much discussion for Ubers/key farming, BL is replaced by other skills.

Multishot or BL is a matter of personal preference for low MP farming. I find Multishot less appealing due to several issues:
    • It is unreliable due to its tendency to miss monsters at sharp angles toward your character
    • It hardly covers whole distance of the screen. It forces you to get close to monsters.
    • It is instant, therefore, you cant send it forward or backward to clear stray mobs. You cant shoot it around the corner with much success either.
    • BL hits twice on most targets, therefore, you have two chances for a crit=crit means white mob is dead.
    I used multishot for a while after 1.0.4 -- while the damage output was nice, I encountered two problems.
    1) You need to be very cost effective with your hatred. It's not reasonable to just multishot less than 3 monsters; so there is a hatred problem with this as well
    2) It's very wrist intensive (at least for me). There's a lot of clicking involved for multishot. Gotta kite, click, and repeat.
    Maybe I'm a massive wimp, but I found ball lightning to be easier to use. I can just sit there and face tank with gloom and hold down right click for ball lighting.

But really, it's all up to your preference.
    Quote from ikigai

Quote from Robb_Stark

i'll have to diagree cause ball lightning works best in every situation imaginable.
    its hit range is huge + even hits mobs standing directly behind you
    pretty much as good as auto aim hack lol

yep BL is better by far when put against, well any hatred spender. It's only 10 hatred, it'l OFTEN hit normal sized enemies for twice making it a 300% dmg skill, it'l hit every enemy even behind you in a huge radius. It's beast for single target and aoe.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    Quote from Bleu42

yep BL is better by far when put against, well any hatred spender. It's only 10 hatred, it'l OFTEN hit normal sized enemies for twice making it a 300% dmg skill, it'l hit every enemy even behind you in a huge radius. It's beast for single target and aoe.

Just to make sure nobody is mislead by the bolded statement--Ball Lightning hits for 75% weapon damage, therefore, you need 2 hits to get full tool-tip damage. This does not change the fact BL is by far the most versatile Hatred spender we have. It might lack the pack for high MP runs but you will be mowing low MP with it no problem.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes