Non-crit Nat's ring

Is it worth it to get a non-crit nat's ring? By itself the ring is not better but once you take into account the 130 dex I get from the set bonus it ends up being much better than what I currently have. If I end up taking one with crit damage instead of crit change it's more affordable (25% CD = 25-30m ish, can prolly snipe one cheaper). I can afford that, I cannot afford a 200m crit chance one.

I would love you input on that as well as on any of my other possible upgrades!

http:// us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Nez-1406/hero/1490302

NOTE: I don't know why it's not updated but I replaced that helm with a nice andys that gave me +10k damage and I replaced the neck with another nice one that gave me a lot of health and damage (I was have insane amounts of difficulty beaing phase beasts as the strafe-farming spec even in MP0).

Thanks!!
    I would not. I had a 4 set with a ring that had no crit and i sold that ring. If you need 3 set bonus, i think you would be better off with other items for now and wait until you are able to buy a crit ring later for the 4 set bonus.
    The problem is that getting an nats helm that's even close to my andy's is about the same amount of money. =/
    If you are getting 2 set out of it the ring can be decent without crit just not great, 3 set not worth it. better off going monk 2 set for the 130 dex and it'll be cheaper, unless you have the gold to get things like a witching hour, but if you had that you wouldn't be worried about buying a crap nats ring.
    Ahhh I see, so the 3-set probably isn't worth it unless it comes from a really sexy ring? Sounds good. Yeah I was looking at the Inna's 2 piece, only thing is I lose A LOT of survivability which is not something I have a huge amount of right now.
    For a 2 set, go with the boots and ring, and for the 3 set, add the chest...
    I would personally go for a 2+2 set with innas chest and pants, and then nats ring (with crit) + boots.
    Well, ring is not a good choice to get 2P or 3P Nats bonus because there is a big pressure on those 2 slots, one slot would be in most cases occupied by Hellfire ring and the other by a dual/triple combo ring. If you are on budget, hence you cant afford to buy CHC Nat's ring, you wont be able to afford to buy Witching Hour as it is suggested by some posters above--get 2P Inna from chest and pants.

I would go for 2P Nats from chest and shoes and 2P Inna's from belt and pants. Nat's chest is pretty equal in term of damage output to Inna's chest, the only difference being damage reduction on Inna's chest. Inna's 2P bonus is 130 dex, which is great bonus considering the fact pants are pretty much BIS for DH and the only real alternative to Inna's belt is Witching Hour (EXPENSIVE (very) option), therefore you want to get it from Inna's set rather then sacrifice ring slot for mediocre Nat's ring.
    Crit % nat's ring is really overpriced. If you can't afford that you probably can't afford decent witching hour. So I would recommend Nat's Boots (overall very good native affixes) and Nat's chest/cloak (nothing special here) + Inna's belt and pants (pants can get expensive with vita/res all thou). The helm isn't worth it, in that you are right, one better then your andariel's would probably cost you a fortune, even accounting for set bonus.

I think 3 set bonus isn't worth it right now, when you can afford a good nat's ring, then go for it.
    Quote from Kyoob

... So I would recommend Nat's Boots (overall very good native affixes) and Nat's chest/cloak (nothing special here) + Inna's chest and pants (pants can get expensive with vita/res all thou). ...
    I think 3 set bonus isn't worth it right now, when you can afford a good nat's ring, then go for it.

I think you meant to say Inna's belt instead of chest. I fully agree with you on your last statement.

I have quickly checked DPS calculator to see what stats on thering I would have to get to match mine (25DEX/140VIT/6%CHC/47%CHD). The Nats ring would have to be at minimum 95DEX/3CHC/8IAS to match my current ring (including 130 DEX from 3P bonus). Anything above would be a gain in DPS but it would cost a lot.
    Quote from baron01

Quote from Kyoob

... So I would recommend Nat's Boots (overall very good native affixes) and Nat's chest/cloak (nothing special here) + Inna's chest and pants (pants can get expensive with vita/res all thou). ...

I think you meant to say Inna's belt instead of chest. I fully agree with you on your last statement.

I have quickly checked DPS calculator to see what stats on thering I would have to get to match mine (25DEX/140VIT/6%CHC/47%CHD). The Nats ring would have to be at minimum 95DEX/3CHC/8IAS to match my current ring (including 130 DEX from 3P bonus). Anything above would be a gain in DPS but it would cost a lot.

Yes, Inna's belt, got the items mixed a bit... the belt has +elemental dmg% right? If you have physical affix on your weapon and a lot of +min/max damage on jewelery, that's actually a fair boost too.
    Quote from baron01

Well, ring is not a good choice to get 2P or 3P Nats bonus because there is a big pressure on those 2 slots, one slot would be in most cases occupied by Hellfire ring and the other by a dual/triple combo ring. If you are on budget, hence you cant afford to buy CHC Nat's ring, you wont be able to afford to buy Witching Hour as it is suggested by some posters above--get 2P Inna from chest and pants.

I would go for 2P Nats from chest and shoes and 2P Inna's from belt and pants. Nat's chest is pretty equal in term of damage output to Inna's chest, the only difference being damage reduction on Inna's chest. Inna's 2P bonus is 130 dex, which is great bonus considering the fact pants are pretty much BIS for DH and the only real alternative to Inna's belt is Witching Hour (EXPENSIVE (very) option), therefore you want to get it from Inna's set rather then sacrifice ring slot for mediocre Nat's ring.

Except the fact that innas chest rolls 200+ vit, wich nats does not...
    If you want to go rly high dps, at some point you are gonna change to innas chest simply because the you would loose the 2 set bonus from innas when changing to a witching hour, wich is BiS...so the only other slot avaliable to gain the 2 set bonus is the chest..
    And since Mempo is BiS, the only slot left to gain the 2 set bonus from nats, is the ring..
    Quote from Raz0r_boy

If you want to go rly high dps, at some point you are gonna change to innas chest simply because the you would loose the 2 set bonus from innas when changing to a witching hour, wich is BiS...so the only other slot avaliable to gain the 2 set bonus is the chest..
    And since Mempo is BiS, the only slot left to gain the 2 set bonus from nats, is the ring..

I think the point of the OP was going for the best gear within his budget.

Ofcourse dex witching hour is BiS and crit nat's ring is amazing for the set. But it's really out of his reach, for now that is.
    Quote from Kyoob

Quote from Raz0r_boy

I think the point of the OP was going for the best gear within his budget.

Ofcourse dex witching hour is BiS and crit nat's ring is amazing for the set. But it's really out of his reach, for now that is.
    Point taken and my bad, didn't read carefully enough!
    Quote from Raz0r_boy

Except you have conveniently ignored part of my post where I said they are comparable in terms of damage output. Also it is quite obvious OP has issues with budget, therefore, Witching Hour is out of question.

So yes, if money are not an issues, you will be using Witching Hour and will have to get 2P Inna's bonus elsewhere. However, it is then questionable whether you really want it since you can get the extra 130 DEX from 3P Nat's.

If I have unlimited budget, I would not bother too much with extra 130 DEX and make compromises to get it. I can have Nat's 2P bonus, which is mandatory, from chest and shoes. Other slots can have legendary or well rolled rare items in them that will be stronger in most cases, and hella lot cheaper, then well rolled set items.
    OP: Im running similar spec with cheap min/max dmg one (got it because of Max Disc set bonus)... IMO got worse/cheaper gear then You..

having no problem speed farming mp0, probably because of high Shadow Power uptime.. I like using movement speed rune, helps to kite elites when strafing and is great for overall speed as well

my char: eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ludva-2231/hero/9609593
    Quote from baron01

Quote from Raz0r_boy

Except you have conveniently ignored part of my post where I said they are comparable in terms of damage output. Also it is quite obvious OP has issues with budget, therefore, Witching Hour is out of question.

So yes, if money are not an issues, you will be using Witching Hour and will have to get 2P Inna's bonus elsewhere. However, it is then questionable whether you really want it since you can get the extra 130 DEX from 3P Nat's.

If I have unlimited budget, I would not bother too much with extra 130 DEX and make compromises to get it. I can have Nat's 2P bonus, which is mandatory, from chest and shoes. Other slots can have legendary or well rolled rare items in them that will be stronger in most cases, and hella lot cheaper, then well rolled set items.
    As i said above, i missed the budget-part so i stand corrected.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes