Natalya's Sight

Natalya's Sight

What's the deal with this helm?

It looks rather weak to me, and I experienced the fear proc earlier on a Echoing Fury, and hated it (my teammates kept shouting at me to stop fearing elites into other packs).

Yet I see some of the top DHs use it. I really wonder why people use it, and how good the 4 piece Natalya's set bonus is? In my current gear setup I would attain that bonus if I bought this helm, it's just that, I see no clear reason to. Am I overlooking something? 20 Discipline seems nice, but isn't discipline regeneration way more important than max Discipline?

I'd be very grateful if some owners of this helm could enlighten me on their reasons for wearing it. I'm not saying it's gimp, I just want to know exactly why it is not.
    If you have no problem playing with just 30 discipline by all means only keep the 3pc. I think the +20 disc bonus is beneficial in that you don't need to get additional disc on your quiver, chest, etc. so you can have better itemization for dps vs utility/survival.

Also, I find the fear very beneficial. :)
    -leirissa | battle.net vanboon#1499 | lvl 60 dh - 4/4 inferno 6/9/12
    profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/vanboon-1499/hero/3962228
    http://i.imgur.com/8AfIp.jpg 4/4pc natalyza dps: 73k (w/o ss), dex: 1967, health: 22k, resist: ~150, mf: 90%/261%
    7% crit sure helps
    huhm.. i use old nats 4set, sometimes the fear can be bad (like shoting set of clusters on empty place after feared elite :) but usually i enjoy it and on higher mp its rly nice to fear mobs near u few yards away.. and the fear rly rakes just a while so its nothing rly disturbing..

when i will use new nats i can raise my all res and dmg by significant amount, but i rly love that doscipl regen bonus so those will be last pieces of my eq to change
    Quote from martysuchy

huhm.. i use old nats 4set, sometimes the fear can be bad (like shoting set of clusters on empty place after feared elite :) but usually i enjoy it and on higher mp its rly nice to fear mobs near u few yards away.. and the fear rly rakes just a while so its nothing rly disturbing..

when i will use new nats i can raise my all res and dmg by significant amount, but i rly love that doscipl regen bonus so those will be last pieces of my eq to change

I have tried to go without the 2 Disc/sec regen from old Nat's and I have a hard time doing it. Granted, I'd have to get some +disc items but it's tough to drop.
    Conform or be cast out.

My Demon Hunter: http://tinyurl.com/anufqzj

Demon Hunter spreadsheet by Dretar http://www.diablofans.com/topic/46517-demon-hunter-dps-calculator/
    Thanks for the feedback. Trying to decide now between a Nat's Sight or a Mempo of TL with crit. Actually the +20 max Disc bonus would be all I'm gaining, cause I already have the other setbonuses (130 Dex and 7% crit).

Nat's Sight sure looks a lot better, but I'm not sure it's worth it.. I use my Disc almost exclusively to keep up Shadow Power/Gloom and with Preparation/Focused Mind on my bar I more or less manage to do so.

PS: As you see when you check my profile, I'm talking about new Natalya's, not legacy.
    For me the 20 extra disc is what saves me when running on higher MP (able to use shadow power more). Even on lower ones it's very usefull for vaulting (w/ rune) runs combained with Vengance, Tact Adv. and Nightstalker. Would very much like if they added crit, crit dmg or ias instead of the fear but we can't get everything we ask for.
    Because it's sexy.

But no, really, Fear procs aren't all that bad on ranged characters. I welcome the Fear on my wizard's Echoing Fury.

Also, all of the Nat's set bonuses are nice.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    Quote from Kanio

For me the 20 extra disc is what saves me when running on higher MP (able to use shadow power more). Even on lower ones it's very usefull for vaulting (w/ rune) runs combained with Vengance, Tact Adv. and Nightstalker. Would very much like if they added crit, crit dmg or ias instead of the fear but we can't get everything we ask for.

That's exactly what I wanted to know, thanks :)

EDIT: Really tempted to buy one now, which brings me to another question... what kind of stats would I need on it in order for it not to be a clear DPS downgrade of my Andariel's Visage? It's gonna be hard compensating for the loss of that IAS :(
    I got this Nat set on my DH. Helm and chest dropped, so helm is pretty bad.
    But what I aim for on this helm is +dex/vit and +crit chance and extra rolls.
    Its quite expensive tho.
    Quote from Nevi

Really tempted to buy one now, which brings me to another question... what kind of stats would I need on it in order for it not to be a clear DPS downgrade of my Andariel's Visage? It's gonna be hard compensating for the loss of that IAS :(

Felt that way too when I change it but in the end, with 4 pc Nats, it's worth it. Still have my old Andariel's Visage and when I look at it I will bump my dps around 22k which I dun really feel is worth a loss of the 20 extra disc. Am at 215k dps with Vengeance, Archery and Steady Aim and when running normal MP5s and really need the disc there so for me Nats head is the clear choice. I started out with the cheap head/chest/boots with ~95 dex but have recently bought the 170-85 dex ones. Even did 10m extra on the old boots which felt kinda nice :) So if you have the money go for higher dex!
    Quote from Kanio

Quote from Nevi

Really tempted to buy one now, which brings me to another question... what kind of stats would I need on it in order for it not to be a clear DPS downgrade of my Andariel's Visage? It's gonna be hard compensating for the loss of that IAS :(

Felt that way too when I change it but in the end, with 4 pc Nats, it's worth it. Still have my old Andariel's Visage and when I look at it I will bump my dps around 22k which I dun really feel is worth a loss of the 20 extra disc. Am at 215k dps with Vengeance, Archery and Steady Aim and when running normal MP5s and really need the disc there so for me Nats head is the clear choice. I started out with the cheap head/chest/boots with ~95 dex but have recently bought the 170-85 dex ones. Even did 10m extra on the old boots which felt kinda nice :) So if you have the money go for higher dex!

Thanks, your feedback and advice has proven indispensable to me in making this choice. Getting a Nat's Sight as soon as I see a good one pop up within my price range.
    7% crit is sweet
    Quote from Zulian

7% crit is sweet

The thread was more about the 4pc bonus....:P
    Words of wisdom: Don't follow the advice of people who won't have to deal with the consequences.
    mempo with 6% crit is still BiS for me, it has all res, high dex, AS and CC, everything what DH needs
    Mempo is probably better, yeah. But I bought a Natalya's Sight now and I have to say I love never running out of disc anymore, it feels awesome. For that feeling, plus these looks, I am willing to sacrifice some raw power. I'll just try to compensate on other slots.
    It is weak but I need it for 4 set bonus
    Most people use it for the set bonus because it is very cheap for 7% crit.
    Quote from Nevi

Mempo is probably better, yeah. But I bought a Natalya's Sight now and I have to say I love never running out of disc anymore, it feels awesome. For that feeling, plus these looks, I am willing to sacrifice some raw power. I'll just try to compensate on other slots.

And when you get the money you can upgrade to a CC one. Had a 160+ dex Sigh before and went down to a 90+ one with 5.5 CC instead which bumped my DPS a fair amount. Sure the Mempo and AV gives more DPS but I'm with you on this one, having those 20 extra Disc is what makes it worthy!
    Quote from Nevi

Quote from Kanio

That's exactly what I wanted to know, thanks :)

EDIT: Really tempted to buy one now, which brings me to another question... what kind of stats would I need on it in order for it not to be a clear DPS downgrade of my Andariel's Visage? It's gonna be hard compensating for the loss of that IAS :(

Check my Andariels visage.. it out-dps my previous 6.0 cc Nats sight by 4,5k dps (including the fact that I lost the 3 set bonus).

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Archey-2692/hero/12692894
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes