Help moving from MP0 to MP5 Key Farming

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/NuHeRTz-1755/hero/151285

Currently I am doing 100k unbuffed dps, and still die pretty frequently in MP5 when trying to farm keys and battle ubers. It's doable, but I am a lot more squishy than I want to be.

I'm looking for advice on where I need to start putting my money to be able to survive better while still pushing my damage higher. I'm fairly happy with my skills, just need to look at gear. I'm at a point where I think any upgrade is going to be expensive, so where will I get the biggest bang for my buck?

Any help would be appreciated!
    Few points:
    • Goldskin armor needs to go. It is a huge sink on your survival and damage output. Replace it by proper piece of armor with DEX/VIT and optionally AR.
    • Leoric Signet is the same case as Goldskin, get rid of it for key farming. Hell, get rid of it altogether unless you have damage output high enough that you can afford to wear it. /hint 100k and 28k HP is not it.
    • Get rid of those Lacuni's you are using, they have no crit and you dont need additional movement speed as it is covered by 2 other pieces of gear. Get DEX/VIT/CHC and optionally AR ones, they should not be too expensive--Strongarm bracers are good option, although, you might need to opt for one without AR because those are expensive.
    • Increase your CHC -- amulet is definitely good place to get some additional CHC. You can also use Sharpshooter passive skill to help you with low CHC untill you have 40+ % CHC.
    • It would be good for your survival to have some extra Discipline. It makes great difference when you play on higher MPs. Change Preparation rune from Battle Scars (useless one) to Focused Mind, this rune is great when you have base amount of Discipline as it gives you 45 Discipline over 15 seconds, which means you can use it for a skill before you get to max and continue regeneration as you spend it. Once you have 40+ Discipline, you can try your luck with Backup Plan rune. I still prefer Focused Mind over Backup Plan on my character.
    First of all, I'd get a new chest armor, try getting with high dex/vit and 3 sockets to boost dmg and health. When farming keys and ubers, leoric's ring should be replaced with something that has CC/CHD and vit if you're lacking health. While you don't have any more Natalya's set items equipped, you might wanna look for a pair of a boots with high dex/vit and perhaps RA. Movement speed while running for keys and ubers and not as important as surviving.

good luck!

EDIT: baron01 was faster ^^
    Goldskin is just for farming mp0, as is leorics. I don't have a good replacement for leorics though, so I will start there. I also have a cheap Natalya's chest to go with the boots.

I'll look at some bracers, though the attack speed on the Lacunis usually gives me more damage than most bracers. Is a rare ammy my best choice, or would a well rolled travelers pledge and compass rose be a good way to go?
    Try popping in that Natalya's chest instead of Goldskin (will give you a nice 7% CC), and buy a new ring from AH:
    first choice:
    • Dex
    • Average dmg
    • Vitality
    • CC (at least 3%)
    • CHD (at least 30%)
    If it's too pricy, drop Dex or Vit (depending on if you have issues with dps or staying alive)

About attack speed. If you are standing still and spamming arrows a lot, then attack speed is good. If you're studderstepping and running around a lot staying mobile, the attacks speed gives your dps a false number since you might not be using all of it. I personally like it more if I have high dmg per hit, and that it's not dependant on how many hits I can do.

I think your ammy looks nice. Would be cool with from CC but I think you need that vit on it =)

I was able to find my Strongarm Bracers on ah for 3 mil, totally worth it. (my armory). But that was eu server but aren't things always less expensive on us servers? ;)
    IAS is good and provides significant boost to your sheet DPS. However, the problem with IAS is that it inflates your theoretical damage output but real impact might be a lot smaller. IAS effect is only fully attainable on stationary targets, in which case you shooting faster helps you dish out more damage. Now tell me how often can you stand still for a longer period of time in D3. It should not be very often, which means part of benefit IAS provides will be wasted. How much depends on your gear, MP level you play at and whether you are alone or in multiplier.

I would suggest to first get CHC, CHD and DEX to a certain level (45%, 300%+ and 2400) first and only then focus on adding IAS.

In regards to necklace, go for one that will provide as much DEX/CHC/CHD for affordable price. AR, VIT or MF are nice to have secondary stats but will make the necklace a lot more expensive--if not, obviously, buy the one with the added stats.
    Dont try to help this bot.
    Quote from Niddro

Try popping in that Natalya's chest instead of Goldskin (will give you a nice 7% CC), and buy a new ring from AH:
    first choice:
    • Dex
    • Average dmg
    • Vitality
    • CC (at least 3%)
    • CHD (at least 30%)

Quote from baron01

I would suggest to first get CHC, CHD and DEX to a certain level (45%, 300%+ and 2400) first and only then focus on adding IAS.

Thanks for the specifics, gives me something to shoot for. I will definitely lower my importance on IAS for now, and add it back in later. Do I need some sort of life steal too? I don't want to rely on potions/globes, as on MP5-MP10 they don't drop and I can't reuse nearly as quickly.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes