Please rate this Demon Hunter

and tell me what I might need to make it better.

eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Hellsnarf-1883/hero/95731

Thank you
    There is a thread for this you know...2 posts below your thread..
    http://www.diablofans.com/topic/69781-rate-the-demon-hunter-above-you/
    1) Gloves should definitely be trifecta
    2) No MAX disc on cloak and quiver
    3) No Vit on boots and low vit overall..
    4) Nightstalker will not save you if you have only 30 disc
    5) No vit on Vile Ward
    6) Bad witching hour, decent innas pants + belt will benefit you more

Here's mine for comparison.. http://eu.battle.net...2/hero/12692894

Before you get at my throat like I went for yours.. note that I have leorics signet which is basically a temporaty solution before I reach paragon 100.. and I know that I need more AR and dps :)
    Thanks for the advice I'll see what I can find then. new gloves, inna's belt and maybe natalya's?
    I dont agree with the point WizArt made about Witching Hour and few more:
    • Witching Hour is BIS and will almost always beat other options even if you consider additional bonuses from sets. Do not switch it!
      • I have quickly run a simulation on D3up.com just to switch Witching Hour to my average Inna's Favor (94DEX, 1% CHC, 8% holy damage). Switching to Inna's Favor resulted in 17k DPS loss if everything remained intact.
    • Trifecta gloves are good but expensive. I would focus on CHC & CHD combo with reasonably high DEX and optionally some survival stats.
    • Get rid of Sentry, the skill does not fit your gearing. You have lot of crit and crit damage, which are stats completely wasted by Sentry. Use big nuke such as Cluster Arrow or just add another utility/tactical skill.
    Quote from baron01

I dont agree with the point WizArt made about Witching Hour and few more:
    • Witching Hour is BIS and will almost always beat other options even if you consider additional bonuses from sets. Do not switch it!
      • I have quickly run a simulation on D3up.com just to switch Witching Hour to my average Inna's Favor (94DEX, 1% CHC, 8% holy damage). Switching to Inna's Favor resulted in 17k DPS loss if everything remained intact.
    • Trifecta gloves are good but expensive. I would focus on CHC & CHD combo with reasonably high DEX and optionally some survival stats.
    • Get rid of Sentry, the skill does not fit your gearing. You have lot of crit and crit damage, which are stats completely wasted by Sentry. Use big nuke such as Cluster Arrow or just add another utility/tactical skill.

I have no idea what u talkin about. 17k loss? wtf.. show me the witching hour you were comparing it to.. I tried on witching hour that had 76dex, 9ias and 36 crit damage and had like 1k dps increase compared to my innas belt that had 100 dex on it and 8%dmg.. unless you get other stats on the belt like AR and vit that 1k dps increase is irrelevant considering the sum you must pay for the witching hour.
    I used the one from OP's character. I loaded his profile into D3up.com and simulated Inna's belt that I wear (stats in my original post). Granted that is very simple test and I ignored any potential benefits from set bonus (partially because OP already have 2P Inna's bonus available and 3P has no benefit for DH). That gave me 17k DPS drop by switching Witching Hour to Inna's Belt.

Now, I have decided to re-check this in Dretar's spreadsheet v1.92. I have populated it with my own data (for added benefit to use this later since it is quite a chore to do it just to prove you right or wrong). You can check them in my profile: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Baron01-2210/hero/3079747
    When I was done, spreadsheet calculated DPS was off by some 400 compared to my ingame DPS, therefore, I assume I filled the data in correctly. I have replaced my Inna's Favor by OP's Witching Hour to see how that will impact my DPS. Replacing Inna's Favor meant that I lost 2P bonus, ie. 130 DEX loss.
    The result has pretty much confirmed my statement from my original post, switching from Witching Hour to Inna's Favor will be almost definitely a DPS loss for most of gear combos I can imagine. Based on Dretar's spreadsheet, gear set variant with Witching Hour has gained 15036 DPS (final DPS line in the spreadsheet) over my original gear set that sported Inna's Favor.

Also, your concern about price is irrelevant because OP already owns Witching Hour.
    Interesting thought baron01. it's hard to go wrong with attack speed and chd on belt but what if I had both natalya's and inna's set bonuses instead of witching hour?
    will try another skill than sentry. usually I use boar on that slot.
    Quote from baron01

I used the one from OP's character. I loaded his profile into D3up.com and simulated Inna's belt that I wear (stats in my original post). Granted that is very simple test and I ignored any potential benefits from set bonus (partially because OP already have 2P Inna's bonus available and 3P has no benefit for DH). That gave me 17k DPS drop by switching Witching Hour to Inna's Belt.

Now, I have decided to re-check this in Dretar's spreadsheet v1.92. I have populated it with my own data (for added benefit to use this later since it is quite a chore to do it just to prove you right or wrong). You can check them in my profile: http://eu.battle.net...10/hero/3079747
    When I was done, spreadsheet calculated DPS was off by some 400 compared to my ingame DPS, therefore, I assume I filled the data in correctly. I have replaced my Inna's Favor by OP's Witching Hour to see how that will impact my DPS. Replacing Inna's Favor meant that I lost 2P bonus, ie. 130 DEX loss.
    The result has pretty much confirmed my statement from my original post, switching from Witching Hour to Inna's Favor will be almost definitely a DPS loss for most of gear combos I can imagine. Based on Dretar's spreadsheet, gear set variant with Witching Hour has gained 15036 DPS (final DPS line in the spreadsheet) over my original gear set that sported Inna's Favor.

Also, your concern about price is irrelevant because OP already owns Witching Hour.

Are you saying that im lying that I only had 1k dps increase when I swapped Innas belt for witching hour? I suggest OP not to listen and only rely on the facts that come from the real experiences of players instead of some calculators data.
    Quote from WizArt

Are you saying that im lying that I only had 1k dps increase when I swapped Innas belt for witching hour? I suggest OP not to listen and only rely on the facts that come from the real experiences of players instead of some calculators data.

Are you lying? The fuck I care if you do, honestly. I do not agree with your statement that Witching Hour, often considered BIS for DPS, can be outdone by Inna's Favor.
    My simulations, both in D3UP.com and Dretar's spreadsheet, clearly support my position. Mind you Dretar's spreadsheet is quite well known and accepted around DH community.
    I have also simulated your gear in D3UP.com calculator to get approximately 2.5k DPS increase when using Witching Hour (this includes loss of 130 DEX from Inna's 2P bonus).

OP: If you contact me in game, I can borrow you Inna's belt to check the change yourself. However, since Inna's 3P bonus has no benefit to DH, you will clearly lose DPS by this switch.
    I dont know if or what Nat's pieces you have but you can easily get 2P bonus by using boots and ring. It might require careful planning, or enough gold to spend, as both your current pieces in those slots are solid. Anyway, there is no point in going for Nat's 3P bonus as it is basically the same as 2P Inna's bonus. You will want to keep Inna's Temperance in all cases as they are indisputably BIS. Since you already have 1 piece of Inna's set on you, it might allow you more flexibility to use 2nd Inna's piece to achieve the set bonus.
    Baron is right...Innas belt is no option cuz op already using 2pc innas(chest+pants). According to http://theasiangamer.com/d3-damage-calculator/ op would loose like 10k dps(without follower buff) and comparable dex on both belts. So pls stop telling him switching to innas belt.
    Ok, 2,5k dps.. that is no way worth the money one would spend for the witching hour.. I understand that OP already has it but to those that dont it is definitely not worth it. Good witching hours go for like 500-700m.
    Quote from WizArt

Ok, 2,5k dps.. that is no way worth the money one would spend for the witching hour.. I understand that OP already has it but to those that dont it is definitely not worth it. Good witching hours go for like 500-700m.

I'd say you can find a decent one for 150-200m easily...but that ofcourse differs if you only go for dex, dex/vit or dex/vit/ar...
    700m WH's are passed...prices have dropped tremendously..
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes