What to upgrade?

Hey!

I know that this is not the most original thread, but I'm kinda stuck now at gearing my DH:http://eu.battle.net...621/hero/803016

I'm stuck at farming MP2, can't hold damage on higher monster power levels. What can you guys recommend me to upgrade now? It looks like every other item with any decent +allres and some damage stat costs close to 20-30M.

Also I'd like to ask what stats I need to try Machine event with somebody. I've farmed two machines and I'd like to try crafting the ring now, but I'm afraid that I won't be "pulling my weight" in multiplayer game.
    Neck, the rare ring and helm arent that great. I would replace those first. Im realy sure you dont have to spend a fortune on better pieces. Other then that i would try to get bracers and gloves with at least some vit on em. Not sure about us servers but prieces on eu are kinda low for decent stuff.
    Words of wisdom: Don't follow the advice of people who won't have to deal with the consequences.
    I would say get Nats chest and Nats boots with good rolls for 2 piece. This would net you 7% crit and better stats than the ones you have(also an extra socket). You can get cheap versions of either of those for under a mil and decent ones for around 5 mil each. If you have the gold get the decent ones. If not farm more?
    I'm on EU server, guys.

Quote from recreant359

I would say get Nats chest and Nats boots with good rolls for 2 piece. This would net you 7% crit and better stats than the ones you have(also an extra socket). You can get cheap versions of either of those for under a mil and decent ones for around 5 mil each. If you have the gold get the decent ones. If not farm more?

Nat's boots cost 5M and more, and for that I'll get -70 dex, -120 vit, and +80 resistance. Is it really worth it?
    I think that it'll be better to buy Nat's Chest and Helm for a 2PC bonus, 'cause this way I won't loose health and gain some damage.
    Or do you mean old Nat set?

Quote from Shinna1989

Neck, the rare ring and helm arent that great. I would replace those first. Im realy sure you dont have to spend a fortune on better pieces. Other then that i would try to get bracers and gloves with at least some vit on em. Not sure about us servers but prieces on eu are kinda low for decent stuff.

I'm aiming to replace rare ring with Hellfire ring. Replacing gloves is hard 'cause they give me a lot of damage stats, and similar gloves with vit cost too much. I've bought a nice neck with 288 vit and slightly better dex and crit, 11k health sure helps.
    Is replacing my head and chest with new Nat a good idea?
    Quote from Eveigh

I'm on EU server, guys.

I'm aiming to replace rare ring with Hellfire ring. Replacing gloves is hard 'cause they give me a lot of damage stats, and similar gloves with vit cost too much. I've bought a nice neck with 288 vit and slightly better dex and crit, 11k health sure helps.
    Is replacing my head and chest with new Nat a good idea?

If nats helm and chest is worth it depends on your goals and budget. ATM you are realy low on resistens and havin no items with +max disc. I assume you have to use prep kinda soon cuz running outta disc. I would try to balance your whole gearset better in terms of stats/resistens and max disc. Dont buy items that just pop on the ah and seems cheap to you. Make up your mind what you wanne achieve on which slot and safe your gold and buy things you wont replace again kinda soon.

Farming MP2 isnt that bad at all. All you "loose" compared to higher mp is some mf/gf/bonus xp. So might keep farming till you can afford 2 or maybe 3 upgrades at once and improve your whole gearset. Either in terms of dmg or survivability(higher resistens/vitality).

For me nats 4pc is worth buying it. 7% crit+130dex and +20max disc are realy nice to have. See it this way. The 2pc bonus gives you room for not havin a helm and a ring with crit chance on em.(in terms of dmg it would be nice if both nats pieces would carry crit chance on em as well). The 3pc bonus gives some room for buying a chest and boots with lower dex compared to other pieces. So in the end you trade some dps stats for +20max disc. Its like trading some raw dmg for survivability. But again it depends on your budget and personal goals what you wanne achieve and willing to farm/spend on gold.
    Words of wisdom: Don't follow the advice of people who won't have to deal with the consequences.
    Quote from Shinna1989

If nats helm and chest is worth it depends on your goals and budget. ATM you are realy low on resistens and havin no items with +max disc. I assume you have to use prep kinda soon cuz running outta disc. I would try to balance your whole gearset better in terms of stats/resistens and max disc. Dont buy items that just pop on the ah and seems cheap to you. Make up your mind what you wanne achieve on which slot and safe your gold and buy things you wont replace again kinda soon.

How much resistances would you recommend? Around 300? 400?

For me nats 4pc is worth buying it. 7% crit+130dex and +20max disc are realy nice to have. See it this way. The 2pc bonus gives you room for not havin a helm and a ring with crit chance on em.(in terms of dmg it would be nice if both nats pieces would carry crit chance on em as well). The 3pc bonus gives some room for buying a chest and boots with lower dex compared to other pieces. So in the end you trade some dps stats for +20max disc. Its like trading some raw dmg for survivability. But again it depends on your budget and personal goals what you wanne achieve and willing to farm/spend on gold.

I can afford buying 3pc (helm+chest+boots) right now without great rolls, that would give me some damage (according to spreadsheet around 6k), but low EHP (again, according to spreadsheet). Sure, buying 4th piece will be great, but that ring costs like 15M with decent roll on AH. Should I go for it? Should I look for 8-10 disc on Nat's chest? I never ran with more than 30 disc so I dunno how much it helps. If it is really good, should I sell my shitty SoJ and quiver and buy them with +disc?

Farming MP2 isnt that bad at all. All you "loose" compared to higher mp is some mf/gf/bonus xp. So might keep farming till you can afford 2 or maybe 3 upgrades at once and improve your whole gearset. Either in terms of dmg or survivability(higher resistens/vitality).

Yeah, I know, but I'd like to do it with more efficiency. Also I'd like to run Machine event on higher MP for additional drop chances.
    Quote from Eveigh

Quote from Shinna1989

How much resistances would you recommend? Around 300? 400?

I can afford buying 3pc (helm+chest+boots) right now without great rolls, that would give me some damage (according to spreadsheet around 6k), but low EHP (again, according to spreadsheet). Sure, buying 4th piece will be great, but that ring costs like 15M with decent roll on AH. Should I go for it? Should I look for 8-10 disc on Nat's chest? I never ran with more than 30 disc so I dunno how much it helps. If it is really good, should I sell my shitty SoJ and quiver and buy them with +disc?

Yeah, I know, but I'd like to do it with more efficiency. Also I'd like to run Machine event on higher MP for additional drop chances.

dont buy a nats helm as andys is better and cheaper. get nats boots and ring; even if it lowers those stats like you said that is nothing compared to 7% crit chance. Crit chance and crit dam are our primary stats by far.
    Quote from recreant359

dont buy a nats helm as andys is better and cheaper. get nats boots and ring; even if it lowers those stats like you said that is nothing compared to 7% crit chance. Crit chance and crit dam are our primary stats by far.

A dead dh deals no dmg....Simple as that. Its about to balance your survivability and dmg output. With just 30 disc its hard to play anything above mp5. Thats my own experience since you are running out of disc way too fast - no matter if you sacrifice dmg passives for things like nightstalker and/or vengeance(with mediocre/decent gear, not talking about gear worth billions). You need like 7 healthglobes just to get enough disc from vengeance to use shadowpower again...ATM im running a gearset with +9 disc from quiver and another +9 from SoJ(realy realy strong ring for anything above mp7 and uebers) and still feels sometimes like havin not enough disc.

Sure a nats helm with vit and at least 3% cc isnt that cheap, sure a good rolled nats chest cost more then 10mil and not to mention a well rolled nats ring. But havin +20disc from 4pc is worth loosing some dmg.
    Thanks a lot guys.
    I've bought 3pc Nat's set and SoJ with +Disc bonus.
    This gave a little damage but quite a boost in survivability - 400 phys res and 300 all res sure helped. The additional disc bonus isn't bad also, but I'm not sure it is worth to buy Nat's ring for another +10 disc compared to SoJ.
    Anyway, thanks again for the help guys.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes