Crafting Rare 6 Property Gloves

I have the plan for the 6 property gloves, and now I'm wondering, is it worth spending lots of gold and materials in an attempt to craft (near) perfect 6-property lvl63 gloves, or am I better off saving the gold and buying such gloves off the AH?

Check my profile to see the gloves I'm currently wearing. They're already pretty good (they were darn expensive) so I'm wondering what the odds are of crafting anything better.
    Pretty low....
    Max ilvl you can craft is 62...
    Max ilvl you craft is 62? Crap...
    Tbh i dont even see the point in using the crafting system.. its too expensive and the chance to get something good is way to low to even be slightly worth it.. Never ever used it, and i dont know why and if some ppl even use it.. xD

To me it seems like a good leveling thing though. Too bad they made leveling so fucking boring. This game is all about end game.
    Levelling is fun with MP10 switched on, but it takes about a day... hardly worth crafting anything for a levelling alt when he will wear it for no more than a few hours.
    Crafting might be the worst mechanic in the game right now. They need to have ilvl 63 patterns, and lower the cost, since it's already baked into getting the materials.

I have the plan for the 6 property gloves, and now I'm wondering, is it worth spending lots of gold and materials in an attempt to craft (near) perfect 6-property lvl63 gloves, or am I better off saving the gold and buying such gloves off the AH?

Check my profile to see the gloves I'm currently wearing. They're already pretty good (they were darn expensive) so I'm wondering what the odds are of crafting anything better.

The chance for you to get better gloves out of crafting, considered that you already have trifecta gloves with dex, are probably about as high as Romney winning the poll in DC tonight.
    What ever stuff I can't get sold on the AH and is returned to me I salvage and when I reach 28 essence I make a pair of gloves just because the chance of dex/cc/chd/ias gloves. Sure the odds ain't that big but it's like tops a pair of gloves every other day and for the small cost of ~80k it's worth the chance imo.
    Crafting is useless since 1.04..

/em wonders when Blizzard realize that...
    What they need to do is remove the crafting fee. Blacksmithing as it is now costs two-folded first you pay gold to salvage the item (selling price, since you could sell the item and get gold) and then you pay to craft a item. IMO to make Blacksmithing useful and worth spending time on they need to remove the craft cost entirely and just have it cost is salvage materials.

Crafting is useless since 1.04..

/em wonders when Blizzard realize that...

How was it useful before 1.0.5?

How was it useful before 1.0.5?

Guaranteed 6 affixes vs. so many 4 affix drops. Pre 1.05 most of the good gloves on the ah were crafted lv62s.
    Words of wisdom: Don't follow the advice of people who won't have to deal with the consequences.

What ever stuff I can't get sold on the AH and is returned to me I salvage and when I reach 28 essence I make a pair of gloves just because the chance of dex/cc/chd/ias gloves. Sure the odds ain't that big but it's like tops a pair of gloves every other day and for the small cost of ~80k it's worth the chance imo.

If you do that 2 times a day for 2 weeks you will waste exactly 2,240,000 gold and get nothing at all in return, also you will loose roughly about 55k from the unsold/salvaged items alone.

Dudes seriously... crafting has no chance at all to ever be even remotely usefull again if it remains at the current design.
    Only reason it was used before 1.04 was because ilvl63 gear was actually challenging to get...so many people resorted to crafting in hopes of getting a usefull item that might allow them to go farm ilvl63s...
    No wonder the recipes that were most valuable were boots, gloves and bracers... those three gear pieces are the hardest to get the best possible affix combinations.
    Even the legendary ones followed this pattern, Sage's Grasp and Boots were almost "BIS" for everyone seeking entrance lvl gear for inferno...

04 legy pump broke that logic to pieces, 05 with insane drop rates just literally kicked the dumpster for shits and giggles...

Removing the cost wont revive it at all.. The system itself is pretty cool, but way too poorly implemented to begin with.

What it needs is combination mechanics for gems/gear recipes and more recipes. A lot more recipes, i dare even say that every legendary item in the game should have a recipe for crafting, making them really valuable and costly to use in terms of materials for crafting.

Also aside from that there should be somewhere within this system the capability of adding sockets to gears at the expense of special materials like those hell fire ring pieces for eg.
    I bet people would have a blast crafting/farming until they aquired the means to turn their waeapon of choince into a 3 socketed piece waiting for....
    ...Runewords that had to use the crafting system somehow, like let say, to get an specific rune you would need to craft a baser one, combine a bunch of stuff to another bunch of stuff and then craft the new one and so forth.

Heck this game has so much fun potential, it is actually kind of a let down to see it has already advanced so much since may but is still far away from what it could have been from the start...

If you do that 2 times a day for 2 weeks you will waste exactly 2,240,000 gold and get nothing at all in return, also you will loose roughly about 55k from the unsold/salvaged items alone.

I wrote every other day which ends up with one pair of gloves in two days, which is 3-4 gloves / week. Now that's ~640k in two weeks, which imo is something I pick up from the ground in a day or two.
    Lots of reasons why crafting is dead in 1.0.5 were already stated, however, there is another big one still missing: crafted items do not follow the same affix rolling principles introduced in 1.0.5 as dropped items. Crafted item ilvl62 will still have its affix restricted to ilvl62.

I definitely would support redesign of crafting in next content patch to include adding sockets to weapons and armor and other improvements. Sockets are so important on certain pieces of gear that not having them makes the weapon go from GREAT to SHIT in 1 second--good example are weapons, helms and to some extent chest/leg without max amount of sockets. The cost of adding socket should be significant and only work till maximum limit per item, ie. weapons could have 1, chest piece 3 and legs 2 at max. My idea of price would be something like Perfect Star gem, ie. 4-5 mil. a piece.
    That would in turn mean that every godly item went from godly to crap..

Lots of reasons why crafting is dead in 1.0.5 were already stated, however, there is another big one still missing: crafted items do not follow the same affix rolling principles introduced in 1.0.5 as dropped items. Crafted item ilvl62 will still have its affix restricted to ilvl62.

I definitely would support redesign of crafting in next content patch to include adding sockets to weapons and armor and other improvements. Sockets are so important on certain pieces of gear that not having them makes the weapon go from GREAT to SHIT in 1 second--good example are weapons, helms and to some extent chest/leg without max amount of sockets. The cost of adding socket should be significant and only work till maximum limit per item, ie. weapons could have 1, chest piece 3 and legs 2 at max. My idea of price would be something like Perfect Star gem, ie. 4-5 mil. a piece.

Im not a fan of this, I think the idea of sockets all together is broke, for the reason you said above, you can have awesome stats and if there is no socket it ruins the items almost 99% of the time. The worst part being weapons, since everything scales off them and crit dmg is so important a weapon without a socket is practically junk. I had it when I have a bunch of ilv 63 weapons in my inventory and just by identifying them if you dont see a socket you can vendor without even looking at it. This isnt 100% of the time but it way more often then not.

I would like to see sockets gone personally, but they far too ingrained in itemization now to do it. I hate doing this, but sockets in D2 where awesome. They added value to the second worst garbage item in the game (whites) to make runewords, there fore adding diversity to range of items that where worth something. In D3 they do the exact opposite of what they did in D2, and actually restrict variety. I blame activision, lol.
    Well i still pickup blues, it's not the fastest, but gives a load of materials ... And I craft gloves

In around 300-500 craft's I made 4 decent pair ... But this is random and pure luck

- 180 strength/vitality/65 all ress/8 crit/32 crit damage
    - my current gloves, which have 150+ dex/vitality/ attack speed/crit/crit damage
    - a 200+ dex/vit/18mf/8crit/32crit damage (for my mf set)

and some pairs that sold for around 250-500k. All in all I dit not loose money at all. But it is very random, you might never see the attack speed/crit/crit damage roll evenn. You never know. If you are not picking up blues, do not bother, unless you have millions to waste. I know these gloves aren't the uber but they will do for now for me at least
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes