LF help from top demon hunters...

Hi, i get to point where my gear is startin to be nice, but i get struggled with my upgrades, i know i can upgrade my amu, ring and gloves (if u have some idea how i will be happy :)

But the main question prob is: should i upgrade my old nataly set or try to aim for new one?

with my upgrades.. im aiming for at least 100m to have and after that im startin to look for upgrades...

can anyone help me with some theory, personal experience etc.. thx a lot :)
    ad1) link to my profile is in my sig

ad2) would like to keep or improve my dps while havin more resists and hp...to make my runs more effective
    Frankly your gear seems already godly to me so the only improvements you would get will be very expensive.
    Anyway i think you can already steamroll act3 i believe so wait a bit for Monster power set the level high and see if u can get any upgrade. ;)

p.s. i wish i had ur gear :(
    Until there is another disc regen option NEVER get rid of Legacy Nat's set unless it's one of the worst rolled ever then still consider keeping it.

Until the patch is live I wouldn't make any drastic moves. Well, unless you are a slave to ToC vault, then you might want to consider how you will actually play like a DH instead of a bowling ball.
    Conform or be cast out.

My Demon Hunter: http://tinyurl.com/anufqzj

Demon Hunter spreadsheet by Dretar http://www.diablofans.com/topic/46517-demon-hunter-dps-calculator/
    Quote from martysuchy
    But the main question prob is: should i upgrade my old nataly set or try to aim for new one?

It would be a noticeable upgrade (helmet +4.5% crit, chest with +disc and a bunch of additional health, ring with either more defense or offense, boots with ~ +100 dex), but considering that mobs will be tougher with 1.0.5 (at higher monster- or powerlevel whatever they'll end up calling it) i'd stick with old Nats for now and see how things turn out. Sitting at "only" 70ish disc might not be enough even with Nightstalker to play as fluent as you can now. You got some outstanding old pieces there so no worry about inflation, they'll only rise in value if you really want to swap them out.

Reasonable upgrade slots:
    wrists (missing resists)
    amulet (only 3 useful stats)

Unreasonable (overpriced!?) upgrade slots:
    Witching Hour (getting a decently rolled is just absurdly expensive and might only be a sidegrade for you in the end)
    Innas Pants (with resists or dex/vita roll)
    weapon (2 sockets Manticore or at least "some" stats on top of crit damage + socket; a working piece with lifeleach could be nice when mobs won't die in seconds and you end up kiting them again without the constant healthglobe or life after each kill - heal)
    gloves (you want some with one additional stat like resist or attack speed but those cost a fortune)
    Quote from Analogkid

Well, unless you are a slave to ToC vault, then you might want to consider how you will actually play like a DH instead of a bowling ball.

actually im not slave of toc, i just use it cuz its op now and mainly use it as an escape mechanism with some dmg as a bonus.. :) and of course with my passive and old nataly i can keep myself at rly high movement speed as long as i want..
    Quote from ballon

Reasonable upgrade slots:
    wrists (missing resists)
    amulet (only 3 useful stats)

im lookin for wrists with all res for rly long time, havent seen any in ah.. i need to keep or i wish to keep dex and crit and have to keep vit on it

amu - i know, im just not sure if aim for 150dex, 100vit, crit + crit dmg or just dex with resists instead of vit... that ones with ias are rly expensive.

anyway thx for quick answers and good notes

will deffinitely wait till 1.0.5 hits and see how the things will be, then start this topic again with more accurate questions :D

(sry for my english, its not my native language)
    The wrist definitely. Then gradually replace gears with the same legendary with better stats like all res. Also, try to get increase pickup radius on some items..... It saves me so much time and concentration. Same deal with increase health globe regeneration, though that's not so necessary.

I would wait until after the patch though. Never know what you'll need then.

I also think you don't need bat companion with multi shot - fire at will as your sole hatred spender. I had mine swapped out for Rain of Vengeance - Beastly Bomb. It works out well.
    Quote from Babel

The wrist definitely. Then gradually replace gears with the same legendary with better stats like all res. Also, try to get increase pickup radius on some items..... It saves me so much time and concentration. Same deal with increase health globe regeneration, though that's not so necessary.

I also think you don't need bat companion with multi shot - fire at will as your sole hatred spender. I had mine swapped out for Rain of Vengeance - Beastly Bomb. It works out well.

y, as i already said, havent seen those wrists with all res on ah for rly long time...

i actually use bat cuz im doin xp runs alakizer style, that means im doin rly fast runs of few areas and im usin multishot as my main attack cuz i can oneshot almost everthin with just very little stops in my vault speed run, for party play i use bombs or cluster instead of bat for nukin elites...

the thing is im that after that lowering of dmg reduction on gloom im afraid i wont be able to stand elites on higher diff lvl (that new monster power), of course we dont know how it will be, but those are just my worries..
    Quote from martysuchy

Quote from Babel

y, as i already said, havent seen those wrists with all res on ah for rly long time...

i actually use bat cuz im doin xp runs alakizer style, that means im doin rly fast runs of few areas and im usin multishot as my main attack cuz i can oneshot almost everthin with just very little stops in my vault speed run, for party play i use bombs or cluster instead of bat for nukin elites...

If you're doing the alkaizer route, I find that using Vengeance is generally more beneficial than bats. The rate you pick up health orbs will fill your hatred more than a bat will. It also helps with the slight discipline regen as well. Try it out, maybe you'll like it!
    Quote from Babel

If you're doing the alkaizer route, I find that using Vengeance is generally more beneficial than bats. The rate you pick up health orbs will fill your hatred more than a bat will. It also helps with the slight discipline regen as well. Try it out, maybe you'll like it!

thx, already tried, but i prefer tactical advantage for my movement speed atm, and wanna keep my other two passives for dmg increase. it will deffinitely change when 1.0.5 hits with toc nerf
    4 Babel: just tried spec with beastly bombs and vengeance more deeply, and i pretty like that :) thx for advice
    Don't think vengeance in your build is very useful without pickup range, i prefer nightstalker to that.

About new nat vs old nat. Think with monster power level speed won't be useful alot since you wont be able to oneshot whitemobs, therefore you'll need more damage, and new nat got alot more damage than old one, +resists and survivabilty. You won't replace your old one with new with 100mil tho, to buy decent pieces you need around 500mil. That's my theorycrafting so dont take it as guideline. You always can wait for next patch and decide for yourself.

My profile if you're interested http://eu.battle.net...24/hero/1627921 (saving for good nat boots atm, need around 200mil >.
    Quote from n0c0

Don't think vengeance in your build is very useful without pickup range, i prefer nightstalker to that.

About new nat vs old nat. Think with monster power level speed won't be useful alot since you wont be able to oneshot whitemobs, therefore you'll need more damage, and new nat got alot more damage than old one, +resists and survivabilty. You won't replace your old one with new with 100mil tho, to buy decent pieces you need around 500mil. That's my theorycrafting so dont take it as guideline. You always can wait for next patch and decide for yourself.

My profile if you're interested http://eu.battle.net...24/hero/1627921 (saving for good nat boots atm, need around 200mil >.

Thx for feedback :) rly appreciate all feedbacks
    So...
    1) i think on higher monster power u cannot oneshot monsters even with new nat so discipl regen will maybe be even more usefull..
    2)about vengeance, i use it mainly for hatred regen, cuz im doing alkaizer xp runs with multishot
    3)100mil is my min budget to buy 1item
    4l for sure im goin to wait for patch b4 any upgrades, just wanted to hear some points from fellow DHs
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes