Elites Reflect damage with DH

Hello dear Diabloians, or whatever :P

Last week I started playing again because there is a reason for it now. As a DH I can't really do anything with reflect elites but shoot myself to death and hope for a globe or a miracle. I have the preparation with heal, but even then I can't really stay alive.

How do you deal with reflect on elites and what can you do about it to lower the effect.

thankyou
    Not Play glass cannon
    Play with a friend, and trick him into unloading on the mob. Then teabag him, and Alt + F4.
    1337 posts and this is your respons :P

Well, i'm not really a glass canon for I have 50k health and 350 resist all. If you deal epic damage you get epic damage back :S is there a way to reduce that damage
    Gloom

edit : btw, when u deal EPIC damage, i cant rly figure out, HOW u cant kill pack during at least 6SS (assuming u gear correctly)...there can always be a problem between screen and chair
    Gloom works fine, but it is not as useful as a replacement for SS
    50k hp might be too much, try get more armor/resist (in 10/1 ratio)
    also LoH help a lot on reflect dam affix

it would help to have more info to help you like spec, what act your doing, or dps
    This is what I do, I get a decent range, I press SS and burst for 1.5 seconds, run away, rinse repeat... I have 100k dps though :\
    Eikcam#2222 - Add me if you need help. Free service when I'm online and not busy.
    Any Inferno MP level.
    Constantly switching between Strafe Runs and Rapid Fire build.
    Low MP fast runs are Strafe Runs, High MP are Life Steal Rapid Fire runs.
    http://eu.battle.net...222/hero/739898
    I used to laugh at DHs killing themselves on reflect (i confess). Now I find i'm doing the same thing with archon explosion. Oh, the irony.

Gloom works fine, but it is not as useful as a replacement for SS

Gloom lasts twice and long and effectively keeps you alive in the same way SS does against reflect damage, so it's definitely better. I don't even use SS anymore and I'm still a 20k HP 250 AR glass cannon.
    Reflect is fine, you just have to slow your DPS down a bit, keep a careful eye on your HP and stop to pop a heal when you're too low. Kite and play for time until your CDs are back up.

I mean sheesh, all reflect does is make you use your brain a bit.

Last week I started playing again because there is a reason for it now. As a DH I can't really do anything with reflect elites but shoot myself to death and hope for a globe or a miracle. I have the preparation with heal, but even then I can't really stay alive.

How do you deal with reflect on elites and what can you do about it to lower the effect.

thankyou

As others say dont play glasscannon and in worset case senario buy a LoH wep to swap to or get one you can use.

thankyou

What he said^^ I had the same problem. Just go to the AH and pick up a couple of cheap 720DPS crossbows with 500 LoH or 1.5% Life Steal or something. When I encounter a reflect pack, I just swap the weapons on the run and it's enough to keep me topped off while still doing decent damage.
    With 50k hp, you should have little trouble with damage reflect elites unless there are other annoying affixes. I use a build with Impale and Smoke Screen, therefore, I always unload on the pack with 100% stacked Sharpshooter and Smoke Screen on. That usually means 1 champion of the pack, or 2 minions, area near death or dead. Some other basic rules of engagement: (1) Focus fire 1 target & pick up health globe, (2) If using Sharpshooter dont use hatred generator unless you need hatred, stack up crit buff and unload under Smoke Screen and (3) dont be cheap, use health potions early to get them back later if needed.

For those posting about Shadow Power: Gloom, it is very useful for damage reflect but no way near the usefulness of Smoke Screen on other packs. Gloom will not break jailer, wont let you avoid freeze or arcane sentries and much more. Unless a player has a build (and gear) tailored for tanking with Gloom, it is moot suggestion to promote Gloom as it wont do much good to him and waste a skill slot.

This is what I do, I get a decent range, I press SS and burst for 1.5 seconds, run away, rinse repeat... I have 100k dps though :\

This is what I do as well. You just have to time your SS to hit at the same time you deal damage. It's a tad more difficult to control now as trail of cinder delivers 1500% wep dmg as you vault away. I also agree that SS is a better choice than Gloom since you can use it in a simular way and yet have more options. I have 136k dps and do get surprised by elites with reflect when I go all in before I see their affixes. Still as stated you just have to use your brain and be careful. With the current nerf to elites I actually like the challange they give, unless there 3-4 of them in a row. Ponnies seem to always have 3 out of 5 with this affix.
    Remember that the reflect affix is not active all the time, sometimes you can nuke them down and your hp won't move. As for when the affix is active, its more or less more that has already been told, Gloom them down.

Remember that the reflect affix is not active all the time, sometimes you can nuke them down and your hp won't move. As for when the affix is active, its more or less more that has already been told, Gloom them down.

Are you serious? How do you tell? (assuming you're not trolling)
    he's trolling
    Gloom heals me for a significant amount against reflect, its very good. I'm at 35k hp/400ish res/4.2k armor and 72k dps w/o sharpshooter (mediocre gear to be quite honest). With the amount of HP and resists, Gloom would probably be better than SS for you. I use both gloom and SS, but only SS to break a CC usually or to escape a rare waller pack. If you plan on using gloom/SS build, then nat's legacy 4set is very nice, or at least a quiver and cloak with +disc on them. I have 48 disc and rarely find myself without it since nightstalker keeps me pretty much topped off, and if I must then I have prep.

Are you serious? How do you tell? (assuming you're not trolling)

Pretty sure he's not, I have seen posts regarding this as well but I find it difficult to tell.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes