Would you keep this bow or sell it in the ah?

Hello everybody, after a wave of bad luck I recently looted this great bow but since I am somewhat recent to Diablo I asked around how much this bow would be worth and immediately received offers higher than 100M for it. However, I am a demon hunter myself and just gained 20k dps for using the bow, which is quite an insane upgrade for me.

Now, my problem is that I am quite broke and considering the offers I am receiving for the bow, I think I could get a really insane amount of money if I put it in the ah. With this money I could probably upgrade every other item I have an buy myself a pretty decent weapon too. On the other hand, the chances of getting my hands on another weapon of this kind are pretty slim and I doubt I would ever loot something as good as this again, so that's what's making me think twice about selling it.

What would you do if you were in my position?

Bow stats: http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/9049/bowm.png
    I would keep the bow - ultimately, if it is a huge upgrade in DPS, it means you can farm much faster and potentially get more good drops in a shorter span of time to sell.

That said, the bow is amazing but by no means the absolute best you can get (I think about the best possible 2h crossbow would be 1400 dps with 100% base crit, socket, dex and some other stats depending on your build). Do a check on the AH for bows of similar stats and see how much they're going for, and see if it's worth selling for what people are offering you (and be wary of scammers, there are a few rather prolific scammers who will offer you exorbitant amounts and cheat you out of your item, make sure to do a forum search of their names).

Let's say your current best offer is 100m and you can buy a similar bow for 30m that's maybe 5000 dps lower. To me that would be well worth it as the 70m could get you a ton of other stuff that will more than make up for the loss of DPS from the bow.
    I checked the ah a few hours ago and there were 2 or 3 1300 dps bows but they either had no crit dmg and no socket or no socket, no dexterity and 40/50 natural crit dmg. The 1200 dps bows were quite inferior to mine so I won't bother mentioning them. One of the 1200dps had a 20M starting big/250M buy out, the other one had a 100M starting big/300M buy out. The 1300dps ones had higher bids. I don't know, I think my bow is still superior to the 1300 dps ones simply because it has decent dexterity and an empty socket, which means you could get way higher crit dmg compared to the 1300dps ones in the ah that had no dexterity or no crit dmg at all.

I am thinking about keeping it for a while, my act 2 farming went way faster today because of it and I got some decent level 63 weapons to sell. I am keeping my options open for now however, I can't shake this feeling that I could get something really high out of it in the ah. But then, when I think about it, isn't Diablo all about having the best gear possible for your character? The chances I will get something this good again are really low...
    Well if you want to make money sell it for a massive price and buy a 1k bow for a fraction of that. The difference while playing won't be dramatic and you'll make heaps off the sale.

Remember that as time goes on more and more people will find these items and as they get more common and people get richer the price will plummet. If you want some gold/RMAH $$$ now is the time to sell.

Think of it this way: if you have a bow this awesome then what's left to look for in the game? :P
    ^^But if you sell all the ├╝ber items you find, then.....:P
    Quote from Mormolyce

Well if you want to make money sell it for a massive price and buy a 1k bow for a fraction of that. The difference while playing won't be dramatic and you'll make heaps off the sale.

Remember that as time goes on more and more people will find these items and as they get more common and people get richer the price will plummet. If you want some gold/RMAH $$$ now is the time to sell.

Think of it this way: if you have a bow this awesome then what's left to look for in the game? :P

This is bullshit.

Prices for high-end items are going up because of inflation, not down. Sure there's going to be more of them dropping over time, but at the same time more people will require getting those items because other items are no longer upgrades for them.

If you don't believe me, just look at prices in the past. Those weapons you're seeing for 100m+ in the AH right now went for like 10m a month ago.

Actually, items like this one are the best investment when you want to keep your value long-time. All those medium items which are worth like a million right now will not be worth any substantial amount in a while, at the same time high-end items like this one will keep their trade value.
    Sell it for 200M. Buy your girl something nice. Live the moment if you can buy substantial upgrades now which makes your gameplay much more enjoyable. 1 "godly weapon" and 1400 dex/10% crit/150% crit dmg would be a sad experience.

Or put it on the RMAH, and at least say you got your money back and more [for those who end up quitting, lol].
    -leirissa | battle.net vanboon#1499 | lvl 60 dh - 4/4 inferno 6/9/12
    profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/vanboon-1499/hero/3962228
    http://i.imgur.com/8AfIp.jpg 4/4pc natalyza dps: 73k (w/o ss), dex: 1967, health: 22k, resist: ~150, mf: 90%/261%
    Quote from GT4

Quote from Mormolyce

This is bullshit.

Prices for high-end items are going up because of inflation, not down. Sure there's going to be more of them dropping over time, but at the same time more people will require getting those items because other items are no longer upgrades for them.

If you don't believe me, just look at prices in the past. Those weapons you're seeing for 100m+ in the AH right now went for like 10m a month ago.

Actually, items like this one are the best investment when you want to keep your value long-time. All those medium items which are worth like a million right now will not be worth any substantial amount in a while, at the same time high-end items like this one will keep their trade value.

The really good items are going to hold in value. The godly items have risen in price exponentially to insane inflated value. I'm not sure it's inflation so more than supply and demand. That and everyone has realize just how OP sockets are for weapons. This is the same for the 1h markets.
    The above average one can still sell for ok. I say you get medium value. Something bit farer (although still in the 10-20m range).
    Average item are a dime a dozen. Now you can find 1k dps weapons (not great stat, no socket, etc.) for <50k gold. I remember paying 1-7m for magic bows at one point, and those are near worthless now. I paid 25m for my 1289dps bow w/ 145dex. No crit damage. No socket. For the most part, still worth it because I've enjoyed it thoroughly for many many weeks already. I pretty vendor any 1k dps 2h bows unless they got a socket or [insane amount of dex, and even then, its meh].
    http://i.imgur.com/8AfIp.jpg 4/4pc natalyza dps: 73k (w/o ss), dex: 1967, health: 22k, resist: ~150, mf: 90%/261%
    Sell it for money. Lots of lovely money. Real money.

Buy enough gold for a good weapon. Buy a nice game or two with the rest.
    Quote from Curtarc1987

Hello everybody, after a wave of bad luck I recently looted this great bow but since I am somewhat recent to Diablo I asked around how much this bow would be worth and immediately received offers higher than 100M for it. However, I am a demon hunter myself and just gained 20k dps for using the bow, which is quite an insane upgrade for me.

Now, my problem is that I am quite broke and considering the offers I am receiving for the bow, I think I could get a really insane amount of money if I put it in the ah. With this money I could probably upgrade every other item I have an buy myself a pretty decent weapon too. On the other hand, the chances of getting my hands on another weapon of this kind are pretty slim and I doubt I would ever loot something as good as this again, so that's what's making me think twice about selling it.

Bow stats: http://img809.images...9/9049/bowm.png

Two days ago I dropped a crossbow that gave me the same dilemma as you. I dropped a 1293 dps bow with 83 crit damage and 5% attack speed. It was a 15k dps increase for me. Without much thought I decided to keep the bow as I probably won't find anything like it for some time.
    i'd sell it, with that money you can buy yourself a bit crappier bow and tons of other items that will not only increase your dps above the one you have with this bow but also increase your defensive stats (not sure if DHs want those though)
    Keep it and socket with life per hit while you get your crit gear up; excellent starter weapon and also resistant to nerfs because you can swap socket around / IAS will likely not be tweaked further.
    keep that bow, cuz ultimatley the point of the game is to get the best gear not them most gold. I beleive u have a better chance getting all new set of gear than getting a drop like that again.
    sell. you will easily earn those 20k dps from other stuff also.

no reason to use a golden hat if you wear condoms as shoes
    Game Designer - Micro Design
    I've decided to keep the bow. I spent the last days farming act 2 with it and I enjoyed the results a lot, plus I got a bit attached to the bow xD I have upgraded my gear with the gold I got from selling some decent loots in the ah and my character now has a bit more decent stats when compared to the time I got the bow: 70k dps(without SS), 40K hps, 400 AR. I still need to upgrade my crit damage since it's still too low compared to my crit chance but I don't want to rush things. I ultimately want to get enough money to buy myself a +100 crit dmg gem to put in the bow's socket, that might help a bit.

With that said, when I stop playing Diablo 3 there's a good chance I will sell my entire equipment in the RMAH, so the bow alone might still pay for the money I spent on Diablo and some other game perhaps.
    Congrats! Glad you're having fun.
    I would of rerolled double tornado barb with the proceeds lol :)
    Quote from Curtarc1987

Bow stats: http://img809.images...9/9049/bowm.png

Sell, definitely on the RMAH, before Blizzard posts the plans they have to buff legendaries and your bow might lose its value (it will sure do that after some time anyway - the thing about items in D3 is that they won't go out of the economy, meaning there will be more in the end). The gold AH is not a good idea, that one inflates (shame for me, I have never had more than 500k of gold; although I don't use the AH other than for selling ;)). The RMAH doesn't inflate I guess (unless the fed prints extra dollars) - the items on it will deflate because of fewer players, etc.

Use the money to buy something nice (It is Steam summer sale, so you can get some really good games for that money ;))
    Sell and get yourself better gear, also the prices of high-end gear will eventually fall. There are not that many people looking for high end items atm, and there's a lot of new people farming = more items to the economy, right now prices are going up, but I can guarantee that they will fall very soon.
    Wow, that's one crazy bow, one of the best I've ever seen. If I found that bow I would surely keep it, you have better chances of having an airplane fall on your head than finding such a neat item again.
    Keep it, farm and upgrade everything else slowly but surely
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes