2hand xbow or 2x1hand?

any ideas?? ive been struggling with this for awhile now
    www.Youtube.com/LastHopeForRaoha

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
    It comes down to:

Are you rich? (2H bow)
    or are you Super rich? (2x 1H bow)

Xbows have best gold per upgrade ration imo, but if I had a lot of gold (or USD) I would go with 2x 1hand
    I currently have a one hand xbox and quiver but have used two. It really comes down to the stats you need to survive and what piece they are on.
    Justame
    2 Xbow for Highest DPS. You are doing a lot of running and shooting in inferno, you want the shots that hit to be big.

With the 1 handers they are like pea shooters, and you need to stand and shoot them more times to get the same DPS.
    Wouldn't it be better to shorten crossbow with the term tbow? I keep seeing xbow and I keep thinking someone is talking about xbox. I hate how lazy the gaming community is with typing shit out. Like it's really that much faster anyway.

I love two handed weapons and wish there were better ones for my class.
    Quote from Siaynoq

Wouldn't it be better to shorten crossbow with the term tbow? I keep seeing xbow and I keep thinking someone is talking about xbox. I hate how lazy the gaming community is with typing shit out. Like it's really that much faster anyway.

Using T instead of X to represent "cross" is just as lazy either way.

On topic, In inferno I have to agree that the 2h would be better because you're moving more often and you can hit harder while moving. With the dual 1h you would have to stand still to get the same kind of damage output, which is obviously much more risky in terms of survivability.
    Moving to Demon Hunter forums.
    2h bow >> 2 × 1h xbow

Stat wise the edge of the 1 handers is the possibility to stack two time +200% crit dmg, which barely make up for the raw difference in dps.
    When you drop a weapon at maximum you can get 6 attributes. 2 of them are needed to directly increase the dps and 2 other are needed to possibly gain +200% crit dmg. Which means you have 2 slot left to gain dex / hatred regen / discipline. rolling (+300 dex uses two slots). Even with a max crit build in stationnary sustain dmg the 1 handers are around 0-8% better ,and that's without considering the Demon hunter skill bonus you can roll on the off hand/quiver which are much more flexible in term of attributes.

1 handers deplete hatred way faster than a 2h xbow for less dmg per hit (even strafe). Restricting the choice of your main dps attack. (5 Hatred chakram on a dw 1h xbow is fun thought)
    1 handers are less mobile than 2h xbow since you can move a little in between shots with a 2h without losing much dps.

Huummm, with two 1h you'll be somewhat forced to take archery mastery so less flexibility in passives.

And yes I find it sad

Still you can maybe manage a tanking build around a dw LoH and the high APS
    Quote from justame

I currently have a one hand xbox and quiver but have used two. It really comes down to the stats you need to survive and what piece they are on.

Should've bought a Playstation.
    Quote from Siaynoq

Pretty sure "x" as an abbreviation to the word "cross" has existed longer than gamer terminology for xbow.
    Just look at a railroad. It isn't laziness, it's just Pain in the English.

On Topic: My DH is only 40 atm since I've been leveling her as an alt on the side when I'm on a break at work. She uses a 2H XBOX :P and a Quiver. It seems Quivers always come equipped with Attack Speed. And I like my pew pews to be quick. Honestly, as stated earlier, unless you can afford it - I would just search for 1Hx2 and OF. See which one would give you what you're looking for and go with that. If you can't buy something right away, buy a cheap alternative until you can get what you're looking for. My Main in Wiz. So sometimes I go with a 2H and sometimes I go with a 1H+OF depending on which has the better overall stats.
    I believe 2x 1h's do indeed provide the highest DPS if you find 2x with similar damage/attack speed/etc. However, as a few have pointed out, with the way Inferno is right now, 2x 1h's require you to be stationary for a longer period of time to produce the same amount of damage one would be able to do with a 2h. 2x 1h's might actually be extremely good with high LoH/dex/attack speed/disc and a higher survivability build(high res/vitality/passives). But I think from a pure pewpew on the go perspective, bows or crossbows are the way to go.
    Right now not a lot of people are focussing on atk speed anymore so it's possible to not lose DPS at all while stutterstepping with dual wield hand crossbows. I've been more and more interested in the dual wielding in a balanced demon hunter setup and it's looking better and better.

Some benefits:
    Faster atk speed = more life on hit which is great in combination with gloom
    + discipline is also very nice as sometimes you just cant get a good chestpiece or quiver with every single stat you want for a normal price
    Faster animations sometimes saves you from the ''lag'' of a big 2 hand crossbow
    In the end have more dmg potential than 2 handers.

+10% crit from archery is also really nice. Imo it's worth more than crit dmg and easier to reach the point where you can replace Sharpshooter with something else and hardly lose DPS (or actually gain DPS depending on the other passive)

In the end it's not the big hit numbers that count but your global DPS. If you can manage the faster atk speed in stutterstepping it's actually much better. But with any weapon.. if you want a good one you'd have to pay the price
    Pair of 1H xbows are best. Period. The best possible DPS setup you can have is 2x 315 Dex Xbows, with 100% crit hit damage, and an open socket. Comparing this to 2h Xbow You have: 250% Crit hit damage, 515 Dex, 6% crit chance(guessing! don't know exact caps on quivers!) +10% whatever your main skill is damage vs 400% Crit hit damage, 630 Dex, 10% critical hit chance.

The difference is night and day. That being said, Those 1H xbows(90%+ crit hit damage 300+ dex, Open socket) go for in the area of 250M+. This isn't practical for most players. Remember, Dex+Crit hit damage+Crit is KING. Period. Regardless of your class, Regardless of your skill set, If you're looking to maximize DPS - You maximize Dex+Crit hit damage+Crit chance.
    Nope it's not the best dmg.

But lets take two extreme cases.
    Weapons will have high rolled +min-max dmg /+%dmg /+200 dex / +150 dex - +XXX vit or whatever / +100% crit dmg and socket +100%crit dmg.
    Quiver has +8.5 crit 200 dex total (with socket that's probably around 3 attribute slots) the other 2 slots are left open (could be dmg to elite or skill bonus but it doesn't matter much)

Gear one is low dex, archery passive is on, very high crit chance, caltrops, no more added crit dmg.

2h xbow 1450 dps raw 1500 dex 70% crit chance +300% crit dmg = 67k5 on paper
    dw 1h xbow 1100 dps raw 1650 dex 71.5%crit chance +450% crit dmg = 76k8 on paper

that's +13% dmg on paper as in same skill used stationary dps.

Gear two is with higher dex , archery passive on , very high crit chance , no caltrops , added high crit dmg from gear.

2h xbow 1450 dps raw 2000 dex 60% crit chance +483% crit dmg = 113k1 on paper
    dw 1h xbow 1100 dps raw 2150 dex 61.5%crit chance +633% crit dmg = 115k8 on paper

that's +2.5% dmg on paper still for the dw.

But it's only on the paper sheet, you have to take into account hatred and that you'll have less leeway with it. That the only skills with increased dmg benefits to crit are impale, strafe, and hungering strike.
    The faster APS makes it harder to hit and run without losing much dps.

And lastly that the quiver still can roll some very good attribute, to cover the paper difference and are damn cheap.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes