Smoke Screen bugged?

Is it me or is Smoke Screen bugged? A lot of the time I use it and demons still chase me and wait until the buff runs out before hitting me, or sometimes even, they hit me while I'm invisible...

/offtopic
    This and a couple of other really stupid bugs are really annoying me. Like Subjagator passive mortars having a blast radius similar to that of an atomic bomb - I don't remember it being like that last week! /offtopic
    Working as intended. The demons don't chase you, they move to the direction you were moving before they lost you. Also you can get hit by "aoe" abilities even in SS, for example dark berserker's long animation can still one shot you.

Working as intended. The demons don't chase you, they move to the direction you were moving before they lost you.

I'll look at that later. I seem to remember trying to go around one and it kept looking at me and changed direction. It was late though and I may have over-imagined it.
    I tested it extensively.

They followed me even while I ran the opposite way. They behaved as though I was not invisible at all. Although this only happens in public games where I'm the only one in aggro range. In single player this doesn't happen.
    This started happening when they reduced the duration of Smoke Screen. You normally don't notice it in Single Player because of your follower(Smoke Screen drops threat), but if in Coop, and your team mate is dead/not there, they continue to follow you. IIRC. that was one of the nerfs towards it.
    Monster AI sometimes doesn't update as it should, and it will follow you, that's why the Smoke Screen nerf hurt so much, not because of not being able to chain it and stand in fire, but because mobs will follow and kill you when it runs out. It's not uncommonly sloppy in Blizz games, just ask any Hunter in WoW about his adventures with Feign Death.

Raiden, that is not true. Under SS, you are completely invulnerable, to the point that even UI can bug out when you stand in dot effect (you don't loose health, but globe can reach 0 health and stay there even though you are alive). I don't count how many times I ate full Mortar salvo due to timed Smoke.
    I see, glad I wasn't going insane :)

They should change the description to not include the word "invisible" in it, in my opinion. Or make it work like it used to - one or the other!

They should change the description to not include the word "invisible" in it, in my opinion. Or make it work like it used to - one or the other!

A good way to combat this is getting lingering fog + tactical advantage. Giving you the ability to gaining extra range between you and the monster before the duration ends.
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/nugiyen-1382/

Looking for EU people to team up with - ( Only top of the line players from EU )
    is that a DH skill? guess i dont have anything to worry about :P
    I haver noticed this lately but i am not sure if the mobs continue chasing me or switch there attention to my follower that returns to my side as soon as i hit SS.

Behold, as a wild ass in the desert, go I forth to my work.

A good way to combat this is getting lingering fog + tactical advantage. Giving you the ability to gaining extra range between you and the monster before the duration ends.

I did think about it, but I lost too much damage overall. I've learned to always stay behind the one tanking them - always! Then they have to eat through him/her before they can get to me :P
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes