Belial Inferno Solo Guide 38k dps

Hi everyone.

I've been playing Diablo for a week now and I read a lot about people struggling to get act 2 done.
    This in mind I thought i should give it a try and create a guide on how I did it with my Demon Hunter.
    My equipment as far as I can tell sucks hard, i spent around 2,5mio on the auction house focusing only on offensive stats.
    My build in this video is not optimized for Belial but since it is my solo Infernal build i also wanted to kill Belial with it so that I am able to farm him.

I hope I can help some people with my vid and i would be pleased with some constructive criticism concerning my build :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1VbDpLqwO0
    Thanks for the Vidz bro' ! I guess that could help some DH stocked on him!
    Quote from Konoka

I have an idea. Lets every1 make a video of killing bosses solo and post them on youtube.

Go away, this video is great.
    I like how shitty the quality is so when ur showing ur stats all ur showing is blur.
    Also your going like I have shitty gear yet have 38k dps. That is not bad that is quite abit higher than what most people have at that point of the game and thats quite simply why u have to do fuck all kiting and just hide in a corner killing shit.
    I mean come on the fight is a joke on dh with anything above 30k dmg and I pretty much raped it so easily compared to how it was on my wizard. Nothing against u but come on better quality is not hard to achive and u didn't do the last phase that great ur just spamming ur abillities to avoid shit instead of just runnign and gunning which is quite easy
    Try killing this guy with 25k DPS and 30 disc, then you truly killed him with shitty gear
    You only spent 2.5mil? I have never even had over 500k on my toon.. >_>
    Quote from Zera

I mean come on the fight is a joke on dh with anything above 30k dmg and I pretty much raped it so easily compared to how it was on my wizard.

I have to agree its not the hardest fight ingame. But i dont think its hard for a wizard either. I found some videos on youtube where they just stand in the same corner with Archon Form nuking everything including Belial down. In the last phase they just place their hydra and dance around.

Quote from Zera

I Nothing against u but come on better quality is not hard to achive

I have to admit i realy messed up the quali. I used a bad codec and messed up the size of the project so that you have the black borders around the video. Iam sorry for that.
    I don't see your passives listed anywhere, do you think you could post them please?
    Good job!! I am not a big fan of evasive fire personally, I always feel like I'll flip back into another monster. :(

Interesting and creative build. I did this like 2 weeks ago with even shittier gear. Used mark of death of all things back then, LOL. :) Actually, mark of death/hatred regen is pretty decent on a lot of boss.
    -leirissa | battle.net vanboon#1499 | lvl 60 dh - 4/4 inferno 6/9/12
    profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/vanboon-1499/hero/3962228
    http://i.imgur.com/8AfIp.jpg 4/4pc natalyza dps: 73k (w/o ss), dex: 1967, health: 22k, resist: ~150, mf: 90%/261%
    Quote from Konoka

I have an idea. Lets every1 make a video of killing bosses solo and post them on youtube.

troll will always be a troll, dont like the op then dont reply/post

awesome video aswell for your gear and dps - ive come close to downing him on my own a few times but ultimately i havent returned to him since i had to group up to kill him with a monk and wd :(
    xox LoLa xox
    I don't know why people can't beat belial? He is exactly the same on all difficulties. In normal everything he does 1 shot you, in nightmare one shot you as same as in hell and inferno.

Just avoid everything which isn't hard as DH. Focus on bringing him down to 15% in phase 1 asap to avoid getting overwhelmed by serpents. Phase 2 is superb easy if you have some reflexes.
    Quote from Draaxx

I don't see your passives listed anywhere, do you think you could post them please?

Of course! As you can see this is my first youtube video i messed up big time :D
    I got Archery and Steady Aim for DPS
    And since this build contains the 3 Abilities for Tactical Advantage I naturaly made this my 3rd choice.
    Quote from leirissa

Good job!! I am not a big fan of evasive fire personally, I always feel like I'll flip back into another monster. :(

Thats a problem i also often encounter with evasive fire. But I like the benefits of this spell. Not only the surviveability but also that it can shoot over walls from champion mobs. It also can shoot over a variety of terrestial obstacles so its very useful for kiting without beeing in reech of mobs.
    Also with Tactical Advantage youve got a 2 second movement bonus for just 4 discipline, so when youre low on disc you still have something to help you move faster than mobs.
    Quote from Potfur

I don't know why people can't beat belial? He is exactly the same on all difficulties. In normal everything he does 1 shot you, in nightmare one shot you as same as in hell and inferno.

Just avoid everything which isn't hard as DH. Focus on bringing him down to 15% in phase 1 asap to avoid getting overwhelmed by serpents. Phase 2 is superb easy if you have some reflexes.

I don't think it's an incredibly hard fight, but can be pretty difficult with bad spawns in PH2. With the boss running amuck, trying to dodge fire waves, and killing doom vipers, it can be rather overwelming. The key is to burst the heck out of him in PH2 before you run into such dire situations, so that is why I prefer Mark of Death in PH2. PH3 is basically the beat boss/collect loot phase.

I remember doing this with crappy dps, and bad discipline (30/30) because I didn't know any better. Even tho I facerolled normal->hell, I actually had to learn the boss mechanics.
    -leirissa | battle.net vanboon#1499 | lvl 60 dh - 4/4 inferno 6/9/12
    profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/vanboon-1499/hero/3962228
    http://i.imgur.com/8AfIp.jpg 4/4pc natalyza dps: 73k (w/o ss), dex: 1967, health: 22k, resist: ~150, mf: 90%/261%
    What's up with the hate around here? Is it your Youtube server space filled with videos that you care whining about it? Every bit of help is good. If for nothingelse, you can check how you perform against video creator or get a glimps of what gear you need to do it.

To the OP:
    I have been struggling for a day or two with Belial but I have artificially delayed any serious attempts on him. I was able to get him to P3 (last phase) once in 5 attempts on the first series of attempts. I was rocking 36k dps with bow, which was clearly "no go" for P2 where you had to burn Belial before you get overwhelmed by snakes. I got the basic strategy down from another video that I have summarized into key points below:
    1. Phase 1 should be easily done with proper positioning in the upper right corner and use of AE: NT. It is also good to step out of the corner and drop 1 or 2 caltrops from time to time.
    2. Phase 2 is the most difficult until you can burst Belial down before he start spawning snakes. You need either relatively high dps or you can stack your SS to have the benefit of high initial burst on Belial when he becomes attackable.
    How to do it? It is simple concept but harder to make it work in reality--let the last snake live with as low hp as possible and let him be killed by your templar. This will let you stack SS to 100%, which will immensly help with the burst on Belial even if your overall dps is low (this is the DPS without SS ticks).
    3. Phase 3 is easy as long as you have vault, preparation or both. AE: NT will ensure that you burn Belial down fast no matter what gear you have since each projectile will hit him more than once. Only other thing to keep is mind that you should naturally stick to right side of the area because you will avoid his AOE attack in the very right-most spot, which leave you more discipline for SScreen or Vault on his normal attacks.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes