Demon Hunter DPS Spreadsheet(By Renelan)

Version 1.2 with a number of corrections, workbook is unprotected, have at it!

So, I got sick of not being able to tell what items were upgrades when browsing through the AH and I also like theorycrafting, so I made this spreadsheet. It's pretty accurate, the numbers match my stat sheet exactly.
    Obviously, it was designed for Demon Hunters, but it should be able to be used for the other classes within reason.
    Edit: 4PM PST - Fixed bow archery bonus to 15% and fixed column width for dps >100k.

As posted by Renelan on reddit!

*If you are getting "#VALUE" in the DPS formula change all "." in the formulas to ","
    Its localization issue, due to different decimal sign...
    I have tested out this spreadsheet, the numbers with all damage buffs off (sharpshooter and steady aim) are about 200-300 dps too high. The stats in the spreadsheet match perfectly with my toon so the only thing I can think of is maybe it is how blizzard handles rounding? Otherwise it worked good enough for me to make a decision on a weapon upgrade.
    Ye its off by 200-400 DPS (depending on the DPS buff selected), but its accurate enought to check for gear upgrades.
    I'm getting #Value! in the dps value box, not sure what to do about that. There's no dots in the decimals.

[Edit]

Fixed it by putting it in google docs. I can see where your problem lies though, that the spreadsheet shows higher damage. It's because of the weapon calculations, which are higher than usual. Fix that and it should be most accurate
    Tell me what is the error in the calculation plz.

I have included How-To fix the issue with #VALUE
    Working fine, same dps as in game.
    I can't open the spreadsheet T_T

I have tested out this spreadsheet, the numbers with all damage buffs off (sharpshooter and steady aim) are about 200-300 dps too high. The stats in the spreadsheet match perfectly with my toon so the only thing I can think of is maybe it is how blizzard handles rounding? Otherwise it worked good enough for me to make a decision on a weapon upgrade.

Do you have increased attack speed on your weapon? My 2H-xbow has a 19% increase in attack speed, and the tooltip speed reads as 1.31. But that's not accurate, because 1.1 * 1.19 = 1.309 (1.1 = base 2h-xbow attack speed * 1 + 19%). So on the spreadsheet I changed my attack speed to 1.309, and voila, the spreadsheet displays the exact DPS as the in-game stat sheet.

@Renelan - I left you some comments on Reddit, but I don't think you saw them. I think it might be valuable to show a different figure for DPS with sharpshooter as opposed to a simple 100% crit rate. It will be much more complicated to figure out, but it would be really valuable if some assumptions were made and SS was valued at a straight X% additional crit, as that is more like real life than a 100% crit rate. One of the big reasons for this is that, as your gear gets better, the DPS increase from SS should go down, and it would be helpful for people to understand when the passive stops being useful for them.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes