DH with high DPS post your equipment and builds

think i might make a DH..
    The only good gear build i see here is Cookies, a good balance of both but even he could use more armor. My aim is to get about 6000 armor and 600 resistance, the damage will come later.
    Blizzard used to care about releasing Diablo III, then they all took an arrow in the knee...
    Imo from Act 3 on this just doesn't matter right now. Yeah, I have no resist or HP at all, but when 1 fireball from those flying moloks hits for about 100k I don't really think you can do much. That's why I'm going full DPS. Maybe going all out on Dexterity could help more because you're just dodging everything or at least the first hit so you can get away with SS or vault or whatever.
    Armor is pretty hard to come by. Gear is super expensive as is, even without the armor. Add armor price goes up by a million or 3.

On a side note, anyone wanna buy the helm I was using previously. It had something like 23 dex and int, 90 vit, 5% hp, 75 resist all, 4xx armor and I think some other random useless stat.
    Here we go.

My build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRYTXV!aYe!YcaZZb
    Cookie - could you post a link to your inferno build you're currently using and possibly give some of your reasoning behind it? The info on this thread has been very helpful to me
    Quote from keranov

It is funny to see people with sharpshooter + dual 1h xbows (fast attack speed) + increased critical damage gear.
    They think they dish out a lot of damage, but in reality they don't do sh*t. Sharpshooter have 1 sec cooldown after every reset, which is even worse with fast attack speed weapons.
    In conclusion, if you are not using a super slow 2h crossbow with 1,1 attack speed, don't show us your super duper high damage with sharpshooter build, cause we can't do anything but laugh at you.

During the 1 sec cooldown before the reset you maintain the chance to crit % so with a fast attack speed you can fire multiple shots of yellow damage if your crit chance has reached 100%. Noticed with fast attack speed... We are doing our damage, and don't seem to get the joke.
    Quote from Cookiee

I don't get 1 shotted by small minions in act 3 and 4. But the big ones still do. The big ones hit me for about 32k. I would assume I need a little bit more resists not to get 1 shot by those. Diablo sometimes doesn't 1 shot me. I just got really tired of getting off screen killed by just about every little fart. Having to run back just for 1 minute just because something decided to look at me was not fun.

Soul Eaters stil eat my soul. (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

have you tried using shadow power+brooding, the 65% damage reduction plus 20% damage done as hp might be exactly what you're looking for to survive a few hits from those annoying blue packs.

I played through most of hell using this skill instead of smoke screen, no need to vanish when you can face tank everything :)
    Right now, all my gear revolves in Att Speed and Bow...witch gives me 43k dps right now. Don't use Sharpshooter or whatever. Is there any kind of best itemization? My logic is

for Bows = Att Speed > Crit Chance > Crit Damage
    XBows (without sharpshooter) = Crit chance >= Crit Damage > Att Speed
    Xbows (with Sharpshooter) Crit Damage > Att Speed > Crit Chance
    1h xbow = Crit Damage > Crit Chance >= Att Speed

But I don't know whats best...go for xbow, bow or 1hxbow. Right now my dps is fine enough though...
    hmmm i just finished Hell this morning, and I only have like 18K DPS, but I do have 30K health. did most of you get the gear in Inferno? I got like no upgrades in Hell
    you will find inferno almost impossible with those stats (18k dps is decent, 30k health is not). Basically you will be dead if you get hit.

I would strongly recommend going to the auction house before you start Inferno if you dont want to get annoyed. (im in Act 2 with 34k DPS and 62k life and its annoying with bluepacks/gold packs)
    ^ imo, that advice is terrible, I'm at 70k dps with 8,5k health and finished act 3 quite fine. Sure, everything oneshots me, but that just means I gotta pay more attention. If you wanted to tank things, you shouldn't have rolled a DH, but rather a monk.
    I understand if people want to survive a hit or two, but judging from your screen I'd say just stacking health is wrong, your resistances are way too low.
    Why do ppl still saying DPS instead of DMG. Damage is damage, DPS is what you get according to your AS and the actual skill you use. So if you want to tell your DPS, then divide your AS with your DMG and then calculate the skill in if its 85% or 155% or whatever.
    Quote from Trance

Why do ppl still saying DPS instead of DMG. Damage is damage, DPS is what you get according to your AS and the actual skill you use. So if you want to tell your DPS, then divide your AS with your DMG and then calculate the skill in if its 85% or 155% or whatever.

Well.. because it _is_ your dps. Notice how the damage number in your character/inventory screen goes up if you equip an ias item? That's because it includes your attack speed.
    Your dps shown there is further modified by your skill % number but using that one wouldn't be quite.. meaningful.
    Quote from Trance

Hover over Dmamage and read the tooltip" "The amount of damage per second you deal..." DPS = Damage per second. So if the tooltip says "The amount of damage per second you deal..." then that = DPS
    Quote from bofeity

My build is the exact same

My dps is like 15k higher than you but I have less discipline :P

I use Lacuni Prowlers instead of Stonegram

and Boj Anglers (although I would change them if they fix IAS or if I find movespeed very high dex)

I use a Beckon Sail instead of a Rare cloak with discip dex/3os

your quiver is fucking insane mine is similar in dps but no discip (mine has 10% elem arrow too)

lastly 1attspd = around 2.5 critdmg maybe even more so for rings you should really look to get atkspd on them and then upgrade for atkspd + critdmg

This is the itemization and skill setup I use for farming Act III.
    I got +16 Discipline (+8 from chest and +8 from quiver)
    I hate people pumping their DPS using 100% crit from sharpshooter and all +crit dmg crap, it doesn't work like that properly ingame.
    Inferis could you post you items to see how you get that high dps without Sharpshooter.

cause if i look at the other stat screen from people in this thread they have sometimes better stats but lower dps without Sharpshooter.
    it would help immense to see the items you are using and also pls the skill build.

thanks in advance
    Okay, here are the items I use. I've upgraded by quiver since I posted this. It has -1 discipline and -1% attack compared to the old one, but more dexterity, magic find and +4% dmg vs elites, and I only lose 26 dps, which is nothing you will notice - but the magic find and +4% damage that doesn't show up on character sheet is very nice!

Attack speed on items is really good, go snipe the legendaries which has them before they become too expensive on the Auction House.

Like, Andariels Visage helmet with dex, Lacuna Bracers with dex, Beckon Sail chest. I don't use Lacuna bracers anymore because I bought my new ones with an insane amount of dex (190) and 3% crit, so they give better dps, but lacuna bracers are really good.

Also since weapons drop in prices really fast, then I first worked on upgrading all my other items and then I saved gold for a weapon. Right now I am looking to buy a 1350+dps weapon as my next upgrade. After that I just want new boots and perhaps gloves or legs.

Always go for run speed on boots, it's sooooooo nice.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes