DH with high DPS post your equipment and builds

I'm currently trying to gear for inferno, and I can find millions of builds, but I can never find good posts about gear. So I'm making a thread here for people to show off what they've bought in the AH, found...etc. and how they did it. Also post links to your builds if you'd like.
    Everything Im seeing points to forgoing vita and stacking Dex, Crit, Crit dmg.. and sitting at a measily 12-18k hp and just NOT getting hit..

Personally I hate it and don't do it.. but I also cant get past the first quest in A3.. I did manage to kill Belial tho. (Inferno)
    - I stack Dex/Vita/Resist all +Anything else crit/crit dmg I can get my hands on.. but its not going well -- Using a 960 ish dps wep and with my gear only doing 21-22k dps. -- With other gear I can get 32k easy.. but I HATE the *Get 1shot by everything* gearing :( (Edit: dps numbers are without//PRE sharpshooter)

ATM I believe its gonna cost me 5-10mil per item off the AH that includes dex100+, Vita 100+, Resistall50+, Crit2%+, Crit dmg 30%+ -- Before I can really *easily* progress through A3 Inferno :(.. and that assumes anyone posts said items.
    /sigh @ Bliz milking RMAH when it comes out. .. yea yea I know /tinfoilhat
    I'm currently doing 33k DPS with the equip I have without doing any major buying off the auction house. I just want to know how people are reaching the 100k + mark, and if anyone's doing it without using the AH.
    It is funny to see people with sharpshooter + dual 1h xbows (fast attack speed) + increased critical damage gear.
    They think they dish out a lot of damage, but in reality they don't do sh*t. Sharpshooter have 1 sec cooldown after every reset, which is even worse with fast attack speed weapons.
    In conclusion, if you are not using a super slow 2h crossbow with 1,1 attack speed, don't show us your super duper high damage with sharpshooter build, cause we can't do anything but laugh at you.
    Quote from keranov

don't show us your super duper high damage with sharpshooter build, cause we can't do anything but laugh at you.

Correct.
    I just think the current state of demon hunters make us invaluable in groups but pretty lacklustre in soloing content. I believe the main reason for this is simply the way discipline works (being your skills that save your ass in inferno) and that the fact that its centered around resources rather than cooldowns. The is just no way for demonhunters to "reset a combat round" by relying on CDs to keep going. Such as wizards which are doing very well in inferno with Blizzard / Hydra / Armor.

Also another opinion is just dropping everything for DPS because the fact that we have no damage mitigation based on our resistances make us extra squishy so we have to gear immensely just to tank 1-2 hits.
    I have like 40k dps without and 93k with sharpshooter. Using a 2h crossbow so my attack speed is really low, only like 1.7 even though I use 2 rings and gloves with +%IAs. Lower attack speed feels weird, but as long as the dps is high it doesn't really matter.

Using this build: http://eu.battle.net/d3/de/calculator/demon-hunter#aRYVdX!YTV!YcZcbb

This is by far the best alround-build I played so far. Nether Tentacles as both AoE and single target DPS and hungering for hatred reg are usually enough. That leaves 4 spots open for tactical abilities. Although you don't always need all the defensives, I often find myself spamming those in Inferno. The 2 sec root makes Caltrop useful against any target, even very fast enemies. Vault and Vanish are lifesavers, if you get in bad spots on inferno you will often need both of them to get out of there alive.
    Finally preparation as last resort.

This build will work for almost every boss, too! Only bosses where your single target dps is too low might require picking up some skills to increase it, like that mark thingy.
    Rely a little bit more on crit builds, blizzard RNG is not true RNG and my truedamage is above 40k with 42% crit chance flat. I just zerg-killed Rakanoth with the build in inferno and I've soloed Butcherer, Belial, Azmodan and etc. with the damage-setup. There are some edge that the build can offer. ^^
    Quote from Jeslinis

Everything Im seeing points to forgoing vita and stacking Dex, Crit, Crit dmg.. and sitting at a measily 12-18k hp and just NOT getting hit..

Personally I hate it and don't do it.. but I also cant get past the first quest in A3.. I did manage to kill Belial tho. (Inferno)
    - I stack Dex/Vita/Resist all +Anything else crit/crit dmg I can get my hands on.. but its not going well -- Using a 960 ish dps wep and with my gear only doing 21-22k dps. -- With other gear I can get 32k easy.. but I HATE the *Get 1shot by everything* gearing :( (Edit: dps numbers are without//PRE sharpshooter)

ATM I believe its gonna cost me 5-10mil per item off the AH that includes dex100+, Vita 100+, Resistall50+, Crit2%+, Crit dmg 30%+ -- Before I can really *easily* progress through A3 Inferno :(.. and that assumes anyone posts said items.

Act 3 mobs one shout you anyway unless you're really really stacking Vit and Resistance to the point your damage is too low to kill the mobs... So just stack damage and don't get hit :) I'm stacking Crit Damage, currently at 289%. 13k HP xD

Quote from Jeslinis

Act 3 mobs one shout you anyway unless you're really really stacking Vit and Resistance to the point your damage is too low to kill the mobs... So just stack damage and don't get hit :) I'm stacking Crit Damage, currently at 289%. 13k HP xD

Problem I have with that is what about abilities like the butcher's cone chains. When I was doing this he would one shot me when he used it. How do you avoid those style mechanics besides use smoke screen.

40009.54 without SS
    Also the quiver has 5% Increased damage of Elemental Arrow.
    Problem I have with that is what about abilities like the butcher's cone chains. When I was doing this he would one shot me when he used it. How do you avoid those style mechanics besides use smoke screen.

Just get some vit pieces/gems for certain fights
    Cookiee, that gear is amazing. You have a really good balance of damage and survivability. Do you still get 1 shotted by most mobs in act 3/4? Can you please post what items you use if its not too much trouble? Thank you.
    Quote from Zipples

Quote from Jeslinis

If you do it enough you can get past him. I did it as pure dps, and probably got a couple lucky dodges in, but I managed.

I tried to put on some higher defensive gear, but I didn't have enough for it to matter.
    Do you want to get scammed? Perhaps a nice keylogger?
    "Just google "diablo 3 gold guide" and magical rainbow covered demons will assault your eyes."
    I don't get 1 shotted by small minions in act 3 and 4. But the big ones still do. The big ones hit me for about 32k. I would assume I need a little bit more resists not to get 1 shot by those. Diablo sometimes doesn't 1 shot me. I just got really tired of getting off screen killed by just about every little fart. Having to run back just for 1 minute just because something decided to look at me was not fun.

Soul Eaters stil eat my soul. (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
    No SS vs SS

Build: http://us.battle.net...YTXV!YeT!YcZZZc
    Quote from bofeity

This is exactly what i was aiming for this thread to be. thank you for that post.
    Quote from bofeity

/drool

I don't really like crossbows, so I'm going with a fast bow.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRXdVT!aeY!YcaYbZ

I'm usually farming with this build (Act 2 Inferno), maybe switch out the Tentacles with Lightning Ball. Preparation with Battle Scars is mainly for Reflect Damage mobs. Lately I've played a bit with Caltrops and Hooked Spikes instead of Vault, works pretty good as well.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes