Did they nerf Inferno with the patch?

Anyone else noticed a lot less incoming damage post-patch? I actually downgraded my gear to increase my movementspeed and yet pre-patch everything and i do mean friggin everything in Act2 1hit me. Whereas now I can comfortably live through hits from most whites.

I havent seen anything about it in the patch notes but has anyone else noticed anything similar?
    I honestly believe they did.. o.o
    I hope not. Any reliable infos ?
    didn't notice
    Cant really comment on beyond act 1 as I have been only farming it, but I really havent noticed anything different on act 1 atleast. Albeit it didn't feel too bad before so my perspective might not be to clear.
    "In Hell n... In Inferno, no one can hear you scream"
    I do recall earlier this week a stated design goal to smooth out the spikiness of damage in inferno. I'll see if i can find the specific link.
    I grew up gaming without internet forums. The entire phenomenon of being upset with a game developer makes no sense to me. No sense. I cannot imagine spending my time and energy being upset about something I choose to do for recreation.
    Found the link: http://us.battle.net...en/blog/6018173

']That said, we also wanted to let you know we’re keeping a close eye on Inferno. The intent of incoming damage is that it should be a very consistent drain on your health, and mitigating that drain is a major part of what makes Inferno mode difficult. Right now, there’s a lot more damage “spikiness” occurring than feels right, and that’s one major area we’re looking to adjust in patch 1.0.3. While we don’t have any specifics yet, our design goals are to support and promote build diversity; continue to ensure that a mix of champion packs, rare packs, and boss fights are the most efficient way to acquire the best items in the game; and ensure that all classes are viable in Inferno.[/blizz]
    I grew up gaming without internet forums. The entire phenomenon of being upset with a game developer makes no sense to me. No sense. I cannot imagine spending my time and energy being upset about something I choose to do for recreation.
    I spent 4 hours in act 3 inferno yesterday and everything was 1-shotting me as usual, even those little shits that Prophets resurrect behind my ass when I least expect it. So I can't confirm any nerfs... But then, I managed to die like an idiot on Ghom, so maybe it was me being particularly sucky last night.
    Quote from daniellp

I spent 4 hours in act 3 inferno yesterday and everything was 1-shotting me as usual, even those little shits that Prophets resurrect behind my ass when I least expect it. So I can't confirm any nerfs... But then, I managed to die like an idiot on Ghom, so maybe it was me being particularly sucky last night.

Well thats nice to hear at least. Prepatch I just distinctly remember dying in 1 hit by a fairly large margin to anything looking at me sideways, even those damn fallen imps and now i can easily live through 1 if not 2 hits with pretty much the same gear. Heres to hoping im just imagining things at least :) would be a shame if they nerfed it before I even got through Act 3 and 4.
    Definitely nerfed. I can take 2-3 hits from whites no problem now.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes