How to get max dps on Demon Hunter?

Thank you everyone for all of the input.

I was wondering though, after looking on the auction house and noticed the some of the 1k+ dps bows have an affix on the like +25% damage. Is that damage boost added to the dps number that shown on the bows damage or does that factor into your character's damage? And if it does factor into your character's damage would that possibly give you more dps than a bow with similar stats that had increased attack speed on it?

Just something i have been wondering! All facts, opinions, and arguments are welcome

Quote from Dchurch7

Thank you everyone for all of the input.

I was wondering though, after looking on the auction house and noticed the some of the 1k+ dps bows have an affix on the like +25% damage. Is that damage boost added to the dps number that shown on the bows damage or does that factor into your character's damage? And if it does factor into your character's damage would that possibly give you more dps than a bow with similar stats that had increased attack speed on it?

Just something i have been wondering! All facts, opinions, and arguments are welcome

99.9% sure that +Dmg and +increases AS is already added in the dps on the weapon, thus not gaining extra dps when equipped.

There might be a stat on yellow items wich increases Attack Speed overall tho, don't hang me up on that :-)
    Yeah i think you're right. any min/max dmg, dmg %, IAS or Elemental damage on a wep is factored into its overall DPS. Dex and crit chance/crit damage I believe are not so tha'ts what I tend to look for.

Thanks Caniroth for the awesome sig!
    I'm currently at almost 150k DPS with sharpshooter stacked and the best thing you could do, because you have a high amount of crit coming from that passive, is: Stack crit dmg.

I have IAS on my armor, helmet, 1 ring and my quiver. That's it. I'll probably switch my 180 dex bracers for some 110ish + 13% IAS if i find them cheap at the auction house ( or probably on my own, lawl, good joke :<).

But i have 60% crit dmg on my amulet, 24% on both rings, 82% on my weapon ( +50% because of being a crossbow, so 132% only on my weapon) which leads to around 300. Throw down some traps, lure enemies into the traps and they pretty much die instantly. Or bugging Diablo in hell is kinda nice aswell, when you down him TOO fast and your game crashes because it does not know how to handle it. ( Skipping Shadowform Phase as example)
    When Sharpshooter is stacked to 100% the DPS shown is calculated with permanent 100% crit (tested this).
    That means that items with +%crit dmg will SEEM incredible, but their real value is way lower.
    It is not possible to calculate how much crit sharpshooter actually gives in a real combat environment, so finding out the exact value of % crit dmg is hard.
    I spen't about 6mil gold to get resistances/vit gear so far because i got tired of getting one shotted by ranged creeps in act3 (i know they are dodge-able but sometimes too many hours of playing hits my gameplay) .I thought there is an alternative by stacking all resists ,vitality to take at least 2hits before dying in act3-4 from normal creeps. Above this, I'm experimenting for getting a hardcore build because having a chance to get oneshotted in hc is never the way to go. Please report if any1 managed to find the right numbers/ spec for mitigating some decent amount of dmg, I am sitting on 350-500 resist to all with 30k health and atm only minions and some spears do less then 30k dmg without using any defensive skills/passives.
    Quote from Rino

When Sharpshooter is stacked to 100% the DPS shown is calculated with permanent 100% crit (tested this).
    That means that items with +%crit dmg will SEEM incredible, but their real value is way lower.
    It is not possible to calculate how much crit sharpshooter actually gives in a real combat environment, so finding out the exact value of % crit dmg is hard.

Wrong, as soon as you get 1 crit all things during the next second will crit aswell. That means that sometimes 4 or more ticks of nether tentacles/hungering arrows will crit along with it, giving crit damage an even higher amount.
    Depends on your build of course, but stacking +crit damage, dexterity and attack speed where possible is working really well for me. I use sharp shooter/2h X-bow and my other passive talents - specific encounters aside - are steady aim and archery. I'm steaming through Inferno Act I at the moment and feel my damage is certainly more than required at this stage. Obviously the requirements ramp up quickly so will post more as and when i find it out.

Also - I'm having great success with a build that incorporates spike traps/scatter and strafe/rocket storm. No one seems to mention these but they have been a mainstay for me all the way through hell and now almost at the end of Act I Inferno. When the three traps go off in the middle of a pack of mobs it literally decimates them all. Also nice you can place traps across gaps / form range :D
    Quote from Vossten

Quote from Rino

Wrong, as soon as you get 1 crit all things during the next second will crit aswell. That means that sometimes 4 or more ticks of nether tentacles/hungering arrows will crit along with it, giving crit damage an even higher amount.

The first few shots will do A LOT of dmg, that's true, but after the first crit +% crit dmg becomes less powerful. Its over all value depends largely on how long the fight is and how long dps breaks are.

I am 100% sure the DPS shown are with perm 100% crit. That means the value of +%crit dmg SEEMS higher than it is.
    You will do that insane amount of dps with the first salvo, and actually some pre fired tentacles can cause an insane amount of damage, but after that your dps will drop. I'm not saying crit dmg is worthless, it's just not as powerful as people assume when looking at the numbers...
    i have 216k and 27k hp but it's just your standard dex/vital/crit/AS kinda gear

selling my old 1200dps 100dex hellion crossbow though

no real input other than invest in boj anglers
    Quote from Slaughtt

i have 216k and 27k hp but it's just your standard dex/vital/crit/AS kinda gear

selling my old 1200dps 100dex hellion crossbow though

no real input other than invest in boj anglers

Any other stats or just that? sockets?
    weapon has a socket in it, seems like that's what's going to be best in slot no matter what, had a 1300 crossbow with 24% speed and like everything else desirable, but paled in comparison to a 1230 one with a socket + crit damage

gear doesn't have much sockets (actually just like 2 pieces do), just invest in the basic stats and get as much as you can, critting for 200k on ele arrow is pretty sweet
    Can you post a screenshot Slaughtt, please? I'm very interested in the detail.
    of the character or the crossbow?
    Quote from Rino

Quote from Vossten

Quote from Rino

The first few shots will do A LOT of dmg, that's true, but after the first crit +% crit dmg becomes less powerful. Its over all value depends largely on how long the fight is and how long dps breaks are.

I am 100% sure the DPS shown are with perm 100% crit. That means the value of +%crit dmg SEEMS higher than it is.
    You will do that insane amount of dps with the first salvo, and actually some pre fired tentacles can cause an insane amount of damage, but after that your dps will drop. I'm not saying crit dmg is worthless, it's just not as powerful as people assume when looking at the numbers...

Yeah your DPS will take a bit of a dive but with sharpshooter constantly bumping your crit chance you will get some nice massive spikes. Using a crossbow along with some other items boosting crit damage/chance it works out efficiently enough.
    Quote from Slaughtt

Both if possible. Or rather your gear as a whole, I'd be curious as well. :D
    Quote from Temsen

Quote from Slaughtt

http://imgur.com/WykR2

i still need to upgrade like 5 things in that picture though, just hoping someone puts something on the AH worthwhile - lost a ridiculous amulet yesterday for 8mil because the AH was broken ah cheers.

Mind Showing us detailed stats and your weapon as well? Really good gear build, god you're rich! :P
    Might as well use this topic for advice...

I'm wondering which stats I should aim for, mind to take a look?

Without sharpshooter: http://i.imgur.com/tZDT3.jpg
    With sharpshooter: http://i.imgur.com/gHoIH.jpg
    Quote from Slaughtt

Quote from Temsen

Quote from Slaughtt

http://imgur.com/WykR2

i still need to upgrade like 5 things in that picture though, just hoping someone puts something on the AH worthwhile - lost a ridiculous amulet yesterday for 8mil because the AH was broken ah cheers.

You do know that both Boj Anglers and Asheara's Lock are broken atm and dont actually give any attack speed.

Without my Boj Anglers equipped: http://i.imgur.com/dSH9R.jpg - 1.93 attacks per second
    With my Boj Anglers equipped: http://i.imgur.com/IGwE7.jpg - 1.93 attacks per second

Hope they fix it soon but yeah just a friendly heads up
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes