My Demon Hunter Build! (Not OP Bullcrap)

So I've heard a lot of people talking about retarded OP builds that are practically abusing game mechanics, I never chose to look at them or use them ever.
    I believe the game should be played normal and be near damn impossible to solo inferno which I will be attempting once I get there.
    I'm not claiming this build to be amazing or OP or better then any others but I think it's rather epic! I may not be on a high difficulty - Nightmare due to being busy but this build I predict should work great on any of the higher difficulty's, may take a few more mins to kill things but it should work great, IF you get the hang of it and put a little effort into getting used to it :)
    Let me know what you think! :)
    Here's my video and the build below but please watch my video I go a little in depth with my reasons behind things, please leave some feedback :) + You could probably improve this build a lot at a higher level so have a little tweak around! :)
    Thank you.
    PS: The builds also genuinely fun!

Feedback and criticism is more then welcome!

The above build was not so popular with the use of the two ability's everyone seams to be using unknown to me, here's another strange little build I rustled up :)

www.youtube.com/RizeCondor
    I don't really get it. Your "survival" build have got the exact same two skills that all other builds use to survive in late game, being Prep+SS. This is early Nightmare, isn't it? At that point you really don't even need survivability. Smokescreen + Prep is really overkill at this stage in the game. You've also got barely any damage at all. Rapid Fire isn't even the best single target spender if able to stand still and shoot endlessly, so I don't get why you'd take it. Rain of Vengeance is fairly bad unless you use the knockback rune for more control at elite packs. The damage it does is horrible for being a long CD and so expensive. Sentry as a DPS ability is quite meh, and I'm not a fan of the two last runes for defensive stuff since the AoE of it is so small and it makes you immobile.

Thinking outside the box is fine I guess, but it's no use if the result is horrible. This might work in Nightmare, and maybe even early hell, but it really isn't a great build at all and the only reason it would work is because the game doesn't really become "build" demanding until late hell/inferno. You won't even be able to use any of your hatred spenders on elite packs effectively and the damage would be so horrible that they'd just regen the damage you'd do or they'd enrage long before you'd be able to kill them.

And what're you talking regarding abusing game mechanics? If we look aside how skills are balanced I really don't see any that are bugged in a way they can be abused to give yourself an advantage. Care to explain? And if you're actually only talking about using the skills that gives you the best performance then I'd say that view is quite silly. Me personally want to perform when I play, if I can do it in another way than most I guess it could be fun. But if I perform WORSE than the average only because I want to be a special snowflake it just makes me silly. Using the skill set the game gives us to synchronize together is not the same as abusing the game.
    Trust is not given, but earned. That's a lesson well learned.
    Quote from Xeley

I don't really get it. Your "survival" build have got the exact same two skills that all other builds use to survive in late game, being Prep+SS. This is early Nightmare, isn't it? At that point you really don't even need survivability. Smokescreen + Prep is really overkill at this stage in the game. You've also got barely any damage at all. Rapid Fire isn't even the best single target spender if able to stand still and shoot endlessly, so I don't get why you'd take it. Rain of Vengeance is fairly bad unless you use the knockback rune for more control at elite packs. The damage it does is horrible for being a long CD and so expensive. Sentry as a DPS ability is quite meh, and I'm not a fan of the two last runes for defensive stuff since the AoE of it is so small and it makes you immobile.

Thinking outside the box is fine I guess, but it's no use if the result is horrible. This might work in Nightmare, and maybe even early hell, but it really isn't a great build at all and the only reason it would work is because the game doesn't really become "build" demanding until late hell/inferno. You won't even be able to use any of your hatred spenders on elite packs effectively and the damage would be so horrible that they'd just regen the damage you'd do or they'd enrage long before you'd be able to kill them.

And what're you talking regarding abusing game mechanics? If we look aside how skills are balanced I really don't see any that are bugged in a way they can be abused to give yourself an advantage. Care to explain? And if you're actually only talking about using the skills that gives you the best performance then I'd say that view is quite silly. Me personally want to perform when I play, if I can do it in another way than most I guess it could be fun. But if I perform WORSE than the average only because I want to be a special snowflake it just makes me silly. Using the skill set the game gives us to synchronize together is not the same as abusing the game.

Best comment yet on all the forums I have shared this on, I don't like to be different and special or anything like that I just played with this build and enjoyed it, thank you because I have learnt a lot from this comment.
    I'm uploading another video now, which also uses rapid fire which I kind of regret from your comment but if you notice I do say it's for low levels to, new players and stuff that's why I do say you can easily improve this build at a higher level :)
    I will post a link to my new video once it's uploaded, could do with another little comment like this to point out the flaws.
    Thanks.
    Yhea I get it's not directed towards Inferno gameplay and that you said it's for low level. I just escalated a bit, sorry if I sounded too judging. :(
    Trust is not given, but earned. That's a lesson well learned.
    Quote from Xeley

Yhea I get it's not directed towards Inferno gameplay and that you said it's for low level. I just escalated a bit, sorry if I sounded too judging. :(

Not at all, you just made a big positive impact on my future video's :) I need this criticism, I'm not one to take it to heart.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes