Question for Blizzard: Demon Hunter's Shadow Glide, How Does It Work???

Runed as Shadow Glide, the Demon Hunter gains 40% bonus to movement speed while Shadow Power is active.

Blizzard, does bonus to Movement Speed mean gaining 40% bonus to Attack Speed as well?

Anyone who knows somebody from Blizzard, could you clarify this please. Thank you.

Click here for "My Baker's Dozen Demon Hunter Builds"
    My PvP build would be different from these 13.
    Check out the leaked Demon Hunter skill list here from Blizzard China: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://tiny.cc/10p16

Diablo III is $50; MSI GT683DXR-423US Gaming Laptop is $1,599; Playing Diablo III w/ my wife & 2 brothers is PRICELESS
    Quote from Venator Noctis

Runed as Shadow Glide, the Demon Hunter gains 40% bonus to movement speed while Shadow Power is active.

Blizzard, does bonus to Movement Speed mean gaining 40% bonus to Attack Speed as well?

Anyone who knows somebody from Blizzard, could you clarify this please. Thank you.

Movement speed and attack speed are two completely separate stats O.o...If it increased your attack speed it would say so.

No it doesn't. You don't need someone from Blizzard to confirm this.

Why would gaining movement speed mean gaining attack speed?
    Troll?

Anyway, the wording is pretty clear, and the answer is no, it only increases movement speed.

You don't need somebody from Blizzard. Attack speed and movement speed were two different stats in Diablo 2, so why would movement speed encompass both now?
    ...and if you disagree with me, you're probably <insert random ad hominem attack here>.
    Quote from Scyldragon

Troll?

Anyway, the wording is pretty clear, and the answer is no, it only increases movement speed.

I can read pretty well what it says. For those who doesn't know, increase in Attack Speed is proportional to the increase in firing speed.
    That's why I'm asking Blizzard for clarification on this matter because Shadow Power as was discussed in the Demon Hunter video time stamped @ 2:32 - 2:47 increases the Demon Hunter's Attack Speed.

Demon Hunter video:
    Again before you comment, watch the video time stamped @ 2:32
    where you can clearly see the increased speed while attacking
    and I quote:
    "In dire times, she can embellish herself in Shadow Power. Increasing her movement and firing speed to such a degree that even the most resilient demonic opponents cannot escape her wrath."

Un-runed Shadow Power: Draw in the power of the shadows, gaining 20% of all damage done as Life for 3 seconds.
    Runed as Night Bane: Gain an add'l. 4 Hatred/second while Shadow Power is active.
    Runed as Blood Moon: Increases damage done as Life to 30%.
    Runed as Well of Darkness: Decreases the Discipline cost to 12.
    Runed as Gloom: Reduce incoming damage by 65% while Shadow Power is active.
    Runed as Shadow Glide: Gain 40% bonus to movement speed while Shadow Power is active.

Now tell me, even if you read these over and over, I don't see anything about the increase in Attack Speed that supports the Blizzard claim of increased in "firing speed" in their Demon Hunter video, and I quote: "Increasing her movement and firing speed to such a degree..."
    The only possible increase in speed to such a degree would be vouched by the Shadow Glide rune that gives 40% bonus to movement speed.
    Again, did Blizzard made a mistake in their video or was it a grammatical error wherein the 40% gain in speed also increases the Demon Hunter's Attack Speed (a.k.a. her firing speed as stated in the video).

So for the smarties who commented above, maybe you don't know quack. Stop trolling.
    Let the guys from Blizzard give a better explanation to shed the light and clarify this for me. Thanks!

Click here for "My Baker's Dozen Demon Hunter Builds"
    My PvP build would be different from these 13.
    Check out the leaked Demon Hunter skill list here from Blizzard China: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://tiny.cc/10p16

Diablo III is $50; MSI GT683DXR-423US Gaming Laptop is $1,599; Playing Diablo III w/ my wife & 2 brothers is PRICELESS

Quote from Scyldragon

Troll?

I can read pretty well what it says. For those who doesn't know, increase in Attack Speed is proportional to the increase in firing speed.
    That's why I'm asking Blizzard for clarification on this matter because Shadow Power as was discussed in the Demon Hunter video time stamped @ 2:32 - 2:47 increases the Demon Hunter's Attack Speed.

Demon Hunter video:
    Again before you comment, watch the video time stamped @ 2:32
    where you can clearly see the increased speed while attacking
    and I quote:
    "In dire times, she can embellish herself in Shadow Power. Increasing her movement and firing speed to such a degree that even the most resilient demonic opponents cannot escape her wrath."

Un-runed Shadow Power: Draw in the power of the shadows, gaining 20% of all damage done as Life for 3 seconds.
    Runed as Night Bane: Gain an add'l. 4 Hatred/second while Shadow Power is active.
    Runed as Blood Moon: Increases damage done as Life to 30%.
    Runed as Well of Darkness: Decreases the Discipline cost to 12.
    Runed as Gloom: Reduce incoming damage by 65% while Shadow Power is active.
    Runed as Shadow Glide: Gain 40% bonus to movement speed while Shadow Power is active.

Now tell me, even if you read these over and over, I don't see anything about the increase in Attack Speed that supports the Blizzard claim of increased in "firing speed" in their Demon Hunter video, and I quote: "Increasing her movement and firing speed to such a degree..."
    The only possible increase in speed to such a degree would be vouched by the Shadow Glide rune that gives 40% bonus to movement speed.
    Again, did Blizzard made a mistake in their video or was it a grammatical error wherein the 40% gain in speed also increases the Demon Hunter's Attack Speed (a.k.a. her firing speed as stated in the video).

So for the smarties who commented above, maybe you don't know quack. Stop trolling.
    Let the guys from Blizzard give a better explanation to shed the light and clarify this for me. Thanks!

Because the change happened after the video was made. They change runes and skills all the time during development. At the moment it JUST increases movement speed (gliding shadow), not attack speed.

Edit: Blizzard does not read these forums, you need to go to the actual D3 site if you want to try and get a response.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!

Don't know quack?! How dare you! Well, first of all, you're posting in the wrong forums because blizzard doesn't post here. Second of all the videos were done by IGN, not Blizzard. Third of all the game is still in Beta and rapidly changing everyday until release. And last of all, the skill was changed after the video was made.

Remember, THIS IS BETA! Everything changes.

I knew what you were referencing, since it kinda drew my attention the first time I watched that movie as well. Still doesn't change the fact that the wording clearly does not imply any increase in attack speed. Maybe it did in an earlier version, or in a current blizzard test patch, but that changes neither the current skill or the answer to your question.

But seriously, the recent Barbarian movie made the War Shouts out to be something used when in dire situations, when that's nothing close to true. These movies are not to be taken as sources of information, but just an entertaining display of power and playstyle.

Oh, and the reason I thought you trolled was because you mentioned Blizzard in an obviously non-blizzard related forum, and wanted them to answer one of the easiest questions I've come across on this forum. You can't fault me for that one.
    Definitely does not get attack speed.
    Countered by mass marines, GG no re.

See billy idol gets it i don't know why she doesn't
    if you want a BLizzard response, you should use the official forums. This is a fan site only, but the people here are very well informed. the info you have is directly contradictory to the most recent info on the Battle.net website and patch infromation. If it is changed in the internal build, then we can't know it anyway. What they said is the most accurate information available to the public as of yet.
    If that made sense to you, Bravo! I think I even confused myself...
    The Barbarian video also says that Barbs continue to build up fury and when it's full, their attacks are more powerful. Now, that's true if you have a certain passive slotted and aren't using any fury spenders, but otherwise it's not. They're just trying to give some flavor for the class and it's not necessarily accurate.
    ...and if you disagree with me, you're probably <insert random ad hominem attack here>.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes