Patch 13 Demon Hunter - still under powered?

Finally getting the beta the Demon Hunter was my first choice, Im only level 7 at the moment but I most definitely don't feel that its under powered.
    IF it needs something, it's going to be minor. Honestly, compared to patch 12 they feel much much better. I think it might just feel 'weaker' because the DH doesn't have any major AoE abilities like the other ranged characters do.

It could really just come down to gear, a good offhand really makes the difference that the quiver buff covers that nicely. The only problem there is, if gear is the problem, then the DH scaling at end game might be off. It is pretty hard to say at this point, I don't think it's that bad. When I played the DH again I was happy with it, but I can see where the perception is since my WD is just tearing through groups.
    Diablo 3 playthroughs and guides via Kagekaze's Domain or Twitch TV
    Come on by and comment on YouTube or chat on Twitch, twitch chat is often watched
    I just played all the classes through patch 13. I was previously going to level up a demon hunter last because they felt pretty weak by comparison, but now I'll probably level one first or second. It's my favorite class right now along with the wizard.

So, to answer your question: No, they do not feel under powered. They do play differently than the other classes though. Much more tactical. If you enjoy that type of experience, you'll love the DH.
    Quote from ninjazim

So, to answer your question: No, they do not feel under powered. They do play differently than the other classes though. Much more tactical. If you enjoy that type of experience, you'll love the DH.

This is exactly what I was hoping for! I was sat watching some patch 13 footage on youtube earlier, getting annoyed because the guy was being extremely inefficient and lack or tactics...
    Quote from Exitium

Quote from ninjazim

This is exactly what I was hoping for! I was sat watching some patch 13 footage on youtube earlier, getting annoyed because the guy was being extremely inefficient and lack or tactics...

Wasn't me I hope! :QQ:
    I try to treat the class as it should be played and not just rush into melee 'cause I won't take damage with easy mode.
    Diablo 3 playthroughs and guides via Kagekaze's Domain or Twitch TV
    Come on by and comment on YouTube or chat on Twitch, twitch chat is often watched
    I just checked and it definitely wasn't you! Someone with a slightly similar accent though - I'm from the UK and can't distinguish between most North American accents unless they're paticularly obvious... But yeah I double checked and it's not you :)
    with the video release of the later skills "Rain of Vengeance" in an actual play video, the damage output is impressive. I can easily see toss Rain, caltrops already down and kiting back with multi shot . So imo no they are not underpowered, just misunderstood. Maybe a bit more skill is involved and not just a "smash face on keyboard" class.
    i haven't played the previous patches, but he simply has to be played differently. He is a ranged / kiter and has to be used with traps and kiting, and you can kill stuff without being hit.

If you just stand next to the monsters and attack like with the barbarian, of course he seems underpowered in comparison, because the barbarian is a melee class. But the DH's strength lies in ranged combat.

You have to use traps, watch where you go, what you attack. You can manage not to get hit by melee mobs at all, which is very powerful.
    I believe the DH is not going to be underpowered at all. Surely you cannot rush into mobs like some headless chicken but instead you'll have to use some planning and fast micro to deal with your obstacles. Well atleast that's what I'm hoping for!
    DH currently is the fastest beta clearing hero so... it speaks for itself. And it have that feeling of an AD carry from games like LOL when you can shot move 1 step back shot again, which is just great :P
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes