1. You need survivability too, so the most recommended rings are the ones with 5 stats: main, vit, %life ( armor ), cdr and socket. You're not the dmg dealer and that percent gets lower and lower with the mob HP ( and capped at 2k wep dmg ). You also have to run a lot and pull more mobs in the sentries.
1. Some crusader using bul kathos, its listed to deal damage equal to 0,4% of the current monster hp.
Thats a huge amount ( if not nerfed by anything like higher tiers or not working on elites/rift bosses ).
What do you think about that ring?
It's 0.4% of mob's HP, but capped at 2000% weapon damage. And your weapon damage should be ridiculously low as you're focusing on toughness, so it's too small to make any significant impact. I'd prefer a decent 5 affix ring or even Justice Lantern over BKWB any day.
I was contemplating the possibility for using Frostburn and a cold damage weapon in this build, inspired by the fact that they are essential in the zdps monk build. Here's my personal opinion/conclusion:
When using a cold weapon, both Condemn (proc. coeff. 50%) and Shield Glare (25%) can freeze monsters, while toxin gem ticks can't. However the freezing effect is much less frequent than that in the monk build, due to low skill proc coefficient as well as low cast speed. I tested a 45% chance Frostburn with a 0% chance to freeze Burning Axe, I can roughly freeze 1/4 maybe 1/5 of a white pack for a short period of time each rotation.
To summerize, it is possible to proc Frostburn in this build using a cold weapon, preferably Azurewrath or Burning Axe of Sankis. However the extra freezing from frostburn are too little to matter, especially if you already opt for Consecration-FG.
Frostburn doesn't appear to increase the chance to freeze for Consecration - FG, as the skill has 0 proc coefficient.
You would pick the Frozen Ground rune on Consecration.
That being said, I tried it and didn't like it, for a variety of reasons:
1) You lose way too much toughness by giving up on Iron Skin (and that's the only spell you can give up).
2) I can't wear the combination of gear anymore that I prefer: Asheara's shoulders, gloves, pants; Illusory Boots; Born's chest+weapon. I'd have to give up on either of that, and don't want to.
3) There should already be enough CC around such that the slow effect doesn't add a lot; the life regeneration is only useful for the support characters since the DPS are dead in one hit, and even for you it won't prevent a lot of deaths.
4) You can re-roll to get the perfect toughness Born's weapon and don't need to hope for a perfect Inviolable Faith (which I have, but it's still a point to consider).
I saw Weng (whatever he's called) using the horse with the chains that drags mobs. It's a nice pulling ability, he used it along with condemn and gave up on iron skin (not sure if it's the best choice). I might consider testing it out instead of condemn because why would you need 2 pulls? I've tested it once and i couldn't really pull effectively but i think it's worth another shot.
With Steed I don't need these boots. I'm currently collecting 2 more Items, then I can take Vigilante Belt off, but I don't plan to take Illusory Boots. Makes more sense for me to push DHs more than taking a skill I can replace with a (for me) better one easily. And it's more fun to Steed instead of Vacuum (no criteriion, but nice side effect).
How important is having that 8% cdr compared to having that socket for moratorium? Is the slight delay in 100% AkkarT uptime worth it for a passive 25% less damage? What is the exact number needed for 100% uptime? Im around ~75% and im not quite there yet.
The damage increase by a crusader far outweighs the bbv that a WD is able to bring, it's incredible. We even almost got 51 keys twice during those few trials, and we cleared a tier 50 rift on the first try after that, killing the rift guardian (Raiziel, 483b hp) in less than 100 seconds.
Great guide! I quickly build a support spec yesterday with all items I had and we we're able to do 45GR pretty easy already. And now with all that high value content in this thread I see a lot of things to optimize. Great! Thank you guys and happy supporting :-)