Akarat's Awakening from Kadala?

Hi guys!
    Did any of you got theAkarat's Awakeningfrom Kadala? I know it should be able to drop from her science it's not a Torment Only item, but I've spend a ton of shards on shields and haven't dropped one yet. I had all the others from her, 2 of each at least, 5 Hellskulls and Final Witness, but than one specific Shield just won't drop. I was wondering if there's a bug or something, so that Kadala can't give one?
    You should be able to get one from her... with luck.

Drop rates are not the same for each individual item. Some are drastically rarer than others. There are people who have spent 10, 20, 30K shards rolling a single type of gear without finding what they want. I've personally spent my last 10-15K shards rolling weapons and I haven't found a Wand of Woh for my wizard.

Then again, RNG is RNG. I spent 400 shards on helms and got a Quetzalcoatl for my WD. Some WD players have spent upward of 10K shards and haven't gotten a Quetzacoatl.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    not a bug, same goes for me with kindershot, it is what it is, keep trying or move on
    I know RNG is RNG, I know i might never get it to drop if I have bad luck.
    I just would like to be sure, that it did drop for someone and I'm not throwing my shards away for nothing :)
    Quote from Jaetch

I've personally spent my last 10-15K shards rolling weapons and I haven't found a Wand of Woh for my wizard.

So... the game is on. 32k shards, at least 28k of those spent on 1h weapons. Let's see who gets it first :P

Well, it'll probably be you anyways. I'll be out of town as of end of this week for ~10 days :-/

@OP: This is the spirit of Diablo as it was alive in D1+D2. You could always hope for the one super rare item, but you'd never be 100% sure if you'd ever get it. I personally will continue gambling 1h weapons until I get my Wand of Woh. Not gonna give up now after so much time and so many shards invested :-)
    So far i spend 7500 shards on shield and have yet to get anything. I seriously dont think im gona keep gambling or playing the game. I dont get how you guys get anything from these shards, hell from the game in general. I already feel like i wasted too much time farming T3 for hours.
    I got it the other day.
    Quote from CruS

I got it the other day.

That's what I wanted to hear :) Now I can spend those billions of shards and hope I'll get one as well ;)
    over 80,000 shards on belts and still no witching hour, RNG gonna RNG.
    Quote from Anonymoose

over 80,000 shards on belts and still no witching hour, RNG gonna RNG.

I've spent like 3k shards in a row on belts, didn't get it.

I was about to go to sleep but decided to spend the remaining 50 shards I had so I made a new game.

I was looking at the second monitor, just clicked belts without looking at my diablo screen.

I looked back after 10 seconds and there it was, the damn witching hour.

Indeed, RNG is RNG. :P
    HARDCORE T4 rift farm with a crusader, top 1 STR in the world, 6 Akkhan pieces! :o
    Something to keep in mind is that some slots have slightly better chances of getting your specific legendary than others. For instance there are only 9 legendary helms (outside of sets which Im not sure if can drop from gambling) I believe but 17 legendary belts along with 8 legendary mighty belts. It makes getting that particular head a better chance than the particular waist slot even if it's a lower drop chance. If you want to know how many legendaries are of a particular slot just go to http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/ and browse through the item database you can sort by legendary.
    Quote from Zanthyst

Something to keep in mind is that some slots have slightly better chances of getting your specific legendary than others. For instance there are only 9 legendary helms (outside of sets which Im not sure if can drop from gambling) I believe but 17 legendary belts along with 8 legendary mighty belts. It makes getting that particular head a better chance than the particular waist slot even if it's a lower drop chance. If you want to know how many legendaries are of a particular slot just go to http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/ and browse through the item database you can sort by legendary.

The fact that there's a lot more of a particular item type is rendered somewhat moot by the fact that certain items are just straight up rarer than others. Akarat's Awakening is one of the rarest shields because of how drastically it can effect your playstyle.

Same goes for Wand of Woh, for Ice Climbers, and many other legendaries that have a huge effect on play. For every Ice Climbers, you might find a dozen Blackthorn Boots.

Of course, you're still right to a certain degree, simply because 'RNG is RNG' and all... while certain items are substantially rare than others, it's still on a scale that makes everything comparatively super rare anyways. If one legendary is a 10th the chance of dropping as another one, but the higher chance one is still like... one in a thousand, then you probably won't notice the difference over a short period of time anyways. Lucky folks will be lucky and get their shiny items first!
    Last edited by Herecius: 4/22/2014 11:16:14 AM
    haha stop playing cause of RnG ? new generation gamers... personally i love a challange, if im fully geared to fast that is what makes me get tired of a game, how fun would it be if we get all the bis items to fast ? i love that some items is very rare (hello 2000 shards trying to get iceclimbers)
    I've been trying to get a better Jekangbord for my blessed shield build, but no luck. I have found plenty of other legendary shields, however. Including the Awakening one. (23% chance when blocking to lower CD by one second.)
    Quote from triforc3

haha stop playing cause of RnG ? new generation gamers... personally i love a challange, if im fully geared to fast that is what makes me get tired of a game, how fun would it be if we get all the bis items to fast ? i love that some items is very rare (hello 2000 shards trying to get iceclimbers)

Im in my 30s, i dont have the time to have randomness as a challenge, not to that extent. Im not even talking about getting specific items even, i spend 7500 shards and got no item at all. Im kinda scratching my head that RNG is a challenge though? A challenge to me was learning how to complete rubick cubes quickly. Playing the lottery is not very challenging.

I used to play D2 and granted i never found some items, i did find more then i am now for my time and i could trade what i found that i didnt want for what i wanted. In D2 formula despite its problem i can still get something out of my reduced time to play. D3 is clearly telling me, sorry you have responsibility this game is not for you, get the fuck out peasant. I think if anything its the new generation of gamers that would be oblivious to time constraint.

Yes you might still be young with the time to farm 80k blood shards instead of doing something more productive, im not keeping that against you, i used to have this free time in college. 7500 blood shards is all i could gather since the game came out and it gave me nothing, what incentive is there for someone like me to play this game? Theres not even a barter system to keep me entertained or even anything else to do for that matter.
    Last edited by Decadaver: 4/22/2014 1:05:35 PM
    I find it hard to believe that you didn't get even one legendary from that many shards, unless you are referring to the actual upgrades over your other items rather than to legendaries.
    HARDCORE T4 rift farm with a crusader, top 1 STR in the world, 6 Akkhan pieces! :o
    I just got this shield less than an hour ago so it's 100% obtainable from Kadala, shame it was a low roll :(
    Last edited by Yuzanaki: 4/22/2014 1:15:35 PM
    Quote from Devizz

I was looking at the second monitor, just clicked belts without looking at my diablo screen.

I looked back after 10 seconds and there it was, the damn witching hour.

I just did that with T-god's; bought like 10 belts I didn't need :)
    14k+ on sources on my quest to get Mirrorball

8-9 Triumvirate,4 Light of Grace,5 Chantodo,2 Mykens, 1 Winter Flurry, 1 Occulus and... 2 Mirrorballs. Both with +1 Magic Missile -.-
    Funny, the shield just dropped while I was doing some rifts on t3/4. Rolled quite nicely, 29% block chance, close to perfect str (739 I believe), 14% life (15% max roll), +%11 bc and a socket which I wanted to reroll into Chc.

So I've rerolled the damn socket like over 40 times, no luck yet. There are too many possible stats to roll on this thing... it seems almost impossible to roll what you want. Never seen SO MANY different potential stats.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes