ROS Crusader Information/Guides

Hey MC,

I recently got my Crusader to T6 and while it's been smooth sailing in groups, solo I have to run Firelight to close the CDR gap on my gear to get Permanent Akarats.

I was wondering what pieces or enchants I should be looking for to improve my Crusader:http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Walt-1813/hero/47789157

I'm thinking I need to get an SOJ that is native holy/CDR for that extra 8% and find a FotF with str/socket so I can reroll to 10% cdr - seem right to you? I'm not sure this will get me to permanent Akarat's but should be close. I'm worried that losing the Vita on my weapon will make me too squishy though. Would it be worth rerolling Fury damage on chest to All Res?
    I can roll through T4 rifts with the fire build easily and can do T5 but not as quick as I would like. My Holy build would be great but I'm missing the FotF. The main thing holding me back from attempting T6 is I have no unity rings. How have people managed to get multiple?! I have been gambling rings for weeks and nothing :(
    Full Fire Crusader Guide for T1-T6 will be up tonight or early tomorrow.

For now enjoy this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shGH1mUXc2A
    Hi MC!

First off i wanna thank you for your streams, they are good information and great entertainment. I have been testing out your fire build with darklight for a little while with one modification. Im using the final witness with the zealous glare shield glare rune. I found this to be a great addition in T6 to the build sine the cc is great to counter the low toughness (I dont have 2 unity), and i dont have any wrath issues what so ever when im running this. I have also replaced reaper wraps since my wrath regen is more then enough. Do you have any opinions/additions to this?

Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by Blazfemic: 5/24/2014 5:23:32 AM
    Twitch Highlights

2.05 FireLight T6 Bounty Farming

http://www.twitch.tv/mannercookie/c/4316341

FireLight (Bounty Farming Build)

@Blazfemic
    Still working on full guide and I'll show how it's done without 2x unity, just finished testing it tonight so working on the rest of the video as I write this post.
    Last edited by mannercookie: 5/24/2014 9:29:32 AM
    Hi mannercookie,

what do you think how usefull this Flail

would be compared to Maximus im currently using. Also got a The Furnace but afaik this is only for high Torment Boss fights.
    Here's the text of the progression section of the video for my Fire Crusader Guide, the video is taking longer than expected so I wanted to at least get this out to you guys for those of you just starting out with fire crusaders for the time being.

Normal to T1 Progression

At this level of progression you really can't get by without the use of a primary wrath generating attack.

There are a few choices when it comes to fire based attacks for the Crusader Class.

Punish - Roar
    Slash - Carve
    Slash - Crush

It's not really a big difference in which skill you decide to go with and you can even use other skills available as a generator in this slot.

But if you were playing with efficieny in mind I prefer slash /w the carve rune.

Second slot is Fist of the Heavens, Heaven's tempest

This is our main damage wrath expendor and is what provides us with the majority of our damage.

The initial attack does 545% weapon damage followed by a fire cloud that ticks for 100% damage every second, for 5 seconds as well as an AOE attack that shoots fire bolts across the map that deal 255% weapon damage.

Third slot is Steed Charge, Nightmare

With the recent changes to steed charge in 2.05, the duration and cooldown of this skill has been greatly improved upon and because of this a lot of the other runes for this skill are now viable.

The rune of choice here is Nightmare, it provides another source of damage in the form of fire across the ground we touch while steed charge is activated.

It also serves as our mobility skill that allows us to cover ground as well as escape bad situations.

Fourth slot is shield Glare, zealous glare.

At the earlier stages of progression, shield glare /w zealous glare has enormous value as it allows us to generate 9 wrath per enemy hit as well as provide us a form of crowd control that lasts 4 seconds.

Later on you will be replacing this skill as your gear progresses, but it is very effective in the beginning.

Fifth slot is provoke, charged up.

Provoke is the only wrath generating ability that the Crusader class has. It generates a base wrath of 30 as well as an additional 5 wrath per enemy taunted.

There are many good rune choices here, but my rune of choice is Charged Up.

Even though Charged Up is not as effective as previous patches due to it's mechanics being changed, it's still additional damage you can inflict and there aren't really any offensive choices to go with.

Last but not least FireStarter

Akkarat's Champion in patch 2.05 has been changed to now give 35% additional damage as well as 5 bonus wrath per second, for 20 seconds.

Our rune of choice and the skill that the fire crusader is built around is FireStarter.

FireStarter inflicts a 460% Damage attack over 3 seconds, everytime you deal damage, or in other words roughly 150% damage per second for 3 seconds.

The reason why this skill is so powerful is the fact that you can stack this 150% damage per second over the course of a fight with most of your skills/items that cause damage.

At this point of progression however, it is not the core of our damage output as the cooldown is very long for akarat's champion without the 6 piece bonus and near max'd coold down reduction.

However I've decided to include it into the build even at lower progression so that new players to the build can start to get a feel for this skill.

Passives

These are the ideal passives pretty much from beginning to end and will not change unless you are switching to a 2hander.

1. Holy Cause
    2. Wrathful
    3. Finery
    4. Fervor

They are pretty self-explanatory, Holy Cause increases damage by 10%, Wrathful provides us with sustain with life per wrath, Finery gives a huge str bonus nearly double what it was last patch, and the newly re-designed fervor is absolutely amazing for this build and more so later on in progression.

Last edited by mannercookie: 5/24/2014 5:56:39 PM
    FIreLight - Fire Crusader Guide for Patch 2.05

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ABjHo6Suz8
    Quote from mannercookie
    FIreLight - Fire Crusader Guide for Patch 2.05

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ABjHo6Suz8

awesome guide, learned a lot about crusaders/gearing in general on top of the actual firelight build.
    Horse bug happens to me as well, I'll get stuck on random mobs or arcane sentries when using it. It also gets hung up on breakable objects.
    I still don't get the love of FoH. It costs a ton of wrath and the damage output doesn't seem nearly as good as Fire Hammers. Do people value it more because you can place it where you want as opposed to the limitations of Hammers?
    Quote from raziael1
    Horse bug happens to me as well, I'll get stuck on random mobs or arcane sentries when using it. It also gets hung up on breakable objects.

I noticed this happens alot when you first cast it. You almost seem to need to activate it, release the mouse button, and click again or it just stands still charging in place.
    the only times you would take Holy cause instead of divine fortress would be:

stuck on difficulty which is too easy for you but the next difficulty is too hard for you to handle

when having a holy build since the 1% life per hit is insanely op

fast bounties /nephalem rift(lower torment rifts)

the only times to pick steed charge would be:

when you trolling..........

fast bounties/nephalem rift(lower torment rifts)

other than that its the worst skill crusader got it doesnt break stuns effects it does low dmg and in big fights it just sits in your skill bar doing nothing unless you are a noob and you need to run away

take falling sword its the highest dps skill crusader got its great for situation likes being immobilized and it melts massive packs and it combos insanely with firestarter since it stacks up the DoT
    i saw in your clip at the start when you show off your gear that you dont have RoRG and Cindercoat

i saw that and i was like wTF? why the hell you wont have cindercoat while running fire build it takes out primary skill for wrath generation usage and on top of that adds 20% fire damage

care to explain?
    Hello there, I realy like ur guides and im rly going to try this out on my lvl 68 crusader which is fire too because Andariels visage dropped for me so I have only 1 question: is it HC viable?
    Quote from Dyzlol ยป I still don't get the love of FoH. It costs a ton of wrath and the damage output doesn't seem nearly as good as Fire Hammers. Do people value it more because you can place it where you want as opposed to the limitations of Hammers?
    With Ak's champ up almost all the time FoH's wrath cost is reduced then if you add a cindercoat is allows you to spam and stack dmg even more.. not also mentioning it gives you a lot of mobility more so other builds. Your dmg comes from the stacking of firestarter and causes things to melt. FoH itself isn't your main source of dmg.
    Last edited by wng: 5/25/2014 12:18:49 PM
    I saw in your video you had attack speed priority in your paragon points (after cdr), why is that?
    Quote from Overblaze

stuck on difficulty which is too easy for you but the next difficulty is too hard for you to handle

other than that its the worst skill crusader got it doesnt break stuns effects it does low dmg and in big fights it just sits in your skill bar doing nothing unless you are a noob and you need to run away

take falling sword its the highest dps skill crusader got its great for situation likes being immobilized and it melts massive packs and it combos insanely with firestarter since it stacks up the DoT

D.F. vs. H.C. is something that the player would have to decide on for themselves, based on their gear. I swap between the two myself depending on what I'm doing. Don't undersetimate that 10% damage though, if you blow things up fast enough to not need a defensive you can farm rifts/bounties a ton faster.

Steed charge is amazing damage if you use it right, you may not see a 50-60m crit, but you get mobility on a much shorter cd, and a free source of fire damage for stacking the buff. It lets you move in between packs in a much more efficient manner so as to not waste Firestarter uptime. The ability is great before you have 6 pc, and god mode after for quick killing. Throw in Firewalers/Bul Kathos/ or Ice Climbers depending on what you're doing with a RROG and your utility skyrockets.
    This guy has awesome guides and info, but i cannot listen to his voice it makes me cringe :<
    Quote from raziael1

Quote from Overblaze

D.F. vs. H.C. is something that the player would have to decide on for themselves, based on their gear. I swap between the two myself depending on what I'm doing. Don't undersetimate that 10% damage though, if you blow things up fast enough to not need a defensive you can farm rifts/bounties a ton faster.

Steed charge is amazing damage if you use it right, you may not see a 50-60m crit, but you get mobility on a much shorter cd, and a free source of fire damage for stacking the buff. It lets you move in between packs in a much more efficient manner so as to not waste Firestarter uptime. The ability is great before you have 6 pc, and god mode after for quick killing. Throw in Firewalers/Bul Kathos/ or Ice Climbers depending on what you're doing with a RROG and your utility skyrockets.

you kinda said the same thing i said about D.F and H.C but alright

about steed charge i tested it alot in different variations and i never found it more useful than having Falling sword or law of valor i personally think its pretty worthless skill but if you like it and enjoy it its basically up for the player to decide but if you build a t6 without falling sword you pretty much doing it wrong this skill can go up to 60-70m crits with harrington i got with it 135m crit just vanish pack of elites and the aoe it does on land stacks up the DoT from firestarter so yes its just insane
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes