Hey guys, today I finally got my full ancient LoN gear for my crusader, after 60+ shards and alot of hours, I had high hopes and after reforging everything and put the right gems etc I tried it out.
I had real problems finishing even a 70 grift, I guess the damage on the boss was okey but I died at least 6 times and it just doesn't feel right, my armory isn't updated yet so I can't show my crus but I have full ancient with 850 paragon.
What might be the problem behind this? I watched some guys guide and the gear is right etc, but couldn't do a thing in 70 grift.
Can someone help me please? Feels like such an anticlimax when I finally got the full gear and can't do anything
agree, we need to see your armory to comment. I'm no expert, but I have done a 76 and consistently do 74-75 for leveling. is your issue just toughness or is it damage as well? what shield are you using? there are a few options for this. are you able to cast iron skin->bombardment on every physical rotation?
- Do you ALWAYS line up your Iron Skin, Shield Glare/Consecration and Bombardment with your Physical CoE proc?
- Do you have high Thorns / Physical % damage?
- Do you focus on Elite/Champions and huge density only?
- Do you kite/pull more when you're waiting for your CoE proc?
The LoN setup is a lot different in terms of playstyle when compared to Invokers, even though they both use similar skills and stat rolls (Thorns, CDR etc). The hardest aspect when gearing up for the LoN build is the insane CDR requirement. You NEED to have 61% CDR (60% actually, 1% is for imput lag/player mistakes) in order to allign your bombardment with your CoE.
When you meet these requirements, you will only want to cast bombardment when your CoE physical proc is about to go up, and things like Iron Skin and Shield Glare right before that (about halfway through lightning proc). This means you will only really attack once every 16 seconds, so you better make that attack count. Target large packs with elite mobs and champions, and don't waste time on stragglers, unless they are about to die and give good progression, at which point you can kill them with your Steed Charge.
Whenever you're not attacking (which is 75% of the time basically) all you need to do is stay alive. This build is a lot less tanky than Invokers, so right after you used you Bombardment, you start kiting (assuming the majority of the mobs are still alive) OR, when you're comfortable with your health, you can start pulling more mobs. Remember that you can use Shield Glare a second time in between Physical CoE procs, so you can use that to CC mobs while kiting, as long as you use it during your Fire or Holy proc (you want to cast it during Lightning again, so it's up during Physical).
That's basically how to play LoN Bombardment in a nutshell, and as much I can tell you without looking at your gear setup. Best of luck!
Also, don't forget that you don't actually have the LoN set or it's full functionality until you have an Ancient version of every item in the set. This may be your actual problem. Even with 3 ancients away from the full set and around Para 600, I'm speed running 70's in 4min.
- You collect the full set first and that enables you to speed run GR65's dying a couple of times.
- Good version of set items with L60 ranked gems and your pushing by then to clear GR70.
- Same but with good rolls and 4-6 ancient items in the set and you'll be clearing GR70 in 7min.
- Same as above but at least 10 ancient set pieces & you'll be destroying GR70's and pushing GR75.
- All ancients, gems rolled to 70+ and at least decent rolled stats on each item and you'll be pushing 78/79.
- Same as above now but you have applied Calderann's to at least 8 ancient set items with good stat rolls on them = you'll be pushing into the early GR80's.
- Same but with Calderann's on all ancient pieces with gems ranked 90+ and you'll be pushing past GR85.
Crusader is not my main class, but I have a BS LoN build that cleared GR74 fairly easy. I haven't tried 75 yet, but I am sure it would not be that hard. Augment your ancients. That will easily move you up by about 4 GR's, as it boosts your toughness as well as your DPS.