In depth guide for Inferno Ranged Barbarian

Quote from CherubDown

JCLe - about the Boj Anglers... The increased attack speed doesn't work on those boots. They're currently bugged. You'll notice they say "Attack Speed Increased By" instead of the standard "Increased Attack Speed By" attribute. They're known to be bugged and they don't add any damage. Have you noticed this?

Actually there are two sets. One has "Increased Attack Speed" which is bugged for boots, the other "Attack Speed Increased" actually works. :)
    Quote from Daemaro

Quote from CherubDown

JCLe - about the Boj Anglers... The increased attack speed doesn't work on those boots. They're currently bugged. You'll notice they say "Attack Speed Increased By" instead of the standard "Increased Attack Speed By" attribute. They're known to be bugged and they don't add any damage. Have you noticed this?

Actually there are two sets. One has "Increased Attack Speed" which is bugged for boots, the other "Attack Speed Increased" actually works. :)

Yeah, exactly, I think I talk about it briefly in the guide. Thanks anyway :P

I can't wait for it to be fixed so I get ias from my Pants ! Some pieces are really bugged as you said because you can't get ASI on them, like Inna's Glory and Zunimassa's (?) Journey (WD Boots). Too bad IAS is gonna get nerfed at the same time this is gonna get fixed lmao.
    Gerudo@d2jsp
    man you are shame for barb class, we are ment to be melee fighters, if you wanna attack at range go roll dh...
    Quote from virtualist

man you are shame for barb class, we are ment to be melee fighters, if you wanna attack at range go roll dh...

Mad cause stuck in act 2? :( As long as we have ranged attacks I take the right to use them
    Gerudo@d2jsp
    Considering he has cleared all of inferno, I wouldn't consider him a shame. Maybe if he'd just done Act 1, but you clearly can watch him kill belial and such with the build which gives it credibility. Just be happy there are options for the class. There isn't anything wrong with Diversity!
    I'm goona make a barb and try this O_O looks so fun! :)
    www.myspace.com/mpotatoes for all your Trans Siberian Orchestra listening pleasure
    If you want to arrange it
    This world you can change it
    If we could somehow make this
    Christmas thing last

By helping a neighbor
    Or even a stranger
    And to know who needs help
    You need only just ask

Very nice guide, thanks for posting - will probably level my barbarian to try this in future :)

Ix
    Toons: IxothMonk, IxothDh, IxothWiz (EU)
    I gotta say man, this is a nice change of pace from "run in, get plowed in mediocre gear"

Dropped a few thousand gold on a few upgrades, and now I'm actually enjoying my barbarian again.

+1
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Burned out Warcraft addict turned Diablo III addict.
    formerly 3/8 H DS10, YAY CASUALIZATION!
    I am trying this, but I am having huge problems keeping alive in act 2. Especially if the mobs cant be slowed/kited. Do you by any chance remember how much res/hp you had in act 2 ?
    Quote from virtualist

Congratulations, you just forced a week-long lurker to create an account. In Diablo 2 Barbarians could take the path of weapon throwing, hell, even one of the Ancients was a weapon thrower (he's also in Diablo 3). I enjoyed it a lot and still do.

Oh and about the shield thing: it's garbage. Go dual wield, it's a lot better. Double socket + 200+ strength on each weapon is way better than a shield. With decent resistances, you can survive 1 hit anyway.
    I don't see an Azmodan video by the way. Can't kill him with this build? I can easily kill the Siegebreaker, without even getting hit once (I do use Leap instead of Warstomp though). Azmodan kills me every single time with the "Hell pool" phase, I just can't survive it.
    I lvled a DH to 54 cause I had enough of my barb getting worked in inferno. Then I see this guide...spent literally 50k on some barely "OK" gear and owned act1 inferno so far. Barb is now officially fun again lol. I don't care to post much in forums, but for this guide, I wanted to say thanks. This is very very fun!
    Quote from Seditiar

Oh and about the shield thing: it's garbage. Go dual wield, it's a lot better. Double socket + 200+ strength on each weapon is way better than a shield. With decent resistances, you can survive 1 hit anyway.

It's all about budget. If you can drop 50mil on jewelry with CHC, res, ias and critical hit damage well go for it. Otherwise, shield works.

/e Also I don't like dieing and I rarely do with a shield so I'm happy with it :P
    Gerudo@d2jsp
    any reason to use this build apart from a bit of fun?
    Thanks for posting this! Had a lot of fun in D2 with a throw barb and looking forward to doing the same now in D3.
    Hey, thank you for this build and videos
    I was lvling my barb just for the possibility of some "throwing madness"

I liked throwing barb in D2 so I hope I will like it in D3 too
    Heyo everyone,

Just wanted to say awesome guide JCle! I myself play the typical sword and board barb, and I'm actually getting kind of bored of it. I recently teamed up with a monk and another barb (who happens to be a WT barb). The monk far exceeded my tanking, and was alot better at mod control that I was. The WT barb actually used ricochet...not really sure why..but his dps was probably about what your doing. While I had trouble surviving in act 3, he was utterly destroying mobs from the back.

I was also thinking about trying it prior to teaming with this guy, and was trying to figure out a proper skill set. You gave me a pretty dam good blue print for it. Only thing I'm going to have to work on is getting some CTC gear. What's hilarious is I still have a tals guardian, because it was cheapest res gear I could find on the AH. Most decent chest armor I could find with str/vit, 600 def, and about 50 res all went for minimal 500k.

Regardless I'm having legions of trouble surviving with 8.4k def, 34k hp, and 700-750 res all in act 3. I need a viability and this may just be the way to go lol. My only issue when I tested the version I used was running out of fury. So hopefully more ctc will help me on that...thanks again for the awesome guide.

Edit:

In regards to using a shield, I really can see the boost in survival from it. People seem to only see the "block rate" and not the "block amount". Having block rate doesn't seem to really help, but block amount is really what saves you. I tried using the helm of command with a 26% block rate shield. The only diff I noticed was i blocked more...(still took dmg and got 1 shoted by elites lol). When I upgraded that shield to the highest block amount..which i think is like 2.7-3.5k..it really helped just my sword and board barb out alot.
    Quote from Silvist

In regards to using a shield, I really can see the boost in survival from it. People seem to only see the "block rate" and not the "block amount". Having block rate doesn't seem to really help, but block amount is really what saves you. I tried using the helm of command with a 26% block rate shield. The only diff I noticed was i blocked more...(still took dmg and got 1 shoted by elites lol). When I upgraded that shield to the highest block amount..which i think is like 2.7-3.5k..it really helped just my sword and board barb out alot.

huh? the whole point is getting high block % with highest block amount shield (3.7k-4-7k) except if you use Stormshield which is 2.7k-3.8k

so when looking at a shield both block and block amount are important, only problem is the good ones are expensive
    Quote from Silvist

Heyo everyone,

Just wanted to say awesome guide JCle! I myself play the typical sword and board barb, and I'm actually getting kind of bored of it. I recently teamed up with a monk and another barb (who happens to be a WT barb). The monk far exceeded my tanking, and was alot better at mod control that I was. The WT barb actually used ricochet...not really sure why..but his dps was probably about what your doing. While I had trouble surviving in act 3, he was utterly destroying mobs from the back.

I was also thinking about trying it prior to teaming with this guy, and was trying to figure out a proper skill set. You gave me a pretty dam good blue print for it. Only thing I'm going to have to work on is getting some CTC gear. What's hilarious is I still have a tals guardian, because it was cheapest res gear I could find on the AH. Most decent chest armor I could find with str/vit, 600 def, and about 50 res all went for minimal 500k.

Regardless I'm having legions of trouble surviving with 8.4k def, 34k hp, and 700-750 res all in act 3. I need a viability and this may just be the way to go lol. My only issue when I tested the version I used was running out of fury. So hopefully more ctc will help me on that...thanks again for the awesome guide.

Edit:

Thanks man!

As for the shield, I mainly use it for armor, blocking is just a plus (like dodge)

Here's an Azmodan kill with elite packs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC3ZHdQ0fQE
    Gerudo@d2jsp
    You should consider using Weapon Throw with Stupify rune. On inferno Act II+ the charmed mobs will 1shot others, and usually get 2 attacks off in a 6 sec charm. White trash has never been easier ^^
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes