Prepping for next month

Hi Everyone,

I'm planning on getting some upgrades for my Barb next month and I was wondering if you guys could give me some gearing advice. The last round of upgrades that I did helped (140K --> 172k), but I still think I'm low on DPS, eHP, and AR. I might be wrong, but I would like a second opinion. I typically do a WW Barb setup with Rend instead of a fury generator.

BattleTab: Thornagol#1626

In an ideal world, I would like to hit around 250k+ dps and 700k+ eHP.
    Please read the community guidelines on Trolling & Flaming before you create a new thread just to complain... http://www.diablofans.com/forums/diablo-iii-general-forums/diablo-iii-general-discussion/75118-forum-guidelines-8-19-2012
    its easy if u get the cash

but if u want 250k dps unbuffed and 700k ehp prepare yourself to expend some bils
    Quote from Lokideviny

its easy if u get the cash

but if u want 250k dps unbuffed and 700k ehp prepare yourself to expend some bils

I don't mind spending a large chunk of gold. Those are ideal goals, but I have a feeling I'll end up being short in the end. I'm mostly looking for advice on things like:

1. Is a strong Skorn still the way to go or should I replace it with a EF/OH combo?
    2. Which pieces of armor need an upgrade and what affix combos do I need to look for?
    3. If my goals are too lofty, then what would be a reasonable damage/eHP goal for mp7-8. (I would really love to quick farm MP 10, but from what I've heard, no one really does that unless you have spend 15B on your gear.)
    Please read the community guidelines on Trolling & Flaming before you create a new thread just to complain... http://www.diablofans.com/forums/diablo-iii-general-forums/diablo-iii-general-discussion/75118-forum-guidelines-8-19-2012
    Skorn is the best way to go if you don't have 2B+ to spend on weapons. You don't need lifesteal on Skorn, it's very expensive : get 3% lifesteal from passive (remove brawler) and you're fine.

You should also replace Cleave with Rend, ils very effective with Skorn and gives nice healing.

For upgrade, try to get vitality everywhere you can, 35k Hp is way too low, you need 50K+.

You can give up all resist on gloves and get STR + VIT + CC + CD (or IAS), you can also give up all resist on belt and get 150+STR + VIT and nice IAS and CD.

Your amulet is pretty bad, you don't need IAS but high CD (it can roll up to 100%), CC, STR and VIT. +DMG and socket is also great.

I play Skorn build too, you can check my barb, I have no problem farming MP10 : Izanagi#2808
    Quote from Zanderino

Skorn is the best way to go if you don't have 2B+ to spend on weapons. You don't need lifesteal on Skorn, it's very expensive : get 3% lifesteal from passive (remove brawler) and you're fine.

You should also replace Cleave with Rend, ils very effective with Skorn and gives nice healing.

For upgrade, try to get vitality everywhere you can, 35k Hp is way too low, you need 50K+.

You can give up all resist on gloves and get STR + VIT + CC + CD (or IAS), you can also give up all resist on belt and get 150+STR + VIT and nice IAS and CD.

Your amulet is pretty bad, you don't need IAS but high CD (it can roll up to 100%), CC, STR and VIT. +DMG and socket is also great.

I play Skorn build too, you can check my barb, I have no problem farming MP10 : Izanagi#2808

Thanks for the info! I'll look at your build.

I normally have rend but I was playing around with cleave last night and forgot to change it before I logged out.
    Quote from Thornagol

1. Is a strong Skorn still the way to go or should I replace it with a EF/OH combo?
    2. Which pieces of armor need an upgrade and what affix combos do I need to look for?
    3. If my goals are too lofty, then what would be a reasonable damage/eHP goal for mp7-8. (I would really love to quick farm MP 10, but from what I've heard, no one really does that unless you have spend 15B on your gear.)

What do you want to farm? Its really easy and cheap to get a barb ready to farm MP10 Trashmobs with a Skorn. But if you want to kill elites you should go for dual wield.

To farm MP10 effectively you dont need 700k EHP, 500-600k is all you really need. Also 40-45k HP is enough you dont need 50k+. Aim for ~450 AR and ~550 Phy Res.

You should get a Skorn without Lifesteal and a high str/critdmg/AVG dmg roll (NO IAS) and an IK Belt for Lifesteal, this way you will gain EHP and DMG because you can get such a better Skorn without lifesteal that its worth to not get a WH. Keep using Brawler dont use Bloodthirst because 30% dmg > WH and 3% lifesteal on your IK belt is enough. Also get better gems.
    Get Zuni Boots with 8% Poison dmg Str+Vit+AR this will boost your dmg a lot.
    Also you want 18% ATKS overall. I would go with 9% inna Boots + another item with 9%, i prefer gloves because trifecta gloves arent that expensive anymore, even with high rolls. ofc you can use lacunis but crafted bracers with high crit + str > lacuni.
    Also i would replace the shoulders with rares with Str/Vit/AR/Phy Res for more EHP and Dmg.
    Overall just aim for really high Str/CC/CD rolls on your items, while keeping the HP/Res numbers i mentioned at the beginning. ATKS beyond the 18% is just a bonus for really really high budgets. AVG on Amu/Rings is nice to have but not as important as high Str/CC/CD.
    double post
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes