Experience & leg farming - Testing zone's.

So over the past few days i have started testing a few zones for kills/legs/exp per hour, the runs i have have done so far have all been tested by doing four one-hour runs. The build i used is the standard WW/Rend, Dps unbuffed while doing this - 260k. HP -60k. All res - 540.

All runs where done on MP10 with Zero valor stacks and skipping all elite's.

Would like to share with you guys the results i have got so far.

Act one - Fields of Misery.

Avg kills per hour - 7620
    Avg experience per hour - 185,011,080
    Avg legs per hour - 8

Act two - Storm halls.

Avg kills per hour - 6202
    Avg experience pee hour - 124,857,585
    Avg legs p/h - 4

Act three - Fields of slaughter.

Avg kills per hour - 3917
    Avg experience per hour - 94,108,072
    Avg legs p/h - 6

Act one - Weeping hollow.

Avg kills per hour - 5172
    Avg experience per hour - 92,389,872
    Avg legs per hour - 6

Act two - Forgotten ruins.

Avg kills per hour - 7215
    Avg experience per hour - 181,289,385
    Avg legs per hour - 5

Act two -Dahlgur oasis.

Avg kills per hour - 5544
    Avg experience per hour - 127,159,242
    Avg legs per hour - 5

Fields of Misery is the obvious winner here, most know that already but after some testing of forgotten ruins(Thanks for the suggestion Greed1337) seems to be a very close second - it seems much better for lower geared players, the run is fast has great exp great legs and mobs that die rather easy.

Fields of Slaughter is a zone i see people overlook rather often but the avg legs P/H makes up for the slightly lower experience.

Storm halls can be hard to farm if you do not have decent gear, it is a fun short run though that can be done in just under 3 mins.

I will be doing more tests of other areas, is there any zones/runs people would like tested or would maybe like to share results they have found?
    thanks for the data, i think forgotten ruins is also a nice area to farm
    I like Weeping Hollow a lot, as do most people I think. Maybe try that
    Quote from Greed1337

thanks for the data, i think forgotten ruins is also a nice area to farm

I will test this out as soon as i have some time to spare. :)

Quote from Shad3slayer

I like Weeping Hollow a lot, as do most people I think. Maybe try that

Weeping hollow kills P/H is high but the experience and drop rate was nerfed at the start of 1.0.8. I am still doing a test on it though :)
    how do these numbers compare to a quick run with stacks?

For example, Act 1, Woods -> Hollow - > Fields -> Halls 2
    Quote from JKlimek

how do these numbers compare to a quick run with stacks?

For example, Act 1, Woods -> Hollow - > Fields -> Halls 2

Well the fields of misery run alone nets around 96m* more experience per hour, this is due to the fact of how dense the area is. Taking the time to kill elites in WW/Rend build can be an extreme downfall for experience.

Edit typo*
    *added Weeping hollow.
    thank you for your work
    Quote from Greed1337

thank you for your work

No problemo, i have almost finished the forgotten ruins data, i must say it is looking great so far.
    yeah i think it might be the best area to farm if you dont have enough dmg for fields of misery, well eastern and western channel should be good too. but i never liked the random layout so didnt farm much there
    *Added forgotten ruins. - Amazing zone, great suggestion greed. :D
    Quote from Mackie

glad you like it as much as i did :) also i am curious how do you get your legendary numbers, do you calculate them from the amount of kills you get or from the number of legendarys you find in your test runs? And just to be sure, you are ofc MF capped arent ya?

If you keep testing zones and if you dont hate them as much as i do, i would really be interested in seeing some data of the Eastern and Western Channel, since i heard they would be very good zones, but as i said, i could never keep myself farming there for a longer time. :)
    Quote from Greed1337

Quote from Mackie

glad you like it as much as i did :) also i am curious how do you get your legendary numbers, do you calculate them from the amount of kills you get or from the number of legendarys you find in your test runs? And just to be sure, you are ofc MF capped arent ya?

If you keep testing zones and if you dont hate them as much as i do, i would really be interested in seeing some data of the Eastern and Western Channel, since i heard they would be very good zones, but as i said, i could never keep myself farming there for a longer time. :)

For the legs- example (2 hour test) say i find ten in hour one - then five the next hour i would get the avg = 7.5 i always round it down. I am only paragon 81 so i am not capped from paragon levels.

As for the east + west channel's would you want them both tested separate or together? Or maybe i could try together and separate, that could be interesting. :P
    yeah i know you arent P100 yet, but are you capped with gear + follower? because if not it would affect (of course only very small) the results. I think it would be cool to see the decimal numbers, but maybe it would be confusig for others. :)

Well you know i am really not sure about the best way to farm them, since the map is always random i think you probably only want to do both if you run into the exit at the end and if its a dead end you just port out and start again. but thats only what i think, dont know if this is the best way to handle it
    Quote from Greed1337

yeah i know you arent P100 yet, but are you capped with gear + follower? because if not it would affect (of course only very small) the results. I think it would be cool to see the decimal numbers, but maybe it would be confusig for others. :)

Well you know i am really not sure about the best way to farm them, since the map is always random i think you probably only want to do both if you run into the exit at the end and if its a dead end you just port out and start again. but thats only what i think, dont know if this is the best way to handle it

Yeah i switch some items out etc and have my follower packed with some MF :P I will test both ways, just to determine what is best. Doing both eastern + western vs doing only one of the other.
    Would you be able to check out Dalghur Oasis? I think that's a great place to farm, and pretty dense.
    Quote from nuhertz

Would you be able to check out Dalghur Oasis? I think that's a great place to farm, and pretty dense.

Already started testing this, i will post results when done. ;)
    Quote from Mackie

Yeah i switch some items out etc and have my follower packed with some MF :P I will test both ways, just to determine what is best. Doing both eastern + western vs doing only one of the other.

thanks looking forward to it :)
    *Dahlgur oasis added. :)
    Will be doing east and west channel's soon, lost some data when clearing my PC. So i will have to do it from scratch :P
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes