Stacking Elite DMG - Barb

How can you calculate legs/hour when the single largest factor behind kill speed is magic find? Paragon 100 with 100m gear is going to find more L/H than a 300m gear set up at P0 if they are both killing trash mobs in 1 rend.

You should be less fixated on actual counts (which fluctuate with many uncontrollable variables) and more on kill speed.

[edit] also, stop being a dick. If you can't keep your posts civilized and mature, you're going to have a hard time here. I'd suggest you go back to the official forums if you just want to trollol

bye guis its always fun whenever i visit this forum... makes my day...

Take the trolling down a notch or you'll have to discuss things with your mirror, or on the official forums where they tolerate such attitude.

If you can't take a counter argument, thinks you're the only one who knows the truth and don't want to prove your points with some actual facts, by all means don't even bother creating a discussion.

I fail to see how a rare ring can give over 100k DPS. Because that's what you get from a 30% SoJ at 350k+ DPS. I saw your dps is 165k, so even if you lost 10-15k DPS from the Unity, you'd still gain roughly 45k dps from a SoJ.

"Oh but breakpoints and into the fray".

If someone needs 6% more crit chance, or more attackspeed to keep the Fury regen always up, the problem is not in the stats, but in the execution (poor usage of Sprint tornadoes, bad positioning, bad Fury usage by spamming too much Sprint).
    In my experience, which is about 1000 hours play time as well as para 100.

MP10 will always yield the best amount of legs per hour IF you can kill / survive the mobs.

I'm not talking about dying 3-4 times to kill an elite.

My barb at max solo DPS is ~280K but my EHP is like 500k?

I don't kill elites fast so I train them along with me while I kill the field of the trash as well as WH. I like to gain 5 stacks by doing fest as well as leorics.

Trash mobs are what drop legs. Bosses / elites at MP10 drop legs at a less chance than trash mobs.

Summary: (In my opinion)

Spec for a balance keeping in mind survivability and DPS to be able to farm MP10 (or faceroll 500k dps if you can) and you will see results.

This 7 leg / hour thing is theorycraft nonsense because I can farm one MP10 game and get 3-5 legs. I can then do the exact same run and get 1-2 or even ZERO. RNG

PS - Quality of legs doesn't change, I have not seen a difference in farming MP10 para 100 or when I was MP5 para 0

Quote from seraphim4

I can come up with a much better elite dmg oriented mp7 farm gearset than yours.
    Ik chest, IK helm, Skorn, IK belt, random gloves, IK boots or zuni, Innas legs with high vit, rare ring + SoJ, craft neck and bracers.

now just apply that to whatever your budget might be and the SoJ will grant much greater killspeed on elites than what your build would :)

really? i would like to go ahead and change my setup to yours but before i do can you please go ahead and go to d3rawr.com and equate that for me cause i dont know what im doing and i just want to see what kind of improvement that is to mysetup ty.

or could you please do a run with me on your setup so i can compare side by side how good it is compared to mine on stream? so i can show everyone that yours is way better?

accept the challenge?

put up the 100m to build the set and sure.
    just for fun, can you link your stream?
    want to see you in action since with all the big talk you do here on the forums i want to see if you acctually hold true to all your big claims.
    Quote from JKlimek

How can you calculate legs/hour when the single largest factor behind kill speed is magic find? Paragon 100 with 100m gear is going to find more L/H than a 300m gear set up at P0 if they are both killing trash mobs in 1 rend.

You should be less fixated on actual counts (which fluctuate with many uncontrollable variables) and more on kill speed.

Dont know if you were referring to me, but ofc i would assume a paragon 100 char for calculating legs/hour. While i definitely agree that kill speed is the most important factor i dont think there are any real uncontrollable variables if you would compare under the same conditions.

Quote from Vaizard87

This 7 leg / hour thing is theorycraft nonsense because I can farm one MP10 game and get 3-5 legs. I can then do the exact same run and get 1-2 or even ZERO. RNG

why should it be nonsense? ofc it means X amount of legendarys / per hour on average. that you can get very different results based on rng should be clear, but over a large amount of time it will balance out
    So you're trying to tell me that if I get, 0, 1-3, 3-5 legs every run. That somewhere at some point ill be getting 5-14 consistantly to balance out the 1-3 and 0?

There has been no game where in an hour i've gotten 14 legs to balance out that RNG.
    Quote from Vaizard87

So you're trying to tell me that if I get, 0, 1-3, 3-5 legs every run. That somewhere at some point ill be getting 5-14 consistantly to balance out the 1-3 and 0?

There has been no game where in an hour i've gotten 14 legs to balance out that RNG.

14 legs in an hour isn´t that extremly rare. it happens from time to time, usually when you do longer runs.
    it wont happen often, but it sure isn´t impossible.
    Quote from Vaizard87

this is probably more a result of the fact that the way you are farming you dont get 7 leg/h than of the rng not balancing out. To get as many legendarys as possible you have to kill as many monsters as fast as possible. (ofc there are some other factors too)
    If only I could get a socket for my main hand, I could bump up my dps enough to farm MP10 a bit more efficiently and see that number go up.

Also looking for some really lucky drops to fill in those tough gear improvement gaps.
    Quote from Vaizard87

If only I could get a socket for my main hand, I could bump up my dps enough to farm MP10 a bit more efficiently and see that number go up.

Also looking for some really lucky drops to fill in those tough gear improvement gaps.

send you a PM
    http://www.twitch.tv/m4st3rp00

This is his stream. His Barb kills elite twice as fast due to the dps, but he spends three times as much time running away from elite packs either because he's run out of fury or because he can't tank anything without hitting a good Rend.

In the 35+ minutes I watched (of the recently recorded video), he didn't get any legendary either on the so called "legendary route", despite being paragon 100. Maybe, just maybe, it's because he skips so many white mobs trying to keep the Fury regen and WotB that the huge density doesn't matter. It's also a bit weird for someone so concerned with efficiency that he wastes so much time checking scarecrows, flipping corpses and stopping to 1v1 a trash mob but not picking up potentially good rares.

In general an experience quite different and inferior from Archon's stream on last Sunday, where they were getting something like 7-12 Legendaries/hour each (in his charity stream event).
    I believe that was a burn :)
    the wierd thing with this is that :

- he builds elite damage and doesnt think a SoJ would be better ( following the elite damage logic )

- talks about efficiency and legendaries per hour, but then his runs are not efficient at all, skips white mobs which I believe are the ones that reward more legendaries

- mixes elite damage with other items, disregarding the fact that a SoJ gives him 30% +elite damage, 12% more than all of his gear combined

Which means he could just gain so much more DPS by trading one of his rings by a SoJ and switching all of his other +elite damage gear by something which gives him more overall dps

or......... buy a SoJ and keep to the stacking elite damage whole idea. I mean, come on.. not buying a SoJ and stacking elite damage isnt logical at all
    Anybody who uses "Brah" in their language should not be taken seriously ever. Don't care if this isn't on topic.
    Playing Diablo since 97. I know nothing and having nothing good to say, I be a troll.
    the proof is in the pudding. dont worry stay tuned to my channel once bnet fixes their servers. youll see all you need to see.
    You Just Lost The Game.

It's All Part Of The Plan!

Masterpoo#1227 http://us.battle.net...Masterpoo-1227/

the proof is in the pudding. dont worry stay tuned to my channel once bnet fixes their servers. youll see all you need to see.

With the way you speak to people and the single mindedness of your posts i do not think many people are going to 'stay tuned to your channel' Any top barb who runs with a tyrael's chest has one with 3 sockets, they combine this with a SoJ, this results in much better dps/elite damage bonus. The fact you dont want to use a SoJ so you can get breakpoints just makes it seem that you have no idea on gearing. The sheer hilarity is the fact you shun one of the BEST elite damage bonus item that can allow you to allocate stats elsewhere for breakpoints.
    Quote from Slayerviper

Anybody who uses "Brah" in their language should not be taken seriously ever. Don't care if this isn't on topic.

Shut up.......brah.
    Quote from Mackie
    The fact you dont want to use a SoJ so you can get breakpoints just makes it seem that you have no idea on gearing. The sheer hilarity is the fact you shun one of the BEST elite damage bonus item that can allow you to allocate stats elsewhere for breakpoints.

ok bud did you read one of my earlier posts where i did implement your shitty SOJ with my break point? i lost standard dmg and only gained VERY LITTLE elite dmg so i chose NOT TO USE IT. please if you will since you seem like you know what you are talking about and know how to gear a barb go ahead and teach me buddy take my gear and show me how to implement a soj without losing TONS OF DMG. please since you all know what you are talking about go ahead and show me man.... please....

if you think you can make a better setup for ww and tdps with a soj be my guest. if you think you can make a budget WW barb around 100-300m that has more over all dmg then mine for elites and standard monsters please go ahead and post it in this thread.

and before you make yourselves look like fools which you already have by saying you can do better with a soj and none of you have provided this "better way" i challenge everyone of you to create a budget ww/tdps barb with a soj that is better then my setup but please be sure to calculate your "godly budget setups" @ d3rawr.com before you make yourselves look even more stupid.

and as far as these "godly barbs" go that use 3 socket tyrael's chests tell them to go ahead and put vit in those 3 sockets and tell me what they get.... OOOOO my chest thats right and i didnt have to pay for gems.... no im not a godly barb im just a smart one ty.
    You Just Lost The Game.

but adding the elite dmg that im providing through my setup would even make it more over powered no? it seems as if me trying to keep my current break point and adding the soj/lacuni my tdps does increase in the area of elite dmg but my standard white mob monsters receive less dmg.... using a 26% elite dmg 6% ww chc SOJ

compair:

http://www.d3rawr.com/d-gsRdW lacuni/soj

http://www.d3rawr.com/d-5T36I crafted bracers/unity + wailing host

so i didnt already try implementing a soj? go ahead and tell me which one is better the setup with the soj or the setup without it.

im sorry am i doing something wrong?
    You Just Lost The Game.

'member since - yesterday, 6.51pm' And every single one of your posts has been abusive, rather funny the fact you wish for people to watch your stream and listen to what you are saying if you cannot take criticism.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes