New barb. Paragon leveling, is WW still good?

Quote from Kodaijin

Don't know how I missed it but I would alter your build slightly to get rid of overpower and replace it with HoTA smash rune. It works really well to take elite packs down really quick and then switch back to the WW spin for trash packs

The loss of the crit from OP is not that big of hit?

Depends on how much crit you already have. If you have 50% crit chance, I don't think you'll need the extra cc from OP.
    But then again, this is high level talk, my barb can barely farm MP5.
    cookie cutter ww build http://eu.battle.net...UQRP!ZYd!ZZZZYc
    you can swap out HoTa for rend if you go with a skorn.

as for item build there are 2 basic ways of doing it. skorn or dw.

for duelwield go echoing fury with high dps, fast attackspeed, socket and as low fear as you can. (get crit to if you can afford it)
    a rare weapon with high dps, socket, crit, leech and str.

for helm go crit mempo if you can afford it, otherwise go IK helm,

crafted gloves, amulet, bracers and shoulders (preferably vit craft shoulders if you got lots of essences and gold, harder to get a good craft but it pays of in the end. go str on the rest).

Innas legs with either high vit or allres depending on what you need. if you have lots of funds you can go decent vit and str. (like 80-80)

For boots either go IK or Ice climbers (needs to have movespeed)

for belt go Witching hour or IK (ik only if you went with a skorn without leech)

chest you can go either crafted or IK. you do want the 2 set bonus but you dont "have to have it". i make do without it.

your best bet with rings is to go with rare ones. average dmg, cc mainstat + either ias or cd (depends on if you went skorn or dw)
    or both if you can afford it.

the reason for the different gearing decisions is that with skorn and rend its all about the cc+cd. you want rend to melt mobs and rend gets no bonus what so ever from ias.

with dw you want faster attacks to hit the higher tier brakepoints and to turn your Hammer of the ancients into a freakin machine gun.

Now ofc you want as high cc, cd and ias as possible with both builds, but that isn´t always affordable.

and please for the love of god, dont go with a Mempo without cc. see so many barbs doing that misstake and its always so sad to see.

here is my barb for inspiration: http://eu.battle.net...0/hero/28424471
    standard dw hota-ww barb
    Quote from seraphim4

Zuni boots are way cheaper and very good for dps. I have yet to see a pair of ice climbers that offer me better stats than zuni's

Quote from seraphim4

Zuni boots are way cheaper and very good for dps. I have yet to see a pair of ice climbers that offer me better stats than zuni's

"For DPS" being the operative words. Maybe OP needs survivability as well ;)
    If you need the MS, Zunis (with Str and Resists rolls)are hard to beat. I use one myself.

Yes Iceclibmers will provide more ehp, primarily from rolling Vit as well but high str, vit, ms, ice climbers are absurdly expensive.
    Meh, i get 5k dps from a pair of 100m zuni boots (with allres and str) from my 70m ice climbers.

go ice since the % hp on em will scale really nicely with the rest of your gear.
    Im playing a 190k~ dps ub barb (really ub, also no passives, comes down to 400k buffed dps constantly while playing) and Ive done some testing. I mostly just WW and use hota on elites. Mp 8 full runs, festering -> fields -> weeping hollow comes down to about 150 M/h. MP10 field runs where I mostly just kill whites, just on fields of misery + scavengers den/decaying crypt, I get slightly more, about 160 M/h. Im gonna test MP 9 and MP 10 full runs later.
    WW is highspeed top end XP farming.

Check my profile, giver.
    WW is still very good and easily the best spec still
    Quote from seraphim4

Why switch HoTa for rend IF he has skorn? I play with rend with dual wield is it wrong?
    Quote from Hellde

Quote from seraphim4

Why switch HoTa for rend IF he has skorn? I play with rend with dual wield is it wrong?

Calling it "wrong" is going abit too far. but less optimal. sure you can still do it, heck even i do from time to time.

but skorn is the best weapon in the game for rend due to the insane dmg on it and slow attackspeed (rend doesn´t take attackspeed into account).
    Ok thanks, I watched on d3rawr and my rend lose indeed almost half damage with dual wield compare to skorn I guess I'll play with HotA to smash elites then :)
    nice video advice
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes