What to upgrade to be successful?

Hello everyone, how are y'all doing

I need some tips and guidance on where to go with my barbarian.
    Recently switched from an Archon wizard, because it got pretty boring.
    Leveled my Barb up to 40 paragon in a little over a week, and been enjoying it a lot!

I started out playing WW/Rend with Skorn, but it got boring, FAST. I switched to the HotA/WW build and I've been enjoying it a lot more, and it seems way more useful because I can farm white mobs, elites and do ubers with it, while Skorn only allowed me to farm white mobs.

But I ran into some serious issues, I have NO idea what I need to upgrade, what stats I want (example: for Skorn WW you just need CC/CD but with Dual Wield you have RLTW breakpoints and all that?), so I have no idea what I'm aiming for, and I'm basically in a downhill spiral.

Can you please give me some guidance on what gear I should replace/get?
    Thank you so much for your time,
    Kalastrian

Armory : http://eu.battle.net...9/hero/11809614

EDIT: I should add I'm on EU and I have an 700-800 million budget.
    Try to pick up a lifesteal EF so you can drop Bloodthirst for Brawler -- it will make a huge difference. Also, you are generally better off running the EF in your offhand and an axe / mace mainhand since 1) you can usually get a higher min-max damage range on a rare axe/mace and 2) Sprint will proc the fear a lot less often that way. If you do decide to main-hand the EF anyway, consider a cold SoJ in order to keep the feared mobs in your tornadoes longer. Also, it can often be worth putting a marquis ruby over an emerald in the main-hand weapon since the main-hand damage range is what's used for Sprint tornadoes.

As a general rule, crit chance and crit damage > attack speed. It's useful to optimize breakpoints so you don't waste affix slots, but it's generally not worth aiming for high breakpoints until you're pretty much perfect on all of your other damage stats. FYI, for a 1.3 speed weapon with a 1.44 attack speed EF, the breakpoints are at 15, 34 and 59 IAS while WotB is active, but you currently have 47%. In other words, you currently have 12% 13% IAS which is doing nothing for your Sprint tornado damage, though it is adding to your HotA damage.
    ...and if you disagree with me, you're probably <insert random ad hominem attack here>.
    Quote from tanis0

Try to pick up a lifesteal EF so you can drop Bloodthirst for Brawler -- it will make a huge difference. Also, you are generally better off running the EF in your offhand and an axe / mace mainhand since 1) you can usually get a higher min-max damage range on a rare axe/mace and 2) Sprint will proc the fear a lot less often that way. If you do decide to main-hand the EF anyway, consider a cold SoJ in order to keep the feared mobs in your tornadoes longer. Also, it can often be worth putting a marquis ruby over an emerald in the main-hand weapon since the main-hand damage range is what's used for Sprint tornadoes.

As a general rule, crit chance and crit damage > attack speed. It's useful to optimize breakpoints so you don't waste affix slots, but it's generally not worth aiming for high breakpoints until you're pretty much perfect on all of your other damage stats. FYI, for a 1.3 speed weapon with a 1.44 attack speed EF, the breakpoints are at 15, 34 and 59 IAS while WotB is active, but you currently have 47%. In other words, you currently have 12% IAS which is doing nothing for your Sprint tornado damage, though it is adding to your HotA damage.

Thank you, that was extremely helpful! I'll try to sell my offhand then and get a new Echoing and a new main hand! I don't really know what to do about the attack speed though. I'll figure it out! :D
    I bought some new weapons, my battle.net already updated!
    You mind taking a look? I'm missing the marquise, still haven't gotten around to get it.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Kalastrian-2859/hero/11809614
    No problem. As far as the attack speed, just keep it in mind as you upgrade. Your stats generally look pretty good, but you could do something like drop the gloves for IK gloves with Crit Damage and either Vit or resist all, and then replace the boots with STR+VIT Zunimassa's, or maybe movement speed Ice Climbers if you have that kind of cash.

By the way, do you find you need that much health? The general consensus has been that ~42k is enough for MP10, excluding those green guys in KD2. :) You might be able to replace some of those gems to get more strength, especially if you can pick up a bit more resist all. If you feel like you need it though, keep it since if you start dieing more often without it, you're losing the time you'd gain from the dps increase anyway.
    ...and if you disagree with me, you're probably <insert random ad hominem attack here>.
    Uhm, I agree I might have too much health, but I usually run Keeps 2 and Arreat for both paragon and legendary farming. I don't feel like I can run MP10 efficiently, my dps is too low. I'll trade the gloves and boots, as I feel those are the furthest ones from upgrades.

You've been really helpful, please continue!

Thank you so much :D
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes