Need improvement advices for my WW Barb

Heyoo,

could you guys tell me where should i go next with my gear?
    My dps is good imo but some survibility/vit would be nice (without loosing too much dps).

I know many will say "craft", but crafting gloves = loosing +60all res IK bonus. Crafting bracers = loosing 12% MS. -> Changing boots to +12MS = loosing alot dps.

So any good advices are welcome! :)

So here is my char: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/dav0-2631/hero/1188884

Thx for all answers! :)
    • Lose 25 strength from chest, add 120 vitality.
    • Lose vitality and armor from belt, add strength and crit dmg.
    • Lose attack speed from gloves, add crit dmg.
    • Lose lacunis, craft bracers with stats like shoulders + crit.
    • Lose rare ring, get cold dmg 30 elite bonus Stone of Jordan.
    • Lose LOH and vitality from main hand, add life steal.
    • Lose offhand for life steal Echoing fury.
    • Lose ice climbers for Zunimassa's boots with str/vit/res.
    Thanks for answer dude.

Couple questions:
    - Cold dmg on SoJ: does it freeze enemies? How important is to have 6% cold dmg instead of 5%? And how important its to have specific barb skill SoJ? I quess one with ww dmg would be best?
    - Is high dmg/socket/lifesteal enough in main hander or should it have high str or crit too? (i know those gets expensive)
    - Why people use EF on their offhand? Is it important to have high dmg in it cos tornados only use main handers dmg? so i should go with EF with high +ias/socket/lifesteal? I personally hate fear on ww barb from EF, you dont see problem in that?
    - Why Zunimassas boots for instead of lets say IK or Nats boots?
    Quote from ghoppe

Thanks for answer dude.

Couple questions:
    - Cold dmg on SoJ: does it freeze enemies? How important is to have 6% cold dmg instead of 5%? And how important its to have specific barb skill SoJ? I quess one with ww dmg would be best?
    - Is high dmg/socket/lifesteal enough in main hander or should it have high str or crit too? (i know those gets expensive)
    - Why people use EF on their offhand? Is it important to have high dmg in it cos tornados only use main handers dmg? so i should go with EF with high +ias/socket/lifesteal? I personally hate fear on ww barb from EF, you dont see problem in that?
    - Why Zunimassas boots for instead of lets say IK or Nats boots?

Before the answers I must state that playing a build without a main nuke (hota/seismic slam) is silly. You're basically missing out on everything a barb scales best from and make gearing rather pointless.

Cold dmg doesn't freeze but makes all your damaging abilities apply a significant slowing effect making monsters stick to tornados and not run out of your range, works for trash, elites and bosses. Having a barb specific ring isn't necessary but everything small adds up. Lately people have really milked the prices for even half decent rings so I wouldn't suggest committing too heavily before the rest of your gear is in better shape.

Having both strength and crit dmg on a Socketed life-steal axe/mace is really expensive so I would drop the strength and increase the DPS of the weapon instead. The reason Echoing furys are used is because the APS bonus it grants gets automatically cloned to your main hand weapon also, and having it in your offhand controls the fear slightly and since you're using a cold damage ring the fear gets even tolerable.

The only thing IK boots and Ice climbers offer is health which is unnecessary in this game. Zunis offer a high damage multiplier and Nats boots offer 7 crit and a ton of defense from a slot you would normally get no 'special' bonuses from. Zunis are great since you only have to worry about that one slot when Nats requires you to find boots AND a ring which might be tricky and expensive. I've been too loud here and the word has gotten around that Zunis actually are really good which has resulted in prices going up while the Nats combo hasn't gotten too much attention yet.
    i went with those specs and it fells great, thanks alot :)

One question about mainhand weapon:
    you said that i should go with high as possible dmg and forget str.

Highest dmg axe i can found in ah with soc/cd/lifesteal is 1186dps.
    I just bought axe with 1141dps/45cd/socket/3%life steal, does that sound enough for you?

And about offhand EF: do you think 937dps/165str/0.25aps/2.9 life steal is enough?

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/dav0-2631/hero/1188884
    Quote from ghoppe

i went with those specs and it fells great, thanks alot :)

One question about mainhand weapon:
    you said that i should go with high as possible dmg and forget str.

Highest dmg axe i can found in ah with soc/cd/lifesteal is 1186dps.
    I just bought axe with 1141dps/45cd/socket/3%life steal, does that sound enough for you?

And about offhand EF: do you think 937dps/165str/0.25aps/2.9 life steal is enough?

http://eu.battle.net...31/hero/1188884

Attack speed multiplies the visual DPS of a weapon so the EF you described only has the raw weapon damage of a rare 775dps mace which is pretty horrible from a damage perspective since HotA rotates between both weapons. I just sold my items and you could probably have gotten my axe for a better price but it's fine nevertheless. It's really annoying to get a better one since alot of players camp the auction house and sell them on 3rd party websites instead.

An IK chest with ~25 less strength and ~120 more vitality go for quite reasonable prices so its a safe bet. Andys visage is fine if you play on mp4 or lower with a gear level of 8+ so when you get tired of getting destroyed by elemental damage I suggest looking into a IK helmet with ~50 resistance. You'll bulk up alot, get more XP only miss out on silly attack speed.

PS. Might want to change your Bash rune to Punish to get a 20% dmg increase and further increase your survivability through life-steal.
    ok, so i should go with higher dps EF in the future cos HotA.
    What about that mainhand: 1141dps/45cd/socket/3%life steal? you think its good enough to put marquise emerald in it? (dont want to waste 10m removing it twice if thats not good enough ;D)
    Quote from Strafir

I just sold my items and you could probably have gotten my axe for a better price but it's fine nevertheless. It's really annoying to get a better one since alot of players camp the auction house and sell them on 3rd party websites instead.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes