Nerf to WotB:ToC what are us Barbs going to do now? (New build to tryout)

I'm not sure nerfing WotB/ToC is the best idea. They should start removing Into the Fray and replace it by something else, then see if Barbs can still have infinite WotB (and infinite everything else)...
    Quote from Vulmio

I'm not sure nerfing WotB/ToC is the best idea. They should start removing Into the Fray and replace it by something else, then see if Barbs can still have infinite WotB (and infinite everything else)...

How exactly is Into the Fray a problem? Only having a chance to get back 25% less fury than what you just spent isn't too good of a deal, especially for assgear players.
    Barbarians are spaming skills with high fury cost barely using fury generators, just thanks to Into the Fray and it is not a good deal ?
    I agree ToC is a bit OP but they really need to start focusing on buffing Earthquake and CotA so Wrath isn't such a necessity. I remember a blue post about some ideas and one was a skill rune to keep your ancients up permanently until you die. From what I remember, they don't do THAT much damage effectively so it wouldn't be too OP but it would continue to promote diversity rather than just the go-to wrath.
    Quote from Strafir

I don't get why players already worry and post threads on various forums with titles like "what are us Barbs going to do now". It's just a speculated change and at the rate the d3 devs are pushing out new features WOTB is safe for another year probably.

Learning what playing a melee without the immunity is great but don't be all hysterical before we have all the facts.

I'm guessing you're talking about people like me?
    If so, don't get me wrong I want this change to happen. You said it best, we don't know what they have planed.

I do know that most(not all) of the time when blizzard changes skill mechanics/numbers, it's not just to one skill but there are multiple changes. This and all the new builds that will come from the nerfs/buffs (if the do change more than WotB:ToC), is what has me excited.

Wish I could of been more apart of this thread, I ended up getting food poisoning. I think I got it all out :)
    You can check out my Diablo III RoS videos here
    https://www.youtube.com/CORExpertGaming
    I never could keep up perma wrath anyways so for me this isnt a nerf lol.
    Quote from Strafir

Quote from Vulmio

How exactly is Into the Fray a problem? Only having a chance to get back 25% less fury than what you just spent isn't too good of a deal, especially for assgear players.

Specifically hota smash, into the fray lets you have infinite full fury when you're smashing 2 or more targets, such as a grouped up champ pack.

But I don't think the skill is much of a problem anyway. There's many builds that don't use it, such as the 0 hota build that just uses the 30% damage battle rage instead.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    wotb might get nerfed to a point were ww not would be so great at higher mp if ur pure dps like my barb 45k life 3% lifesteal 360k dps unbuffet, But it sounds like fun to change spec and maybe even use charge (: been playing ww barb almost from the start were some ppl did show you could use sprint and ww so i dont mind to try something new :P.. but i might have to sell all my gear as i would lose all my great def the ww spec gives us to a point were we only need 500-600 all res for mp10 :P
    I'm sorry, maybe I'm the only one who thinks this whole thing is just irrational. Blizzard, in regards to Diablo 3, really aren't in a position to be pushing people away from one of - if not THE - most popular styles of play. I strongly encourage them to explore new avenues and give the Whirlwind/Run Like the wind build some competition and not a nerf. Look at all the synergies that go into that build. It's beautiful. Barbs need more flavors. If you sold 5 flavors of popsickles and one was the highest selling flavor, you wouldn't suddenly make it taste worse to sell the other flavors, you would fix the other flavors.
    hey bro you almost use all the same skills i use in my build i posted 8 days ago. http://www.diablofan...-in-34-minutes/ take out wotb and frenzy and add leap/furious charge and we have your build!

the link to my twitch.tv video is dead because i didnt save it but you can find me using my build about 2 weeks ago. http://www.youtube.c...ser/geekster727

be honest did you take the idea from me change a few skills and call it your own? just curious.

also why would you add furious charge and leap? knock back is VERY BAD for a hota/rend build, you want the mobs surrounding you, and slow attack speed is SERIOUSLY BAD.
    if they do this i'm quitting the game. No point playing no more barb will return to sht , slow and weak just like the old days. I don't wanna play shield and I don't wanna run around slow and get owned...

if they want to make more builds they should buff earthquake and the ancients those skills are absolute garbage. even with nerf i wouldn't use those skills.
    Quote from momonami5

if they do this i'm quitting the game. No point playing no more barb will return to sht , slow and weak just like the old days. I don't wanna play shield and I don't wanna run around slow and get owned...

if they want to make more builds they should buff earthquake and the ancients those skills are absolute garbage. even with nerf i wouldn't use those skills.

I'm not sure if you're trolling but I will say that earthquake most certainly isn't a garbage ability. It works great if you gear properly and want to try something new.
    This is just a brainstorm, so don't flame if you hate the idea. It seems that the CC immunity is what makes WotB really game-breaking. What if ToC was kept as is, but the CC immunity only lasted for the original 15 second duration?

This wouldn't break any builds, players would still have a short-term powerful CC breaker, and beyond the 15 seconds players still have to be smart and skilled about placement and avoiding CC.
    Quote from 0mn1bl4d3

be honest did you take the idea from me change a few skills and call it your own? just curious.

also why would you add furious charge and leap? knock back is VERY BAD for a hota/rend build, you want the mobs surrounding you, and slow attack speed is SERIOUSLY BAD.

If you really feel that way, you can check out my video using similar skills (April 8 Elite Crushing Build). Taking credit for others work is not my style, I love giving credit where it's due. There's no point to lie about it (there's no real point to lie actually), what goes around comes around.

So did you steal my idea and call it your own? I'm just messing with ya, great minds think alike is all it comes down to. Haha :)

The reason(s) for using leap and FC is:
    1. I'm not using WotB (I do but it's not my prefered play style) and they give great mobility.
    2. This build uses leap for engaging (with the rune that pulls mobs in) allowing you to not need the the bigger radius, on rend still being able to hit as many and dealing more damage. Same thing for HotA
    3.Similar to point 1. I use FC to dodge frozen, arcane beams, ect.
    4.With the rune that lowers the CD on FC you can pretty much spam it when ever needed.
    5.With the 2 of them you really never have to enter a fight with no or low furry
    6. Leap is great for leaping over walls to get to your next zone faster.
    7. Leap is also nice when you get walled in by elites.There are other reasons but these are a few of the main ones.
    You can check out my Diablo III RoS videos here
    https://www.youtube.com/CORExpertGaming
    @ ChromeOnRust

You should say thanks to MannerCookie for this build..

MannerCookie's Merciless Assault Build @ http://us.battle.net...pic/8569107532?

( 4/5/2013 )

More data here, if you want to compare with other builds.

The Barbarian 1 hour essence challenge @ http://us.battle.net...opic/8568378716

*edit*

Heck, he even posted it right on this very forum.

MannerCookie's Merciless Assult Build (Vault DE Farming) @ http://www.diablofans.com/topic/91257-mannercookies-merciless-assult-build-vault-de-farming/
    Quote from ChromeOnRust

If you really feel that way, you can check out my video using similar skills (April 8 Elite Crushing Build). Taking credit for others work is not my style, I love giving credit where it's due. There's no point to lie about it (there's no real point to lie actually), what goes around comes around.

I see.
    Seriously ppl.

on youtube look up "Merciless Assault Build pt1"................ have a look at the date this was posted and who posted it.

Thank You "MANNERCOOKIE"
    Oh enough of this taking credit back 'n forth of builds that doesn't introduce any kind of change to core mechanics of the class. Who cares if some dumdum drone thinks it's appropriate to call a combination of abilities according to a player.

When someone manages to get a build working properly without abilities like Into the Fray we can start discussing about a revolutionary mind worth his title.
    Quote from Strafir

Oh enough of this taking credit back 'n forth of builds that doesn't introduce any kind of change to core mechanics of the class. Who cares if some dumdum drone thinks it's appropriate to call a combination of abilities according to a player.

When someone manages to get a build working properly without abilities like Into the Fray we can start discussing about a revolutionary mind worth his title.

They are working builds, and can be used without into the fray by swapping to charge/stamina and a few other minor tweaks.

No need to hate, and I'm fine with more people becoming aware of viable non-berserker builds.

I do dislike the new name, I prefer my name to the build.

Merciless Assault sounds much better than RPM :P
    I will still use it probably with Slaughter rune and maybe Boon of bulkathos to reduce time between transformations
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes